Help ! Tony ?, external sound card problem
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 30 2012, 11:29 PM
Instructor
So I have a problem. How to force an external sound card to works in parallel with one in the system (Audigy)?! A year ago I managed to adjust that, but now ( I installed it again) is happening that I can't listen to music from two different sources at the same time. I read somewhere that the problem is actually in the operating system (XP), which only allows one audio source in the Real-time. I swore that I had arranged it, but now I'm not sure, damn mad.gif !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 31 2012, 09:56 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
It partly depends on the version of Windows and your audio software. In some software (ASIO4ALL is one) you need to identify them as WDM audio devices Sinisa and WDM usually allows you to have more than one audio device at a time. In some versions of Windows - XP and earlier, not sure about Vista as we don't have it - you can toggle between the soundcards in the audio settings. It's also possible in XP to have both digital and analogue outputs siultaneously. So you could send a spdif signal to an external card and run the analogue off your internal.

AFAIK though Win 7 doesn't support multiple audio cards and/or multiple simultaneous outs.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 31 2012, 01:18 PM
Instructor
The way I partially fixed this problem in win7 is using Tony's method of connecting them with digital cable. So, output from integrated card is going digitally into external one, and all sources can be controlled from external card's mixer.

As for using multiple cards, it is possible in both winXP and win7, in separate applications.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 1 2012, 11:00 PM
Instructor
Thank you very much Tony, Ivan! Interesting, I haven't tried the combination with a spdf.That external device is my Boss GT10, which serves me as sound card sometimes ! I'm using Asio4all,and it recognize both cards, but I'm not sure whether I need to set up and configure windows audio option or ASIo panel, or both !? i mean - do I need to put the GT10 as a default sound source or Audigy ,there is a catch somewhere !!!
When i working with Sonar8 everything works like a dream, but multiple streaming crashes all the time !

Anyway,I have a new suggestions now ,keep you updated !!! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 5 2012, 01:02 PM
Instructor
Probably ASIO4ALL is creating a conflict if you are using it for all purposes. Not sure when it crashes, but for me, ASIO conflict happens sometimes as well, although I try to keep it controlled.

Audigy can be your main audio card for anything except DAW. I think this way both cards can function nicely. You can use regular windows audio driver for Audigy, and ASIO4ALL in DAW only (or if you use standalone guitar software plugins).

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 5 2012, 02:08 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 5 2012, 12:02 PM) *
Probably ASIO4ALL is creating a conflict if you are using it for all purposes. Not sure when it crashes, but for me, ASIO conflict happens sometimes as well, although I try to keep it controlled.

Audigy can be your main audio card for anything except DAW. I think this way both cards can function nicely. You can use regular windows audio driver for Audigy, and ASIO4ALL in DAW only (or if you use standalone guitar software plugins).

Yes, ASIO generally doesn't like concurrent multiple cards etc. I think ASIO4All gets around this by using WDM etc instead of ASIO - not sure as I don't have/use A4A.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:22 PM