> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Slash_5's Rock Riffing Etudes, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2012, 11:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (slash_5 @ Apr 20 2012, 07:03 PM) *
Thank you for your feedback Gabriel! I am here to learn and improve. so I will continue to work hard :-)
do you have any tipps on how to improve the just downstrokes technique and getting the speed or is it just a matter of time practicing it at slower tempos?

yes, the only way to practice this is just playing over a drum loop or metronome. Start with a comfortable tempo and then increase it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
slash_5
Apr 30 2012, 01:59 PM
GMC:er
Hey Gabriel!

I'm still working on the Strokes Style Lesson to get the speed. In the meantime I composed another song. And I have some theory questions if it's ok for you.

The chord progression of the song.

Intro: Am - C - Em - G
Verse: Am - Em - Am - Em
Pre-Chorus: C - Em - C - G
Chorus: Am - C - Em - G

The key should be Am. I laid down some melodie lines with the A minor Pentatonic Scale or chord inversion / triplets respectively. And I tried to focus to start and end the licks on the strong notes of the chors I'm playing over. But what other options do I have to solo over the chords above? A Aeolian, C Major?

Thank you for your help.

Marco

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2012, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Marco. You're right, the song is in A minor so the most obvious choice would be to jam using A Pentatonic minor and A minor (or A aeolian). Another mode that could work over this progression is A Dorian. You can also follow every chord playing its pentatonic scale, its arpeggio (or triad) and also playing the following modes over each chord:

Am: A aeolian / A Pentatonic minor
C: C Ionian / C Pentatonic major
Em: E Phrygian / E Pentatonic minor
G: G Mixolydian / G Pentatonic Major/ G Dominant Arpeggio

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slash_5
May 15 2012, 05:52 PM
Hey Gabriel!

Here's another take on this lesson. I spent some more time on it. I know that it's not perfect yet. But do you hear some improvements already? :-)

http://soundcloud.com/marco-wyss/indierock-the-strokes-style

Marco

QUOTE (slash_5 @ Apr 20 2012, 01:49 PM) *
Hi Gabriel!

I finally managed to record the Strokes Style Lesson. I tried to focus on the tipps you gave me in the last lesson (staccato, higher strings). But I have trouble getting the fast licks at the end right.

What do you think?

Marco

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2012, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Slash! Good job! Your timing is good on this take. The most important parts to fix are the solos because the notes sound a bit cut. The reasons could be two: 1. You stop pressing the fret to soon or 2. You are muting the notes with your right hand. Which do you think that is the reason?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slash_5
May 16 2012, 04:20 PM
Thank you for your answer great mentor! wink.gif

Which part do you mean exactly?

I think it's the first option. Probably because I'm lacking in speed to get to the next fret I release to previous note too early. I have to focus and improve on that.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 16 2012, 04:44 PM) *
Hi Slash! Good job! Your timing is good on this take. The most important parts to fix are the solos because the notes sound a bit cut. The reasons could be two: 1. You stop pressing the fret to soon or 2. You are muting the notes with your right hand. Which do you think that is the reason?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2012, 04:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (slash_5 @ May 16 2012, 12:20 PM) *
Thank you for your answer great mentor! wink.gif

Which part do you mean exactly?

I think it's the first option. Probably because I'm lacking in speed to get to the next fret I release to previous note too early. I have to focus and improve on that.

At 00:32 and 00:50.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slash_5
May 29 2012, 07:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 16 2012, 05:46 PM) *
At 00:32 and 00:50.

Hey Gab!

I recorded another take of this lesson. I tried not to cut the notes this time. check it out.

http://soundcloud.com/marco-wyss/indierock-thestrokes-take-2

cheers

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2012, 03:43 PM
Instructor
Hi man! This take is much better than the previous one! The notes are longer and the licks sound smoother. One important comment that I have is that the riff starting at 00:15 and the licks at 00:50 should sound even tighter.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
slash_5
Jul 17 2012, 08:21 PM
QUOTE (slash_5 @ Apr 20 2012, 01:49 PM) *
Hi Gabriel!

I finally managed to record the Strokes Style Lesson. I tried to focus on the tipps you gave me in the last lesson (staccato, higher strings). But I have trouble getting the fast licks at the end right.

What do you think?

Marco

Hey Gabriel!

I finally managed to record another take! I still have troubles to reach the speed of the fast licks near the end. What do you think?

Marco

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2012, 10:37 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, it's a good take, but it still has some things to fix to be perfect. There are two important things to improve, the first one is your timing, you are not playing tight every part, try to practice it at slower tempos until you feel comfortable with the technique. The other thing is your guitar tuning, it's a bit off.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:26 PM