2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Warrior Bushido Task 38, Donut King's choice
DeGroot
Oct 19 2012, 08:03 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Warrior Task 38: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Guitar-Loves-Piano-5/

It is my pleasure to pick this weeks warrior task! We will dig into Piotr's wonderful Guitar Loves Piano series. I think we can all agree that piano sounds better with some electric guitar over it.

Now we know to expect a rock ballad here... but this one has an additional twist. Piotr heats it up in the second half with some quick AP runs, bending, strong vibrato which all leads to an epic challenge!

I'm sure we can handle this. So lets hear some great takes! smile.gif

Deadline is next Friday Oct. 26th... or you'll have to answer to Master Pai Mei ph34r.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 19 2012, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Oh yes !! DG, you're a natural Keeper of The Temple.. I think you should take over from now on !! biggrin.gif

Great, I look forward to getting my teeth into Piotr's lines ! I don't want Pai Mei to break my fingers ! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Oct 19 2012, 10:59 AM
Learning Tone Master
Nice one! I'll give it a try, although I haven't even finished the last Donut King's Choice yet. Or Set the Pace. Or most other tasks.
Hmm, I'd better find out which poison she used, Elle...

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 19 2012, 05:48 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Most excellent ! Well, better get going on this one myself. I do not want to experience the wrath of Pai Mei!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Oct 21 2012, 07:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
I realized that I might as well give up on this right away. There is no way I will be able to play those stacked 5ths in any foreseeable future (not even inside picked).

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 21 2012, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Oct 21 2012, 07:53 AM) *
I realized that I might as well give up on this right away. There is no way I will be able to play those stacked 5ths in any foreseeable future (not even inside picked).

No way, gangsta ! Try using hybrid picking.. it's a great way to get around licks that would normally demand outside picking !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Oct 21 2012, 03:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
Speaking of excuses.. The tab (Guitar Pro) is not in accordance with how he plays it at the second run of ascending triplets. ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 21 2012, 06:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Oct 21 2012, 03:58 PM) *
Speaking of excuses.. The tab (Guitar Pro) is not in accordance with how he plays it at the second run of ascending triplets. ph34r.gif

Oh no.. I guess we better just make it up when we get to that point ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Oct 22 2012, 06:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 21 2012, 05:34 PM) *
Oh no.. I guess we better just make it up when we get to that point ! tongue.gif

Well, I figured out that part.

But, I honestly can't see it happen that I play this one. The tapping part is sickeningly fast, and the stacked 5ths that I mentioned before (which is really a 5th, a 4th, and a 5th) are simply not possible for me - inside picked, hybrid picked, or tapped doesn't matter. I have already wasted hours. Ask me in 5 years though.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 23 2012, 06:49 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Oct 22 2012, 05:05 PM) *
Well, I figured out that part.

But, I honestly can't see it happen that I play this one. The tapping part is sickeningly fast, and the stacked 5ths that I mentioned before (which is really a 5th, a 4th, and a 5th) are simply not possible for me - inside picked, hybrid picked, or tapped doesn't matter. I have already wasted hours. Ask me in 5 years though.

yeah, that stacked 5th part is a thorn in my side right now. I can finally play it on its own but the whole transition into it after the long run and slide always throws me off. I will need all the time I can get before the deadline for this one.

Who the heck picked the lesson!? mad.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 23 2012, 08:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 23 2012, 06:49 PM) *
Who the heck picked the lesson!? mad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 24 2012, 06:33 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Here is my take. Much harder lesson then I thought it would be. tongue.gif
Still a lot of rough spots but overall this was my best take out of many attempts. I still almost always screw up either the fast run or that last lick from hell! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 24 2012, 06:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 24 2012, 06:33 PM) *
Here is my take. Much harder lesson then I thought it would be. tongue.gif
Still a lot of rough spots but overall this was my best take out of many attempts. I still almost always screw up either the fast run or that last lick from hell! wink.gif

Oh that is smokin' hot, man ! cool.gif

Love that bend you do at 0:11

He nails the damn Donut again, lads !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 24 2012, 09:06 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 24 2012, 05:54 PM) *
Oh that is smokin' hot, man ! cool.gif

Love that bend you do at 0:11

He nails the damn Donut again, lads !! laugh.gif

Thanks Ben! smile.gif

hehe, I should probably take it easy on the donuts for a little while. Maybe visit a fitness center or something. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
Oct 24 2012, 09:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Degroot, that sounds damn good to me man. That Les Paul is silky smooth. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 25 2012, 08:05 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Oct 24 2012, 08:45 PM) *
Degroot, that sounds damn good to me man. That Les Paul is silky smooth. cool.gif

Thanks greg! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 25 2012, 09:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 24 2012, 09:06 PM) *
Thanks Ben! smile.gif

hehe, I should probably take it easy on the donuts for a little while. Maybe visit a fitness center or something. biggrin.gif

That's the great thing about living on the mountain.. it's like a natural assault course ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 25 2012, 04:23 PM
Instructor
I have bit of a confession to make. I've only just started learning this piece today and am finding it quite challenging indeed ! biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know, I know.. but I've had lots of other stuff to get done.. but hopefully I'll have a take for you v. soon ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 26 2012, 07:21 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 25 2012, 03:23 PM) *
I have bit of a confession to make. I've only just started learning this piece today and am finding it quite challenging indeed ! biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know, I know.. but I've had lots of other stuff to get done.. but hopefully I'll have a take for you v. soon ! smile.gif

Of course no big hurry Sensei.... then again, Pai Mei may have a different agenda. unsure.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 26 2012, 10:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 26 2012, 07:21 AM) *
Of course no big hurry Sensei.... then again, Pai Mei may have a different agenda. unsure.gif biggrin.gif

I'm working towards having an offering for Master Pai Mai.. I would not test his patience ! ph34r.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:06 AM