Guitar With Thin Neck
Frankster
Apr 30 2012, 03:29 PM
GMC:er
Hi!

I´ve played
- Yamaha Pacifica 112 (Nut: 41 mm)
- Gibson Les Paul Studio (Nut: 42,8mm)
- Fender American Strat Deluxe 2011 (Nut: 42,8mm)

But yesterday I´ve played a Music Man USA Silhouette Special HSS (BFR Ball Family Reserve Roasted Neck Special Edition)
I fall in love with this neck (Nut: 42 mm, compensated).

I play a lot with my thumb and the Gibson and the Fender are a litte bit to wide for me.

The music I play
- Blues
- Rock
- Pop
- Funk

The problem is, that the Music Man is to expensive (2.400 EUR).
So my question is, is there a simily guitar with this kind of neck.
The neck should have a C-Shape. I dont like the Ibanez kind of metal shape. I´m not a shredder or metal player wink.gif

Many Thanks
Frankster

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2012, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Ibanez and Jackson has the thinner necks. Have you checked the Ibanez Art? The shape is similar to Les Paul guitars so it's not only a shred guitar.

Check it out:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page12...mp;series_id=80

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Apr 30 2012, 06:26 PM

ESP LTD EC-1000 DELUXE , Best Guitar with thinner neck , and also not expensive!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 1 2012, 04:52 AM
There is a smaller/boutique vendor called MINARIK That makes the Les Paul shape guitar that I have in my collection that has a neck close to what you are talking about. It's a modified C shape like a traditional less paul, but a bit thinner. The model is called the LOTUS and they are very reasonable on price.
Here is a pic.
Attached Image
Also, as was mentioned do look at the Ibanez Artist series. Also, maybe try some SHECTER guitars as they sort of blur the line between moder and classic necks.

Todd

QUOTE (Frankster @ Apr 30 2012, 10:29 AM) *
Hi!

I´ve played
- Yamaha Pacifica 112 (Nut: 41 mm)
- Gibson Les Paul Studio (Nut: 42,8mm)
- Fender American Strat Deluxe 2011 (Nut: 42,8mm)

But yesterday I´ve played a Music Man USA Silhouette Special HSS (BFR Ball Family Reserve Roasted Neck Special Edition)
I fall in love with this neck (Nut: 42 mm, compensated).

I play a lot with my thumb and the Gibson and the Fender are a litte bit to wide for me.

The music I play
- Blues
- Rock
- Pop
- Funk

The problem is, that the Music Man is to expensive (2.400 EUR).
So my question is, is there a simily guitar with this kind of neck.
The neck should have a C-Shape. I dont like the Ibanez kind of metal shape. I´m not a shredder or metal player wink.gif

Many Thanks
Frankster

+Quote Post
derper
May 2 2012, 12:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
I don't know the exact specs on my Parker Nitefly off the top of my head, but Parker guitars have a pretty thin neck that you may fall in love with. Great tone for any style. Pretty affordable, for the quality. Mine's a 97, so before they were bought out by the big guys in '04 I think.

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Frankster
May 2 2012, 09:48 AM
Hi!

Thanks for the guitars biggrin.gif

@derper
The look of the Parker Nitefly guitar isn´t very beautiful for me, but I will test it

@Todd Simpson
I haven't found an austrian or german dealer
But I will look further

@Slavenko Erazer
I will test it, maybe with Seymour Duncan

@Gabriel Leopardi
I tested a Ibanez, I dont know the model, but this guitar had a U-shape I think.
But i will test your guitar

Thanks
Frankster

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 2 2012, 04:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Apr 30 2012, 02:26 PM) *
ESP LTD EC-1000 DELUXE , Best Guitar with thinner neck , and also not expensive!

I like these ones. I would get one because it has 24 frets. My two guitars only have 22, so I can't play some Petrucci's and Loureiro's stuff because of it!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
May 8 2012, 11:57 AM
Hagstrom guitars are supposed to have the thinest necks available due to their patented truss rod design, their vintage guitars look cool as.

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:28 AM