European Students: Getting Started Recording
Todd Simpson
May 1 2012, 12:48 AM
GMC:er
For many GMC students, especially those in Europe, getting started with computer based home recording can be pricey. Many products have taxes/charges on them, making them too pricey. I've been SHOCKED at how much various audio interfaces cost in Europe compared to the states. Frankly it doesn't seem fair but I found a cheaper starter.

This site is in German (google can translate it) and they have a starter USB audio interface/sound card, that can get you going in the world of Computer Based Audio Recording. for under 40 EURO!

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Compute...9704-000V007106

This is the least expensive interface I have seen. Does anybody know these people? Bought from them before?

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 1 2012, 12:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TuckerG
May 1 2012, 03:37 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 30 2012, 11:48 PM) *
For many GMC students, especially those in Europe, getting started with computer based home recording can be pricey. Many products have taxes/charges on them, making them too pricey. I've been SHOCKED at how much various audio interfaces cost in Europe compared to the states. Frankly it doesn't seem fair but I found a cheaper starter.

This site is in German (google can translate it) and they have a starter USB audio interface/sound card, that can get you going in the world of Computer Based Audio Recording. for under 40 EURO!

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Compute...9704-000V007106

This is the least expensive interface I have seen. Does anybody know these people? Bought from them before?

Todd

Todd sir! biggrin.gif I apologize this is not addressing your post, but this semester is over, which means 24/7 guitar playing...and I was successful in making my grandfather buy me some guitar stuff by way of guilt trip over sending my sister on study abroad to Italy, LOL biggrin.gif Anyway, I have to record some videos so I can get going on my mentoring program!! As of now I have a GNX4, do you now some great sounding presets?? And I am running it through Reaper for recording. ANY advice on awesome GNX4 settings? Or routing(with Reaper)? Any words would be much appreciated Good sir! smile.gif

-Tucker

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 1 2012, 07:33 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Todd,

i don`t have experience with this music store but as i could see ,
this interface is an retour one - what means someone didn`t like it and send it back .

Regular price 59 EU.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 1 2012, 03:17 PM
Learning Roadie
They are a reliable online store that have been going for a long time, much like Thomann

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Bossie
May 2 2012, 03:17 AM
anyways it's a cheap device...unfortunately i know nothing about PC- recording,guitar rigs,software and all of that.... i was a guitar cable amp man.
Makes me feel retarded these days rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
May 2 2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah, i suppose you can't ger decent In-your-face Power Metal tone out of that guitar rig!!
The alternatiove is to buy some Line 6 processors and use it as a sound card ,but it costs money!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:49 PM