Amazing Contest!, Win an endorsement deal
JD_
Sep 3 2011, 12:03 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Guys, I thought i would share this contest with you all. If u don't know who Rob Chapman is, he is worth checking out. He has a massive following on youtube, and has worked with the likes of Yngwie Malmsteen.

There are amazing guitarists on this website.....And the instructors all have amazing talent.
All you have to do is make up a solo to a backing track and send it in.
Backing Track made by the awesome David Walliman....

check this out

*I have nothing to promote, except a hope that a GMC member or instructor will win it..... wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Sep 3 2011, 12:10 AM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 3 2011, 12:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, I saw this earlier today. Too bad I know it wouldn't be me. Too much of a newbie. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 3 2011, 01:04 AM
Learning Roadie
Yea mate it is certainly above my level of ability, I can only imagine the talent of guitarists worldwide that will be entering this.

However, there is so much talent here on GMC, I believe someone on this site can win it. If you have a band and are trying to break out, imagine the possibilities of what winning this would do for your band?

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 3 2011, 05:03 AM
Instructor
hey that's a great contest, i think im going to participate, i would love to be listened by eddie kramer, that would be like winning to me.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 3 2011, 07:59 AM
Learning Roadie
That's it Adrian, thats why i posted it, GMC has a mass of talent, surely some of the instructors and senior members could place in the top entries.
Yes they are looking for a great guitarist, but they aren't looking for shredder that can play at a crazy speed, they already have that.

You (Anybody) has everything to gain and nothing to lose by entering. And all 3 judges give the top 5 entries a detailed critisim and points.

Go for it mate, love to see how you go!

Cheers

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 7 2011, 06:02 PM
Instructor
Thanx for sharing Jax, I wouldn't know about this if it wasn't for you and GMC.

I'll give it a go, and as Adrian says, being heard by Mr. Kramer is a win situation already!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Sep 7 2011, 07:31 PM
Learning Tone Master
Does anyone know if you can win the first prize, but say no to the endorsment deal and take the guitar?
I mean, not everyone want's to undergo a contract with a guys company thats just famous (well, not even famous) on youtube tongue.gif but being heard by those guys, and the guitar is a great prize in itself. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Sep 7 2011, 07:34 PM

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 7 2011, 10:15 PM
Instructor
Wow, great backing ,thanks for share wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 7 2011, 10:39 PM
Instructor
Great competition! I've never entered to a guitar contest... I've never found time to do it but I'll try with this one! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 8 2011, 01:00 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Sep 7 2011, 05:02 PM) *
Thanx for sharing Jax, I wouldn't know about this if it wasn't for you and GMC.

I'll give it a go, and as Adrian says, being heard by Mr. Kramer is a win situation already!

Your welcome mate!
I wanted all the instructors to know about it since you guys are pretty dam good guitarists......I hope one of you win it or get in the top 5.
Imagine the attention wining this contest would bring? Exposure and promotion would be worldwide....Your life would never be the same again....Awesome..

Good Luck cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 8 2011, 01:59 AM
GMC:er
Great contest! I'd like to see more contest sharing and big waves of GMC instructors/students on the entry list. It's a great idea to enter even if you don't think you can win. It provides others a chance to connect with you and hear your playing. The social components are well worth the effort not to mention additional practice making a solo wink.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Sep 8 2011, 05:56 AM
Instructor
but in my humble opinion the weak part is the backing track, it's made by our buddy david walliman, but i think it's TOO basic, simple and a bit boring for a competition with eddie kramer watching.. the guy made the drum sound for "when the levee breaks" and the guitar sounds for JIMI HENDRIX and JIMMY PAGE.

i think the contest deserves a much better sounding track.

my first rant over GMC biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:44 PM