7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Opeth.db Mtp, Uploads and Discussion
opeth.db
Feb 24 2009, 08:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Monte-

As you and I don't need an introduction but I will post my goals for you and answer your questions.

1. Very Limited but have started to work on this knowledge.

2. Counting is a new to me also but working on it.

3. A couple of lessons come to mind..
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...loing-advanced/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...d-fusion-shred/

4. MY name is Dan and I live in Cleveland, Ohio. My main goal is to get my ideas floating in my head to my guitar and develop the techniques for me to get there. I am very basic lead player but an expiernced rhythm player. Hopefully by the time the MTP is in full force I will be able to accomplish what I have set out to do.

Let's get this rolling! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 24 2009, 08:46 PM
GMC:er
congrats on joining the mtp Dan!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 24 2009, 08:48 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Feb 24 2009, 02:46 PM) *
congrats on joining the mtp Dan!

Thanks Hommie smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 24 2009, 08:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Upload all your questions and posts here please Dan smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 24 2009, 10:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Dan,
First assignment can be found on the main board. The lesson with Kris is gonna be just what the doctor, or in this case dentist, ordered. laugh.gif laugh.gif I already have talked to you via PM about the other stuff you want to work on so post your weekly technique videos here if you would. Thanks. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Feb 24 2009, 10:49 PM
GMC:er
Well? What are you waiting for?!?!?!?!

GET CRACKIN!!!!

smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 25 2009, 06:25 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Dan,
For your video upload this week I would like you to upload a take on the tapping licks from your day 1 tab. Play them in time with a metronome as written in the tab. If you have questions on this let me know. Lick 1 is phrased in 16th notes and Lick 2 is phrased in triplets. Lets put the tempo somewhere between 40 and 60 bpm. Wherever you can play it the cleanest. I want you to really concentrate on your right and left hand muting on this. Next week I am gonna have you upload the same licks but I am gonna make you phrase them differently. Should be fun. smile.gif LIKE A RAT ON A CHEETO BUDDY!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 25 2009, 02:42 PM
I like cheetos! I am up to 60 BPM cleanly. Im gonna work on it a bit this week and get the video up here for ya!

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Feb 25 2009, 12:25 AM) *
Hi Dan,
For your video upload this week I would like you to upload a take on the tapping licks from your day 1 tab. Play them in time with a metronome as written in the tab. If you have questions on this let me know. Lick 1 is phrased in 16th notes and Lick 2 is phrased in triplets. Lets put the tempo somewhere between 40 and 60 bpm. Wherever you can play it the cleanest. I want you to really concentrate on your right and left hand muting on this. Next week I am gonna have you upload the same licks but I am gonna make you phrase them differently. Should be fun. smile.gif LIKE A RAT ON A CHEETO BUDDY!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 25 2009, 04:57 PM
Can you make your thread an annoucement thread Monte? So its separated from our at the top?

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 25 2009, 07:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Feb 25 2009, 02:42 PM) *
I like cheetos! I am up to 60 BPM cleanly. Im gonna work on it a bit this week and get the video up here for ya!

Dan if you could post the legato lick that is phrased in quintuplets that would be nice as well. That way you have triplets, 16ths and quintuplets covered. So that is 3 licks you need to post for this week. 2 tapping licks and the quintuplet legato lick. Thanks dude! smile.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 25 2009, 07:05 PM
Rat on a cheeto.. sheesh smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 26 2009, 03:35 AM
Im gonna smash my webcam. I hate making videos! Once I push the suck button. I suck! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 26 2009, 04:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Feb 26 2009, 03:35 AM) *
Im gonna smash my webcam. I hate making videos! Once I push the suck button. I suck! mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I feel you pain dude. Happens to me all the time. It is just me in my room and I get nervous like I'm on stage at Madison Square Garden. laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 26 2009, 06:08 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Alright Dan, you and I talked tonight and we have decided to change a couple of things for your post for this week. For your post this week in addition to the group assignment here is what I want you to see.

The A Ionian box ascending and descending played in the following different phrasings:

-quintuplets at 50 bpm

-16ths at 50 bpm

-8th note triplets at 60 bpm

Look forward to your post.

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Feb 26 2009, 06:12 AM

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 26 2009, 06:31 PM
Will do..

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 27 2009, 03:18 AM
I think I still need a bit of work with these Monte. Im posting my video tonight becasue I got family stuff going on this weekend and not sure I will be home on Saturday.

I still need some work with these but its becoming a tad easier everytime I pick up the axe.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 27 2009, 04:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Feb 27 2009, 03:18 AM) *
I think I still need a bit of work with these Monte. Im posting my video tonight becasue I got family stuff going on this weekend and not sure I will be home on Saturday.

I still need some work with these but its becoming a tad easier everytime I pick up the axe.

Good work Dan!! The only thing I would suggest is that you are rushing just a little bit on the descending scale when playing the quintuplets. I think what is going on is that it is easier for you to descend the scale then to ascend so you are just rushing a little bit. I know this sounds weird but I still want you to so the 40-50-60-70-40 bpm workup that we talked about the other night. Playing really slow like this forces you to dial in on the metronome because the tempo is so slow. Keep working on the counting and I don't want you to bump the metronome past 70bpm until I see your video next week. I want you to really get comfortable with these tempos before we start working it up. I want you to focus on this same excercise for next weeks video as well. If possible Dan, I would really like to see you pick one of those tapping licks and phrase it using triplets, 16ths, quintuplets and 16th triplets if possible and post in your video too. This will be really good for you getting used to instantaneously switching between the different note values. smile.gif

Good job Dan. smile.gif You really need to focus on all the things you know and can do right now that you couldn't just 2 weeks ago. You didn't even know what a quintuplet was or the Ionian box and now you are breezing through them. smile.gif Remember, ACCURACY first and speed will come as a by product!! Good work man and have fun with the family this weekend. smile.gif

BTW, your right and left hand muting sounded good as well. smile.gif Dan could you play that same lick using legato instead of AP? If not spend half your time working on playing it legato!! Take if from me, don't neglect legato because you can AP better. smile.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Feb 27 2009, 04:33 AM

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 27 2009, 04:23 AM
Not weird at all Monte and thanks! I will continue on this plan untill you see my next video.

I will work on psting the tapping licks too in my next video! smile.gif

Thanks BUddY!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Feb 27 2009, 04:38 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Feb 27 2009, 04:23 AM) *
Not weird at all Monte and thanks! I will continue on this plan untill you see my next video.

I will work on psting the tapping licks too in my next video! smile.gif

Thanks BUddY!

I know I don't need to tell you this Dan, but make sure that every time you practice that you go through ALL the licks in the Day 1 technique tab, except the hybrid licks. smile.gif I want you nice and comfortable with those licks so that after next week when you are really comfortable with the different note groupings that we can start going to town on those licks with the Kaz-Box and get them up to facemelting speed. laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Feb 27 2009, 02:08 PM
rgr that! smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Feb 26 2009, 10:38 PM) *
I know I don't need to tell you this Dan, but make sure that every time you practice that you go through ALL the licks in the Day 1 technique tab, except the hybrid licks. smile.gif I want you nice and comfortable with those licks so that after next week when you are really comfortable with the different note groupings that we can start going to town on those licks with the Kaz-Box and get them up to facemelting speed. laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 08:07 AM