> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Technique And Orchestration With Rated Htr
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 9 2014, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy!

This is very nice! I see you have approached things slightly differently than myself and you have given the notes a more perccussive/staccato feel - very obvious towards the ending. Was it on purpose? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 9 2014, 04:24 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey man!

I can't say it was on purpose, it was just the result of my practice I believe. The more relax I've become, the less attack I give to the notes. That was probably a consequence of that but, if needed, I can record another one and try to avoid that as well.

Just let me know.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 9 2014, 08:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Oct 9 2014, 03:24 PM) *
Hey man!

I can't say it was on purpose, it was just the result of my practice I believe. The more relax I've become, the less attack I give to the notes. That was probably a consequence of that but, if needed, I can record another one and try to avoid that as well.

Just let me know.

That sounds very interesting smile.gif I think that it could be a good idea to post this in the REC zone and see what the guys have to say as well - what do you think? In the mean time, this is the piece I had in mind:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Antoni...nter-Arpeggios/

What say you?

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 9 2014, 08:47 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Ok, will post it than smile.gif

Sounds awesome the lesson, I love neoclassic stuff smile.gif.

Will get right on it wink.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2014, 07:28 AM
Instructor
So glad you like it! biggrin.gif It's one of my favorite pieces of classical music, having a personal twist on it for this lesson! It's actually a nice story:

I had to perform Vivaldi's 'Winter' Opus 1, for a few Mozart Rocks! shows and I wasn't happy at all with the fact that the violins were simply playing 'rhythm' over this passage, so I came up with this series of arpeggios. All good and done, the first rehearsal day came - I went there, a bit nervous of course and when my turn came, I started playing. To my horrific surprise, there was no main violin - I WAS THE MAIN VIOLIN - and I was scaredto death while performing, because I was used to performing with the main violin alongside in the recording - just like you would practice with the original recording of a lesson and I had NO CLUE there won't be a main violin onstage... I managed to pull it through, but with a bucket of sweat to go laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 10 2014, 10:58 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I can just imagine laugh.gif

Anyways, I really like it. I already learned it, been practicing it at 100bpms so far. I think it's easier than the Intervals One since it has a lot of more familiar fingering for me, it's just a matter of practicingit until I get full speed I believe. I'll give you an update as soon as I can smile.gif.

EDIT:
I've been watching the work you've been doing with Yash regarding singing. You think it's possible to give me some pointers as well? smile.gif I really like to sing and I don't think I'm that bad, I just have a really limited vocal range.

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Oct 11 2014, 01:12 PM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 12 2014, 11:26 AM
Instructor
Hey bro!

Well done! I am glad you like that one as it's very dear to me and it's one of the musical things I've done that pays tribute to one of my all time favorite classical composers smile.gif I can't wait to see and hear your first recording!

About singing - I'd be delighted to help out and to begin with, I'd like to hear you sing something in order to be able to help out better smile.gif Please choose a song which you like a lot and that you can sing and we'll take it from there

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 13 2014, 12:15 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey man, here's an update for you smile.gif

REGARDING THE LESSON:
I'm struggling to achieve the lesson's tempo. I can already play it 110bpms but I'm getting really tense and I miss the transitions sometimes. What I've been doing is just playing at the comfy speed of 100bpms, the one that I can already seem to play relaxed and sometimes I bump up the tempo just to get my fingers used to it. Do you think I'm doing ok with this method or do you have another approach for me to try?

REGARDING THE SINGING:
Here's a video for you. I choose a particular difficult song in my book because I want to show you what my voice is not capable of doing while showing you at the same time my limits. I didn't perform very well because I have even less confidence when I sing so I can spot a lot of out of tune sections. This song also requires some range which you can see is my weakest point (or so I believe it to be) and, because of it, I attempted to do falseto or change to a lower octave once I couldn't do the notes. Unfortunately ,I'm not good at that either laugh.gif

Still let me know what you think.

- Filipe

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 14 2014, 08:05 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy!

The technique in which you speed things up in bumps is a good way - I've heard Ben and Todd talk about it so it must be working biggrin.gif Give it some more time and try to see if it works - I told you it's a trickier piece wink.gif

About the singing - hehe, you need to work on the following things:

- breathing - how can you sing if you don't have air to sustain your singing? smile.gif
- pronouncing the words completely - this is a very interesting thing and you will see that as soon as you will 'bite' the words, the music will sound more alive, your singing will be completely different biggrin.gif How to do that? Write down the words on a piece of paper and read them so that you pronounce every word fully and as articulated as possible - try to sing them in the same way smile.gif
- pitches - well, there are a few notes which need your attention in respect to pitch - as with guitar playing, isolate that section and work on it slowly to see the correct pitch

It's a long discussion, but this is the beginning wink.gif What songs would you like to learn how to play and sing? Making acoustic versions will help you loads on perfecting the necessary techniques!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 14 2014, 08:39 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hello,

I can take the opportunity to look around CifraClub which is a brazilian youtube channel that does a lot of popular covers with tabs and different arrangements. (Specially in acoustic guitar).

