Action, Tapping And A Beginner Player, Guidance for setting action on a guitar and tapping
F Minor
Feb 20 2008, 07:10 PM
GMC:er
This is really two topics in one post, so here goes...

I'm starting to learn tapping and running into some painful difficulties. When trying to tap the 19-15-12 Em arpeggio, I'm seriously hurting my pick hand finger by jamming it super hard into the 19th fret to get a good sound out of the string, but all I keep getting are whimpy sounds (unless I really smash my finger into the string producing lots of pain (which is not fun). I have a Parker NiteFly Mojo guitar and using line6's insane setting (which should be good for things like tapping since it's got lots of gain, etc.). I am wondering whether (i) I should take the pain and build up and good callus on my pick-hand finger, continuing to smash it super hard into the string to get any sound at all, or (ii) it's an issue of setting the action higher to get more distance between the string and the fret, or (iii) something else entirely? Any more experienced players want to offer some tips / advice on this?

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:09 AM