Eternal Kingdom, the new Cult of Luna masterpiece
PanicProne
Jun 16 2008, 08:45 PM
GMC:er
What do you think about the record. Bought it on saturday and I just love it. So dark and soooo brilliant.
Apparently it's based on some guys journal which they found in the old psych ward they where rehearsing at.
The guy was convicted for drowning his own wife but in his journal there was another explanation. A world of owl-men and strange creatures who he blamed for the death o his wife. Scary, the human mind. Brilliant record!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 16 2008, 10:06 PM
Yes I love the record, it's amazing. At first when they released the song "Eternal Kingdom" on their myspace I became a bit sceptical, since that song wasn't anything special (except the ending that's amazing), but that was the (imo) worst song and everything else is amazing. I especially love Ghost Trail and Owlwood. I'm glad to see some progression aswell from their side.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Jun 20 2008, 09:54 AM
I'm with you on all your opinions. I absolutely adored "Somewhere along the highway" but Eternal Kingdom is also excellent! Owlwood is brilliant!

What are their earlier records like? Can anybody recommend other groups that I might enjoy? And oh, is there a simple "in the style of"-trick to play this type of music or should I put up a lesson request? tongue.gif

This post has been edited by PanicProne: Jun 20 2008, 09:55 AM

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 20 2008, 12:12 PM
Well, Salvation is similar to Somewhere Along the Highway, so pick that up if you havent already. Cult of Luna and The Beyond (and all the EP's and stuff they also realeased that I haven't listened to that much) are really different, they remind me a bit of early Isis. I don't know what that genre is called, but I would guess on "sludge", it's really raw and dirty, but still has these build up elements. Check it out aswell, it's quite good even though it's not really the same.

And for similar bands, check out Callisto, Isis (both late and early, but I would recommend you on checking out late first), Neurosis and Khoma, they are kind of similar and I think you would enjoy them.

And well, for playing music like this, I don't know if a lesson can help you with that, just listen to the music and get a band with 8 member and you'll do just fine. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Jun 20 2008, 04:42 PM
Haha. Allright.. 8 member sludge ey? Seems like a real challenge. I've got khomas records already so.. but thanks anyway. And uh. Tell me how it turned out when you've managed to get your recording gear together. I'm saving up for some myself. Probably a mac and what else I'll need. (Och förresten. är det inte underbart med forum där man alltid snackar engelska fast båda är från sverige? tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 21 2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah I figured you'd already be listening to Khoma since you're into Cult of Luna, but I still had to mention them. (Och, ja, det är fantastiskt att prata engelska med svenskar i onödan, finns ingenting som gör mig gladare här i världen laugh.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 AM