2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmc Hd Testing, We need your feedback!
How Well Did the GMC Sample Work for you?
How was the quality in full screen mode?
Awesome! [ 17 ] ** [58.62%]
Slightly Improved [ 11 ] ** [37.93%]
I noticed no difference [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
It looked worse [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
How was the download speed?
Really quick, no difference to normal lessons [ 12 ] ** [41.38%]
A little slower but not a problem [ 12 ] ** [41.38%]
Definitely slower, a little annoying [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Unusably slow [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
When the video started streaming, how did your computer handle it?
Fast and fluid [ 25 ] ** [86.21%]
Occasional stutters [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Unplayable [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Bearing in mind that HD would be replacing High mode, what will you do if it becomes available?
I will use it for sure [ 16 ] ** [55.17%]
I might use it [ 6 ] ** [20.69%]
This will force me to move down to medium quality so my experience will be worse [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
I don't currently use high quality [ 4 ] ** [13.79%]
Overall, do you think this is a positive new feature for GMC?
Heck yeah! [ 19 ] ** [65.52%]
Meh ... [ 10 ] ** [34.48%]
No way! [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 29
Guests cannot vote 
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 4 2011, 04:54 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Hi GMC!

As part of our continuous improvement policy we are currently looking into providing selected GMC lessons in High Definition - if we go ahead with this, videos will be playable on the site in full 720p resolution!

The last time we did a format update, some of you may remember that we had problems with some members not being able to use it, and we had to make some rapid fixes to keep everyone happy. This time around we'd like to ask you all how you feel about the proposed upgrade, and more importantly give you a chance to test it before we go live so we can hopefully find any problems ahead of time!

Since most of our instructors do not yet have HD cameras, we will be planning on releasing a subset of lessons in HD. The player will remain the same, and in fact initially the videos will look the same when they first load, however we expect everyone to see a quality increase when using the fullscreen mode of the player.

Another important point is that we are proposing that the HD videos will REPLACE the current high quality mode, meaning that in a few cases, people currently comfortable using High might not be able to handle HD and will be forced to use Medium quality which would actually be a step down for them - this is something we particularly want to test before we go ahead.

HD videos are of course larger, so we would expect slower loading times. They are also more demanding on the computers CPU, so in some cases, older machines may not be able to cope. Again, this is something we want feedback on so we know if this will really be an improvement for our users!

So, please, check out this sample HD lesson and fill in the poll to let us know how it works for you. Also, we are very happy to take any comments in this thread about your overall experience.

Please remember that if you don't already use high mode you won't see any difference at all - high mode must be selected to get the benefits of HD!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Steve-...r-Modern-Style/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 4 2011, 05:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Just tried it, and I think its too much for my laptop. The sound plays, but the screen freezes.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Jan 4 2011, 05:37 PM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
Works great here. Nice lesson by the way smile.gif

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jan 4 2011, 05:40 PM
Instructor
it works awesome here!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DidrikA
Jan 4 2011, 05:40 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
It works great here too! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 4 2011, 05:59 PM
GMC:er
Yeah, works fine.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2011, 06:00 PM
Instructor
It works ok for me as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fre
Jan 4 2011, 07:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
It works smile.gif

This post has been edited by Fre: Jan 4 2011, 07:04 PM

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 4 2011, 07:13 PM
Instructor
it plays just fine here!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 4 2011, 07:34 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Works fine, just the way it should.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jan 4 2011, 07:42 PM
Learning Roadie
It Sometimes slows down the Video ( the audio remains normal) I think It would be an improvement if you could mantain the 3 qualitys that are already at the videos and then and this one has a 4th option (instead of making people who now watch at High be forced to see w/ less defenition at medium ..)

Just my 2 Cents..

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 4 2011, 08:43 PM
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Jan 4 2011, 01:42 PM) *
It Sometimes slows down the Video ( the audio remains normal) I think It would be an improvement if you could mantain the 3 qualitys that are already at the videos and then and this one has a 4th option (instead of making people who now watch at High be forced to see w/ less defenition at medium ..)

Right - that makes perfect sense but requires time and development. If we can use the player as it is we can launch immediately, that is the thinking behind the replacement of High Quality mode.

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Lester
Jan 4 2011, 08:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Looks pretty nice and all seems to work fine here!

+Quote Post
Sean_1234
Jan 4 2011, 09:55 PM
GMC:er
It all works fine here. For me, the old high quality was already high enough smile.gif This is an improvement, but not huge for me at least smile.gif Some people care more about visual quality then me. For me it's important that I can see the finger movement clear, and the current HQ works just fine for that smile.gif

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 4 2011, 09:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great. No problems

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2011, 03:28 AM
Instructor
I would say the HD quality option is great option to have, but in parallel with current options. Since I'm not aware how much this could increase development time, I cannot make any further statements on this.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 6 2011, 11:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think this is a great feature. I'm used to using medium quality (due to my internet connection speed) and this new HD loads pretty much as fast as regular high quality. My (rather old) PC handles it well and there are no playback issues and picture is great on full screen. I think the best option in the end would be to have HD button like youtube and other services. Hopefully people that use high quality mode already have fast internet connection and computer so they won't need to downgrade.

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 6 2011, 11:36 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 7 2011, 03:58 AM
Learning Roadie
This is a vast improvement. However, I have a slower connection - even on DSL. The download time was creeping slow. However, when it loaded, it played just fine. However, I don't use high quality anyway. I use the lowest quality possible so I can view the video right away. It's not really that bad quality in the low quality option. This wouldn't affect me if you when for HD, apparently. So it's a fine improvement for me. smile.gif I usually use my ear and tabs. But I can even see the video fine in the really old videos.
Ian Bushell (quality option doesn't exist. laugh.gif in this case i would use my ear and the tabs.)
Trond Vold (i can settle for the low quality option. I would even use the medium option too.)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 9 2011, 07:56 PM
Bump! We'd like as many opinions as possible before we launch!

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 9 2011, 08:10 PM
Instructor
It looked brilliant to me ! Only bummer is I watched mine on full screen mode afterwards and cringed !!! sad.gif

Loading time was a bit longer I guess but playback was fine. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:11 PM