3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Lcsdds Mtp Phrygian Serial, Post Questions and Takes Here!!
Outlaw2112
Mar 8 2009, 02:55 PM
GMC:er
hey my phrygian brothers,

check this out

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 8 2009, 04:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 8 2009, 02:55 PM) *
hey my phrygian brothers,

check this out

Dave does some cool web lessons. I think he did one on every mode if I am not mistaken. Good find John. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 8 2009, 04:27 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 8 2009, 04:25 PM) *
Dave does some cool web lessons. I think he did one on every mode if I am not mistaken. Good find John. smile.gif

yeah he has one for every mode...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 11 2009, 04:50 AM
I sat on the phone with logitech suport for over an hour trying to work through
the static i was getting on my webcam.. I made this tonight messing with the sound levels
and just wanted to test it out... I figured i would show it to you to see my timing, i wasnt properly
warmed up when i made this, not making excuses but just letting you know..

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 11 2009, 09:12 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Monte, I'm gonna upload this one soon, I just need some more time on the outro lick at the 15th and 11th fret. It's very anoying xD

cya btw, nice guitar outlaw!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 11:11 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 11 2009, 09:12 AM) *
Hey Monte, I'm gonna upload this one soon, I just need some more time on the outro lick at the 15th and 11th fret. It's very anoying xD

cya btw, nice guitar outlaw!

No Problem Kaz.....Pay attention to your pick direction on these licks. Should help. smile.gif

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 11 2009, 04:50 AM) *
I sat on the phone with logitech suport for over an hour trying to work through
the static i was getting on my webcam.. I made this tonight messing with the sound levels
and just wanted to test it out... I figured i would show it to you to see my timing, i wasnt properly
warmed up when i made this, not making excuses but just letting you know..

Timing was definitely better John. I would still Isolate the last two licks and work on it with the Kaz-Box. You seem to rush this part a little. I think just you and the Kaz-box and focusing on where the beat falls would really help. Don't be afraid to slow it WAY down. You'll be surprised how hard it can be to play on a slow tempo. Give it a shot!! smile.gif

How is your sweeping coming?

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 11 2009, 12:43 PM
Ill post something tonight on sweeping, triads and my kazbox struggles. How was the sound on that
last upload.. Sounded like the bass was too heavy, i need to mess with speaker placement

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 12:53 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 11 2009, 12:43 PM) *
Ill post something tonight on sweeping, triads and my kazbox struggles. How was the sound on that
last upload.. Sounded like the bass was too heavy, i need to mess with speaker placement

It sounded better than last time and I think it was fine for our purposes. I'd really like to see a video of you playing that last lick at like 50 bpm. I want to see how you handle the really slow settings. If you dial into that I think after a week or so you will really notice a difference in your timing.

I know it has helped Dan's timing a lot to slow it way down.....at least it seems to have helped. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 11 2009, 01:00 PM
I dont know how i would even slow that down.. Im just playing off of feeling on this.. Im not counting or
any of that, im just listening to the backing track and playing where the notes feel like they are suposed to
fall... A video on playing it with the metronome both in time and slowed down would help out alot... I learn
alot more watching someone doing something and explaining it then reading about it.. I tend to get bored reading
after about the first sentence or two.. not a reading fan here smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 11 2009, 01:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 11 2009, 08:00 AM) *
I dont know how i would even slow that down.. Im just playing off of feeling on this.. Im not counting or
any of that, im just listening to the backing track and playing where the notes feel like they are suposed to
fall... A video on playing it with the metronome both in time and slowed down would help out alot... I learn
alot more watching someone doing something and explaining it then reading about it.. I tend to get bored reading
after about the first sentence or two.. not a reading fan here smile.gif

I would just work on the kaz box for a week and getting down counting your notes per beat.

Then you will see how to apply this too those last licks.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 11 2009, 03:11 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 11 2009, 01:03 PM) *
I would just work on the kaz box for a week and getting down counting your notes per beat.

Then you will see how to apply this too those last licks.

That is what I would reccomend too John. Those last licks are straight 16th notes....4 notes per beat....break it into licks and do the Kazbox routine. I'll see if I can't make a video for you showing you how to count it. I'll try and do it tonight for you and you can see what I mean.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 12 2009, 04:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
can anyone pls upload the bT

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 12 2009, 04:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 12 2009, 04:06 PM) *
can anyone pls upload the bT

I keep forgetting Kaz.....I'll do it first thing when I get home if somebody hasn't done it already. smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 12 2009, 05:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I already got it, so no need tongue.gif mixing now...

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 12 2009, 05:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 12 2009, 05:03 PM) *
I already got it, so no need tongue.gif mixing now...

Cool Kaz!....Are you gonna do a video or just mp3?

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 12 2009, 06:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker

Does that awnser your question? tongue.gif

The video isn't the same take as the audio, but the difference is very small. I did a little screw up in the videotake, and also a little screw up in this one, but I thought this one was better. Hope you like it wink.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Mar 12 2009, 06:35 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 12 2009, 08:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 12 2009, 06:33 PM) *

Does that awnser your question? tongue.gif

The video isn't the same take as the audio, but the difference is very small. I did a little screw up in the videotake, and also a little screw up in this one, but I thought this one was better. Hope you like it wink.gif

Looked and sounded good Kaz!! You could clean up the last section a little but over all it was very nice. smile.gif You up for giving the Lydian intermediate a shot? Dan and I are both gonna start working on it. I hope John will as well when he gets the timing for this lesson worked out. Good job dude! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 19 2009, 03:44 AM
I would like to know how this intermediate phrygian soloing lesson is only rated a 6.. might take me some time to get this up to yoda muris speed... laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 19 2009, 03:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 19 2009, 03:44 AM) *
I would like to know how this intermediate phrygian soloing lesson is only rated a 6.. might take me some time to get this up to yoda muris speed... laugh.gif

I thought the same thing about the lydian lesson John!! laugh.gif I have been working on the advanced lydian and intermediate and here is my reasoning on the the different level ratings.

In the Lydian intermediate there are basically 2 difficult techniques going on: Fast legato and fast AP.

In the Lydian intermediate there are Sweep tap arpeggios, fast AP with string skipping, hybrid picking, fast legato.

I think it is the amount of different techniques.

Let me know if you want any help with the phrasing on it John. I can make you a video going over the tab and how to count it if you would like. I would send it to you via skype though. Youtube kills the quality of the video. I'm gonna tear into this lesson next week so I will be able to help you with it a little more then, but I would be happy to go over the GP file if you need it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 19 2009, 02:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 12 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Looked and sounded good Kaz!! You could clean up the last section a little but over all it was very nice. smile.gif You up for giving the Lydian intermediate a shot? Dan and I are both gonna start working on it. I hope John will as well when he gets the timing for this lesson worked out. Good job dude! smile.gif

sorry for the late reply, I'm doing Lydian beginner first. That's not very hard should be able to film it this week. Maybe tonight...

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:49 AM