Cowboys From Hell By Pantera
Azzaboi
May 24 2009, 12:04 AM
GMC:er
Cowboys From Hell By Pantera

Currently learning some of Dimebags Darrell's riffing madness with a double DVD video lessons of Pantera Album, I was given as a gift.

Thanks to Lian Gerbino, I've got the tone preset for my Line 6 Pod XT, which rocks:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=17827

and also been practicing Pantera Style lessons:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/panter...le-part-1-of-3/

Unfortunity, my DVD doesn't come with tabs and I have to try remember it all. Searching online for tabs so far all seem different than the version I've got? Playing around the 7th string, when on the DVD it goes up to the 15th string. What is the best way to write out these tabs or find some which are like it?

First problem I'm having is with the holding of the pick and it floats around a bit while playing. I've noticed I hold it rather loose while the player in the DVD tucks his index finger in a lot more and anchors his pinkie to the base of the guitar. What's the best position and angle for the pick while palm muting? I need to alternate pick over two string power cords and having some trouble with that. Are you spos to play with just the fingers or the wrist or both? I also need to build up my speed.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: May 24 2009, 12:08 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Azzaboi
May 27 2009, 02:22 AM
GMC:er
I'm getting to grips with the song, however the solo is quite fast for me. So far just playing at a slowed down tempo.

Well I know there's no wrong or right way in holding the pick, but I think it's better. I'm gonna try change the way I was previously which was rather loose. I want to get the finger more up on the pick so I just use the tip. The less pick, the better as speed picking is all about economy, right? Also try cut down on some of my wasted motion, to play with more speed and accuracy.

Any tips on finger stretches for the solo?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:28 AM