Beginner Bushido Task 10
Ben Higgins
Mar 29 2012, 11:30 AM
Instructor
Hail, warriors of the Beginner class... what awaits you is a test of might and courage for it is a lick of doom created by the Sensei himself !

Task 10 : Attached File  Bushido_Beginner_Task_10.gp5 ( 2.96K ) Number of downloads: 113

Attached Image

Attached File  Bushido_Beginner_Task_10.mp3 ( 471.69K ) Number of downloads: 147

For those who don't have Guitar Pro I've even recorded an mp3 for you ! smile.gif

It's a triplet lick that uses pull offs to an open E string. Just pick the first note of every 3 as it's enough to keep the sustain and tone happening and also because this is a fretting hand thing wink.gif

It ascends using the A minor scale so you'll already be familiar with the fret sequences involved with your previous Task that used 3 note per string shapes.

This is a great type of lick that you can fit into solos and use with any scale ! Enjoy !

Deadline next Thursday 5th April

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 29 2012, 10:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
cool biggrin.gif

I might actually have a shot at getting this bad boy half ways decent!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
zoom
Mar 30 2012, 11:39 AM
Learning Roadie
Bring on the legato! Good stuff Ben. You find the weakness and bang you make us squirm. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 30 2012, 11:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Mar 30 2012, 10:39 AM) *
Bring on the legato! Good stuff Ben. You find the weakness and bang you make us squirm. smile.gif

Haha ! I consider it my duty and don't enjoy it at all.............

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 29 2012, 09:55 PM) *
cool biggrin.gif

I might actually have a shot at getting this bad boy half ways decent!

Everything I do.... I do it for you...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 30 2012, 01:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 30 2012, 11:53 AM) *
Everything I do.... I do it for you...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

LMAO!

damn, now I have a bryan adams song stuck in my head......... ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 30 2012, 01:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 30 2012, 12:01 PM) *
LMAO!

damn, now I have a bryan adams song stuck in my head......... ohmy.gif

Sorry man, that was an evil thing to do wasn't it ?

I very nearly put up the video so count yourself lucky... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
zoom
Apr 5 2012, 09:40 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Mr Ben - I've done 3 takes on this lick. Hard to get really nice and even.

http://soundcloud.com/zoomify/legato-1a
50 bpm

http://soundcloud.com/zoomify/legato-1b
60 bpm

http://soundcloud.com/zoomify/legato-1c
70 bpm

+Quote Post
Olivier777
Apr 5 2012, 11:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Nice takes zoom wink.gif
I haven't been able to post a decent take of this week's task as I am still struggling at 40bpm... and I am also working on task 9 at the same time so I am a bit late for everything...

+Quote Post
zoom
Apr 5 2012, 01:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Cheers Olivier!

I struggle with these last 2 task also, although I noted Ben mention Gain settings to Bleez and so I turned my gain up and it has helped heaps.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 5 2012, 01:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zoom @ Apr 5 2012, 08:40 AM) *
Hi Mr Ben - I've done 3 takes on this lick. Hard to get really nice and even.

http://soundcloud.com/zoomify/legato-1a
50 bpm

http://soundcloud.com/zoomify/legato-1b
60 bpm

http://soundcloud.com/zoomify/legato-1c
70 bpm

Well done Zoom-Meister !

Yes, the timing is the difficult thing isn't it ? Aside from the issue of stamina, timing is really what challenges the tiny finger muscles because you've got to stop them plonking themselves down on the frets without control so that causes resistance in itself, working the muscles. smile.gif

This would be a good lick for all of you to steal and quietly work on it in your own practise routines !

I shall be back with more challenges ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 5 2012, 10:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
'sup sensei smile.gif
I think my metronome keeps going out of time............ huh.gif or I have it set on 'shuffle bpm'!

here's my efforts, not spot on but way closer than last week biggrin.gif It really is quite tough to get in the groove and nail the timing.

70BPM
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/task10-70bpm

80BPM
http://soundcloud.com/bleez666/task10-80bpm

Its a really cool lick to work on though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 6 2012, 09:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 5 2012, 10:54 PM) *
I think my metronome keeps going out of time............

Maybe you've got a realistic metronome, designed to emulate a real drummer...?????

biggrin.gif

On to The Task - this is solid as an American pickup truck... respect !! biggrin.gif

Guess it must be all them porridge oats and caber tossing.... (stereotype mode over) wink.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 6 2012, 12:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 6 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Maybe you've got a realistic metronome, designed to emulate a real drummer...?????

LOL! that must be it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 6 2012, 09:13 AM) *
On to The Task - this is solid as an American pickup truck... respect !! biggrin.gif

Guess it must be all them porridge oats and caber tossing.... (stereotype mode over)

thanks guv. I may need to increase my porridge intake for the next task biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MossRoller
Apr 26 2012, 03:48 AM
GMC:er
Hello Ben,
Here's my takes at 80, 90 and 100 bpm.
This lesson required less stamina than the last task, and didn't get my left hand tired so fast.
Just looked at the next task and I see that's going to change (poor poor pinkie).
I look forward to it though. I feel as though my left hand has already improved in strength and control.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 26 2012, 08:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MossRoller @ Apr 26 2012, 03:48 AM) *
Hello Ben,
Here's my takes at 80, 90 and 100 bpm.
This lesson required less stamina than the last task, and didn't get my left hand tired so fast.
Just looked at the next task and I see that's going to change (poor poor pinkie).
I look forward to it though. I feel as though my left hand has already improved in strength and control.

Greetings, noble one ! Wow, that is one shiny guitar cool.gif

OK, you've got the geenral technique down but you need to watch the timing here as it's sounding slightly rushed. What I think could be happening is that you're pulling off from the little finger to the index finger a little too early. We're talking fractions of seconds but it makes a difference because it throws the rest of the lick in front of the beat a bit. What you could do to reinforce the sound and duration of the first note in your head is to just play that one note along with the beat a few times, without playing the rest. After you've done that a few times then play the whole lick maintaing the perfect note duration of that first note smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:16 PM