6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Competition Suggestions
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 3 2008, 05:26 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 3 2008, 04:25 PM) *
But how about MP3 response to the lick?
No tab,just take. wink.gif
I mean if you can tab it,you can probably play it.

I don't agree. I can tab out things way harder than I can play. I have a good ear I'm just not good at playing the stuff biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 3 2008, 05:31 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 3 2008, 04:26 PM) *
I don't agree. I can tab out things way harder than I can play. I have a good ear I'm just not good at playing the stuff biggrin.gif

Well i must admit im the opposite- i can figure out licks and tab them- but i cannot for the life of me transcribe rhthyms (anything that is different to a whole bar of the same thing- like a while bar of 16th notes or 16th note triplets is fine- but any bluesy licks with funny timing im useless sad.gif )

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 3 2008, 05:33 PM
Instructor
Then we can have 2 categories,
only tab and only playing response,
depends of what you like. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
fire
Mar 4 2008, 04:52 PM
so power/guitar pro tab or what? In ASCII u won't be able to tab out correct freakin rythms wink.gif
I like the audio-reponse idea more:-P
for prices, I would stay by pre-amps / effectpedals, there are also cheper solutions than POD (Behringer f.e.)

cheers

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 10 2008, 03:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Best explanation on a piece of music, I'll explain.
The GMC senior pick a piece of classic music and post it, then we should describe it. The one who makes the best description of his feelings wins the price!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 10 2008, 03:43 PM
Instructor
Many classical music pieces have been transcribed already,it won't be fair competition imho,
I would stick to original licks. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Mar 14 2008, 07:27 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
as for a competition suggestion, you can put a backing track and tell everybody to add a lead guitar on it ( we can also add the key of the track so as even beginner can participate)
then member can vote for each others, leave comments and notes

and for rewards, instead of rewarding only the winner (wich is unfair, cause like this it will always be the same, specially if muris participate in the competition tongue.gif) you pick a name randomly and he wins
We can win the brand bew Pod X3, and pod X3 Live or even the Spider Valve HD 100
smile.gif
you can also create competitions without any rewards, just so we can hear what others do, and have some cyber guitar friends smile.gif

Jad

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
Manny
Mar 15 2008, 11:24 PM
Runner up prize?
A free GMC t-shirt! cool.gif

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Mar 15 2008, 11:40 PM
Prizes:

PC Sound card interfaces
Good Studio Headphone.
New pickups for your guitar.
Singing and or instrument microphones
Small tube amp.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 22 2008, 03:19 PM
Learning Tone Guru
What about songwriting competition? People could gang up in teams/or we could use virtual bands that already are and make it a team contest.. we could have several categories like.. most tricky solo, best lyrics, most headbanging riff... etc etc.. I can think it more if you will agree, its a good idea:)

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Jeffrey
Mar 23 2008, 04:09 AM
I really want a new strap or case. maybe also new tubes for your amp if you have a tube amp. 10 free tune-ups for your guitar.

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 23 2008, 04:12 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 3 2008, 05:25 PM) *
But how about MP3 response to the lick?
No tab,just take. wink.gif
I mean if you can tab it,you can probably play it.

Yes yes yes!!!!

2 catigorys would be fine.

This could end up being a furious competition..

Honestly.. Why don't you do prizes with a set *Spending Limit* guitar related of course..... That way the person will really get something they want instead of something they won and don't use very much.

Somthing like

Winner - $75-100
Runner up- $25-50

That way everyone is happy.. ya'kno?

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Mar 23 2008, 04:16 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Neth
Mar 25 2008, 02:06 PM
Edit:nevermind.

This post has been edited by Neth: Mar 25 2008, 08:38 PM

+Quote Post
Cherio
Mar 28 2008, 10:07 AM
"The oddest way to break a string" for a competition.... i know... random laugh.gif

entries would be shown as a video?

--------------------
CHEERIO'S

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 28 2008, 11:40 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 3 2008, 05:26 PM) *

and...

QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Mar 3 2008, 05:31 PM) *
Well i must admit im the opposite- i can figure out licks and tab them- but i cannot for the life of me transcribe rhthyms (anything that is different to a whole bar of the same thing- like a while bar of 16th notes or 16th note triplets is fine- but any bluesy licks with funny timing im useless sad.gif )

Do we have a perfect team here or what...? laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 28 2008, 01:15 PM
Instructor
laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ngqu
Mar 28 2008, 06:17 PM
how about a competition to see who can answer the most questions about KISS right. the prize could be an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

+Quote Post
SamJ
Apr 2 2008, 05:23 PM
QUOTE (ngqu @ Mar 28 2008, 06:17 PM) *
how about a competition to see who can answer the most questions about KISS right. the prize could be an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

Is that because you happen to be a big KISS fan? tongue.gif

And I also think that prize is a bit expensive. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Apr 5 2008, 11:40 PM
smile.gif What's the next compitition going to be!!?

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Anuj
Apr 11 2008, 08:22 PM
yes same question when is the next competition
some gr88 ideas and prizes...
Man cant wait...
i like the theory lesson thing, we all learn a lot and we have some fun(as theory is boring for most of the ppl)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:24 PM