Sharknado!
Todd Simpson
Aug 2 2014, 06:59 AM
GMC:er
The glamorous world of movies smile.gif The latest sequel to SHARKNADO was edited using ADOBE PREMIERE. Here is a picture of the edit bay where the guy cut it together. While it's true that this movie will NOT be winning any awards, or making wads of money, it's a great example of the democratization of technology we are always talking about smile.gif I've seen several home studios that were better equipped than this one and he's editing feature films! smile.gif Just goes to show you can do a lot with not much smile.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mith
Aug 2 2014, 07:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
See this is what I think is awesome. Is it a Hollywood block buster, is it going to have the finest audio ever No. But people are going to watch it and people are going to enjoy it and thats what its all about.

As a musician your biggest tools are your ears. If you learn to use them and learn how to use the equipment you have you can make production ready music. This is my opinion.

Some of the best songs you have ever listened too (and movies) were done with less equipment than most small home studios have

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 2 2014, 07:53 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I have watched it (both Sharknados, the second one just yesterday) and I had a blast!
Were the special FX anywhere close to the huge blockbusters? Of course not! Did I enjoy the movie? Of course I did!

I also agree with Mith.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 3 2014, 02:56 AM
I"m with both of you!! I watched SHARKNADO 2 AGAIN today!! smile.gif Was just as fun the second time. I think it might become like ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW where they show it at Midnight and folks dress up like characters from the movie smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 2 2014, 02:53 AM) *
I have watched it (both Sharknados, the second one just yesterday) and I had a blast!
Were the special FX anywhere close to the huge blockbusters? Of course not! Did I enjoy the movie? Of course I did!

I also agree with Mith.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 5 2014, 06:18 PM
Like 'indie' home made records that sell - which have been done since the 40s, 'Hollywood' movies (a very very broad moniker - especially the horror type - have been made on the super cheap for decades. Music obviously included.

Check out Herschell Gordon Lewis (Blood Feast, 1963) or the early John Waters movies (Pink Flamingos, 1972). The music was done either by them or their friends in garage studios (mono on a Revox machine - if even that). Their films have major cult status at this point. They've even become stylistically and historically significant w/in the genre(s).
H.G. Lewis played trombone and organ - and that's what most of his soundtracks consist of.

Music for a film is one of, if not the least budgeted for (catering will cost far more most of the time). Generally .05% of total budget. *Percentage wise on average, vid games allocate more for music - around 2%. Cheap movie - super cheap snd trk (not a comment on the quality).
Most TV has been done 'at home' or small studios since the advent of ADAT (mid '92 - I remember vividly).

*This weekend I watched Skarktopus v Pteracuda (Roger Corman) in my hotel room.
Did it suck? Of course.
Was I glued to the TV set? Hell yeah!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Aug 6 2014, 04:04 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 08:04 AM