Best Venue And Worst Venue ?
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 11:51 AM
Instructor
What's the best venue you've ever seen a live concert at ?

What's the worst ?
And why ?

For me..

Best : The original Carling Academy in Birmingham where I saw Megadeth in 2004 (or was it 2005 ?) because it was so easy. You just walk in right off the street and down some stairs and then the you're in the room. It was also below street level, underneath a flyover.

Also the best was the O2 Academy in Bournemouth where I saw Saxon.. just walk in off the street into a really nice, old looking room. Used to be an Opera House.

Worst : Earl's Court, London . Nothing actually 'wrong' with it but I was dissapointed with the acoustics and it didn't have much of an atmosphere, even though I was there to see Iron Maiden in 2000, their first UK show since Dickinson's return.

P.S. Try and keep it limited to larger venues, rather than obscure clubs because lots of us would pick smaller, intimate club gigs anyway but I'm interested in what people think of the established, well known venues. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 24 2012, 11:51 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
SpaseMoonkey
Feb 24 2012, 12:29 PM
GMC:er
Best: House of Blues - Cleveland, Ohio. (Pretty popular over here in the US, they have a couple all in major cities. Feels like high end theater.) I believe they have the best sound, no matter the concert I've never heard or seen a bad one there. I've seen Gwar, KSE, Dethklok and so much more there, I've even enjoyed just the local bands they book to open up.

Worst: Almost every concert that I've seen outside. I've seen quite a few bands a handful of places, but they all seem to have been crap, the bands did a great job but the atmosphere is horrible. Nickelback was by far the worst... All we had was older drunks getting high with their kids around us. We actually left after a few songs in.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 24 2012, 12:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Feb 24 2012, 11:29 AM) *
Best: House of Blues - Cleveland, Ohio. (Pretty popular over here in the US, they have a couple all in major cities. Feels like high end theater.) I believe they have the best sound, no matter the concert I've never heard or seen a bad one there. I've seen Gwar, KSE, Dethklok and so much more there, I've even enjoyed just the local bands they book to open up.

Worst: Almost every concert that I've seen outside. I've seen quite a few bands a handful of places, but they all seem to have been crap, the bands did a great job but the atmosphere is horrible. Nickelback was by far the worst... All we had was older drunks getting high with their kids around us. We actually left after a few songs in.

Yeh I've heard of the House of Blues, didn't realise it was a chain though. I guess it's a bit like all the 02 venues over here. I was a little dissapointed that a lot of venues lost their orignal identity because of it but they seem to be intent on making an easy, consistent concert experience which I have no problem with. smile.gif

Outdoor gigs... I've only been to 1 big outdoor concert which was Ozzfest at Donington, UK. No trouble but it rained like hell and every time an ariplane flew overhead it drowned out the music.. I wasn't expecting that at all ! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:32 PM