That way I can isolate the arrangements, also learn more mainstream songs outside my main genre and focus on the singing. I'll take into consideration the points you mentioned and on the next few days I'll try to supply a lesson take (even if it's at a lesser tempo) to give you an idea of my current status and a singing one as well.

Sounds good? smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 15 2014, 07:18 AM
Instructor
Hey again mate!

I'd be curious to see how working on a song together, will function smile.gif Let's try things in the following manner:

- pick a song you like - an easy one to start out
- see to the arrangement with as little guitar playing as possible, as we want to concentrate on the vocals here, right?
- try to apply my suggestions on the first verse and then we'll take it from there

My aim is to slowly implement some healthy habits in your singing and in the mean time, you will not only become able to sing but also, sing AND play - it comes with a lot of exercising and the more you'll do it, the more you'll go for more complex arrangements. At least that's what happened to me laugh.gif

About the lesson, yes, by all means, a slower take would be great to see and hear - if everything is alright, the only thing you'll actually have to do is speed up wink.gif

Let's rock!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 16 2014, 02:18 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi there man, here's an update for you.

REGARDING THE LESSON:
Here's a video of me practicing it as we discussed. You'll probably notice that I have problems in one transaction to the second to last shape before the pedal note lick. I know you use different fingering but when I learned it by ear this is the one I got and I played it like that ever since. I show you how I've been practicing, although sometimes I go to way lower tempos to make it as tight as possible.

Even if it's sloppy at a faster run, the notion I have is that my muscles will get use to having tension at that speed and mentalize that the previous one can be played in a more relaxed form.

REGARDING THE SINGING:
I'm open to suggestions. Lately I've just been puting on karaoke versions of the songs on youtube and focusing on pronouncing all the words. I've noticed that by doing that I have to see carefully where I have to breath in order to not interrupt the flow of the song. I'm inclined to choose a Bon Jovi song. What do you think? If you have any suggestions let me know, I'm a very eclectic person smile.gif.

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Oct 16 2014, 03:35 PM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 17 2014, 09:03 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! I watched the takes and yes, around 0:47 you are blurring that note a bit in the transition - focus on that shift in order to make it sound defined and hey - you alternate picked the pedal note line - kudos for that wink.gif It's going slower because it's not an easy piece and I myself have some trouble with it sometimes - it all depends on the mood of the day - here it is live, when I played it for the first time ever, onstage - 03:11

I have no clue how I pulled it off, as I was SO NERVOUS, my hands felt like icebergs laugh.gif

About the singing - is Bon Jovi fit for your vocal range? Try to find something which you can play easily without forcing yourself to go over some range bariers that you haven't yet crossed so far wink.gif How about some Beatles? Or even Red Hot Chilly Peppers?

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 20 2014, 12:58 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, thanks for sharing that with me, very entertaining and I liked the arrangement a lot smile.gif.

Here's one I like as well for you to see.

I've been working on the lesson as best as I can but had a very...shall we say partish week laugh.gif. Anyways, I'm back to work. Also had some set backs from my computer which I had to format and re-install everything.

I choose Californication to sing. It's not a very hard song in terms of vocal range as you suggested but I really dislike my tonality when singing it since I sing an octave lower than he does tongue.gif. Also not a big fan of how it's sounding with the original track. I might record a simple acoustic arrangement and than sing over it and than when I'm able to play both parts good enough, join them together like you mentioned. How's that? smile.gif

I'm really trying to make the Vivaldi lesson perfect and relaxed. Regarding the pedal note being played alternate picking, I find it easier that way to be honest laugh.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Oct 20 2014, 12:59 PM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 21 2014, 07:35 AM
Instructor
Hey buddy! No hurry here wink.gif Take your time and thank you for the video - he is a bit too Malmsteenesque for my taste, but I liked the idea of a medley and some of the phrases were really interesting! I will definitely keep it close for inspiration.

About the acoustic arrangement - yes Sir! Do go for it and let me know when you have something up! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 23 2014, 01:40 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, here's a little update for you.

I'll try to do more work on the weekend, right now I'm taking care of university stuff so my schedule has become a bit more tight.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 24 2014, 09:09 AM
Instructor
Hey matey!

I like your percussive picking style - very clean, defined and in good timing! There's a VERY slight delay in a shift occurring around 0:11 - otherwise, things sound very good! Keep it up and keep me updated, ok?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:02 AM