Wonderful Tonight (great Song For The Ladies!), EVERYONE should learn this version!
radarlove1984
Dec 11 2007, 02:37 AM
GMC:er
I just found an awesome video on youtube a couple of days ago. The guy was cool enough to post the sheet music for the song too.

If there's one song that's going to impress your girlfriend, it's this one rolleyes.gif

Hahaha. It sounds shallow to say that, but it works like a charm. I started playing this in the hallway between classes today and within 5 minutes I had a full crowd of women listening.

This is just one of those great Eric Clapton songs everyone should learn. Good luck with it.

(oh yeah, I play it tuned down a half step with a capo on the 2nd fret. I guess it's the same as normal tuning w/ a capo on the 1st fret. Playing in G#/Ab always sounds good on the acoustic guitar for some reason... maybe it's because most songs are either in G or A. Who knows....)

Edit --- guess it would help to post the link!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g6xNjZIA-xg&feature=related

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by radarlove1984: Dec 11 2007, 02:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 11 2007, 02:41 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm I don't really like this guys arrangement of it wink.gif But that song is just beautiful !! Really a must for every guitarist wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Dec 11 2007, 02:44 AM
yeah, it doesn't sound that great in G. Sounds a lot better in G#. It's weird, but it really does make a huge difference.

You know of a better version anywhere? I can't sing to save my life (still workin' on the singing lessons though!) so I need an all guitar version like that one.

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Dec 11 2007, 05:21 AM
pretty cool. if anyone is looking for the guitarpro tab to this, it's "wonderful tonight acoustic" on ultimate-guitar. it's the exact same thing as the tab that is on that guys youtube.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Dec 11 2007, 07:56 AM
What a coincidence.
I started to learn this last week. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 11 2007, 08:11 AM
I am a big Clapton fan, but from Lala back. But Clapton singing a love song, just to me was like a hound dog singing a love song. Silly. Don't get me wrong, huge Clapton fan. If you ever get a chance, take the recording he did of Crossroad with Cream on wheels of fire, and play it in slowdowner. He still sound great even at 50% speed, and you can hear why he was so great. Pretty educational. Like he would hit a passing quick note, and still put a little vibrato on it. His bends were surgically precise. And rhythms, really something.

But he had the singing talent of a hound dog. maybe this song would be good with somebody else singing it. youtube is down right now so can't look for it.

edit: he was ok for some things, such as Lala, or Crossroads. Even a hound dog sound fine, if he stays within his limits.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Dec 11 2007, 08:18 AM

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Dec 13 2007, 09:11 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 11 2007, 11:11 AM) *
I am a big Clapton fan, but from Lala back. But Clapton singing a love song, just to me was like a hound dog singing a love song. Silly. Don't get me wrong, huge Clapton fan. If you ever get a chance, take the recording he did of Crossroad with Cream on wheels of fire, and play it in slowdowner. He still sound great even at 50% speed, and you can hear why he was so great. Pretty educational. Like he would hit a passing quick note, and still put a little vibrato on it. His bends were surgically precise. And rhythms, really something.

But he had the singing talent of a hound dog. maybe this song would be good with somebody else singing it. youtube is down right now so can't look for it.

edit: he was ok for some things, such as Lala, or Crossroads. Even a hound dog sound fine, if he stays within his limits.

hahaha, i agree somewhat. I can put up with his singing, but eventually, the hound dog image comes into place smile.gif

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 13 2007, 09:21 PM
Instructor
Very nice, I like the original arrangement by Clapton, great song! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:04 PM