Demon Slayer Video Collab !
Ben Higgins
Jul 29 2012, 07:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Jul 29 2012, 05:17 PM) *
Can't wait for the mix

Video is almost ready !! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 29 2012, 10:29 PM
Instructor
Gentlemen, here it is !!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 30 2012, 12:01 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
WOW! you guys played incredible solos ohmy.gif no demonic soul is safe from that bad boy!
Thanks Ben smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 30 2012, 05:39 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
What did you do to me, Ben? ohmy.gif Awesome... my video needed some enhancment for sure! laugh.gif

I think this whole video came out killer. Bleez, your opening line sounds so sinister. Great playing guys

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 30 2012, 06:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
Very good result!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 30 2012, 10:44 AM
Instructor
Great playing from everyone.. well done !

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 30 2012, 05:39 AM) *
What did you do to me, Ben? ohmy.gif Awesome... my video needed some enhancment for sure! laugh.gif

I messed around for a while and finally decided on Infrared !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 30 2012, 11:18 AM
Instructor
As is customary after a collab, here is some feedback for y'all :

Gitarrero - nice use of Crazy Train again cool.gif I like how you've gone for a full fire breathing take this month, full of AP, pick tapping etc. I would suggest to try to avoid having long pauses in solos as the listener can tell that you're 'preparing' for the next lick .. but that's all - good work !

H4H - Really cool to see you using some legato licks with occasional picking. Is some of it economy ? Can't tell. Anyway, nothing to really criticise or suggest really ! All good biggrin.gif

Gregc1 - Love this take.. that lick at 1:24 is a beast ! Nothing to add - a classic solo from you wink.gif

DeGroot - I love the beginning phrases.. I'm sure I heard a Testament lick in there ? tongue.gif Good mixture of slow and fast phrases which keep a solo interesting. Only thing I'd add is to watch out for sharp bends but that's all !

Ulrik - a very hypnotic and atmospheric take ! Love that video too biggrin.gif Only suggestions I'd make are to try and time your phrases so you're hitting your intended target notes on strong beats and also to work on your picking/fretting co ordination a bit. I'd also repeat the same thing I said to Christian about leaving long pauses. Nice to welcome you to this collab !

Bleez - Nothing much to criticise in your take. If it were me, I probably wouldn't end notes so abruptly like at 3:14 without making it a harmonic or a slide, something with more impact. Either that or I'd make it a bit longer with some vibrato or something. I really dig those opening phrases, they're really anthemic and quite Metallica ! biggrin.gif

Overall, I really loved your input guys, I think we all made this a really sinister and cool track ! I can't see any demons around here now after we gave them a serious ass whooping ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 30 2012, 05:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks for the feedback and the (once again) awesome collab!
I know I promised my worst take...instead I decided to give you my best effort at higher speed playing laugh.gif

Well...there will surely be a new collab for a bad take wink.gif Unless the backing track is so awesome again...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 30 2012, 05:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
I Thoroughly enjoyed that
hats off to everyone

on my way to watch that again

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 30 2012, 06:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks for the feedback ben, I totally see what you mean. Those slides you done around the 3:43 mark were badass, really effective.

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 30 2012, 05:39 AM) *
Bleez, your opening line sounds so sinister. Great playing guys

thanks dude biggrin.gif I was really struggling to get started with it....... so I just tried to be Tony Iommi!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jul 30 2012, 07:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks for the comments Ben. I thought it came out great and had a blast hearing everybody's takes. See you guys on the next go 'round!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 30 2012, 07:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Gotta practice, some good advice!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 30 2012, 07:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 30 2012, 06:36 PM) *
thanks dude biggrin.gif I was really struggling to get started with it....... so I just tried to be Tony Iommi!

Ah that's more what I was thinking.. I said Metallica but yeah, I hear Iommi now smile.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 30 2012, 05:18 PM) *
Well...there will surely be a new collab for a bad take wink.gif Unless the backing track is so awesome again...

I'll try and pump out a bad backing track to give you guys a rest next time yeah ?? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 4 2012, 08:41 AM
Learning Tone Master
Again, a really stunningly cool final result! All the takes are really classy and sound EVIL! biggrin.gif Good job, guys.

Thanks to Ben and the other collaborators!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 30 2012, 10:18 AM) *
Is some of it economy ?

I think it's more of an "occasional AP" thing going on.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 4 2012, 10:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 4 2012, 08:41 AM) *
I think it's more of an "occasional AP" thing going on.

I like that description.. I think I'll start using it as it describes my playing also !

"OK, so this week we're looking at some occasional AP licks !!" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 4 2012, 10:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 4 2012, 09:44 AM) *
I like that description.. I think I'll start using it as it describes my playing also !

"OK, so this week we're looking at some occasional AP licks !!" biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 11 2012, 12:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
Just connecting to the "occasional alternate picking" thing..
I think this is how I do it: Attached File  OAP.pdf ( 82.38K ) Number of downloads: 108

At string crossing, there are four pick strokes (I don't see why the fourth is necessary, really, but this is how I do it). The rest is legato, regardless of 2 or 3 notes per string.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 11 2012, 01:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Aug 11 2012, 12:29 PM) *
Just connecting to the "occasional alternate picking" thing..
I think this is how I do it: Attached File  OAP.pdf ( 82.38K ) Number of downloads: 108

At string crossing, there are four pick strokes (I don't see why the fourth is necessary, really, but this is how I do it). The rest is legato, regardless of 2 or 3 notes per string.

Yeah that's quite similar to the kind of things I do... it works though doesn't it ? smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:45 PM