> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
El Hombre's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2012, 07:43 AM
Instructor
Hi ElHombre!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not really just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Dec 28 2012, 08:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I will post some material
First I wonder if its possible for you to help me where I left off with Alex, fusion practice smile.gif
I know you are more of a rocker but maybe you know a lot about fusion

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2012, 06:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Dec 28 2012, 04:19 PM) *
Yes I will post some material
First I wonder if its possible for you to help me where I left off with Alex, fusion practice smile.gif
I know you are more of a rocker but maybe you know a lot about fusion

Hi mate! I'm not very into Fusion but maybe I can help you with that too... what things have you learnt with Alex?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Dec 31 2012, 01:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
we were working on playing in changes, I trained on the backingtrack, sunny, very cool track.
Well playing chord tones over certain chords and/or pentatonics.

Well that I think you might help me with, knowing what pentatonics you can play over certain progressions.
Cheers & happy new year

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2012, 08:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Dec 31 2012, 09:54 AM) *
we were working on playing in changes, I trained on the backingtrack, sunny, very cool track.
Well playing chord tones over certain chords and/or pentatonics.

Well that I think you might help me with, knowing what pentatonic you can play over certain progressions.
Cheers & happy new year

yes, knowing the pentatonic scales and also the arpeggios can really work. Pentatonic scales are the first step, then arpeggios. Two things...
please tell me which are your favourite bands/musicians, and secondly, do you have some backing tracks in mind for start working on improvisation?

Some other questions... what scales do you know? do you know triads and arpeggios? what about the CAGED system?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 3 2013, 10:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Gab yes I am familiar with all those things except the CAGED system.
Well when playing in changes, for example rock shuffle I think its easy to switch pentatonic scales while improvising.
But when we come to more diffuclt tracks and u need to play certain chord tones over chord changes I think its hard to do while improvising.
We could keep working on the sunny track, Alex analyzed it for me I will post it here

some guitar players i like: greg howe, tom quayle, damjan, marco sfogli andy timmons, steve lutakher.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2013, 10:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 3 2013, 06:22 PM) *
Hi Gab yes I am familiar with all those things except the CAGED system.
Well when playing in changes, for example rock shuffle I think its easy to switch pentatonic scales while improvising.
But when we come to more diffuclt tracks and u need to play certain chord tones over chord changes I think its hard to do while improvising.
We could keep working on the sunny track, Alex analyzed it for me I will post it here

some guitar players i like: greg howe, tom quayle, damjan, marco sfogli andy timmons, steve lutakher.

Ok! Please let me know if you know the things that you will find in the following rar file in major and minor modes..

Attached File  Improvisation_Course.zip ( 2.61K ) Number of downloads: 174

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 13 2013, 12:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
yes i know these things Gab.
Also im back now and have lots of time to play smile.gif

Well just one question, in the "a minor chords" file, u had 5 different A minor shapes.
Is that all the CAGED shapes in there

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 13 2013, 09:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 13 2013, 08:18 AM) *
yes i know these things Gab.
Also im back now and have lots of time to play smile.gif

Well just one question, in the "a minor chords" file, u had 5 different A minor shapes.
Is that all the CAGED shapes in there

Exactly! You have 5 different shapes, the C shape, A shape, G shape, E shape and D shape. The original shapes are major but you can get minor and dominant chords just chabging one or two notes. These shapes are very usefull to understand the whole fretboard, and to be able to find chords, triads, arpeggios and even scales everywhere and in every key.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 17 2013, 02:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Gab, here is some things i gathered from alex Thread:

So I think A-7 means minor in this case
Let's look at the chords:

Ami7, Gmi7/C7, Fmaj7, Bm7/E7 (repeat this part one time)

Am7, Gm7/C7, Fmaj7, Bb7

B-7b5, E7#9, Am7, E7#9

Let's look at the first part and analyze it!

Ami7, Gmi7/C7, Fmaj7, Bm7/E7
The first four chords in the key of F
But when you are getting Bmi7 and E7 you are getting into A
I would like you to write out all possible options that you think might work over the first part!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's start with simple pentatonics!
Ami7, Gmi7/C7, Fmaj7, Bm7/E7

Over Ami7 - Gmi7 - C7 - Fmaj7
I want you to play G minor pentatonic

Over Bm7 - E7
F# minor or A major

This was alex analyze of greg howe backing track "sunny"
These are the chords. And over the progressions you play different pentatonics or chord tones.

Now, what I want to learn first would be.

What pentatnoics work over which chords and progressions?
What chord tones do we play over certain progressions.

Thats hard I think. In my songs, I mostly play and arpeggio or chord tones over one chord, thats easy, but when doing it over progressions I dont know what will work just like that!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 19 2013, 03:02 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, this is very interesting. The easier way would be to follow the chord playing the arpeggios of each one, this would mean that you play the chord tones of each chord at the moment that it sounds in the progression. And you can connect them using notes from the pentatonic scale of Am, Gm or F.

Ami7 - Gmi7 - C7 - Fmaj7
This section is in F major key, so you can jam using F major over the whole backing but staying on the chord notes of each chord. At the same time, you could visualize a mode over each chord, but this would be more difficult.

So, this was your question:

What pentatonic work over which chords and progressions?
What chord tones do we play over certain progressions.

The first thing that you must do to know which scales can be used is to know which is the key of the backing. Could you please post here some chord progressions that you would like to analyse?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 25 2013, 11:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gab, the key is in A minor
I attatched the track in the post.

I dont have any tracks with progressions I can think of analyzing? Do you mean for practice?

Well we can start with this one, then you can give me a few tracks to analyze after we worked on this

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Greg_Howe___sunny___backing_track.mp3 ( 2.75MB ) Number of downloads: 158

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2013, 10:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 25 2013, 07:43 AM) *
Hey Gab, the key is in A minor
I attatched the track in the post.

I dont have any tracks with progressions I can think of analyzing? Do you mean for practice?

Well we can start with this one, then you can give me a few tracks to analyze after we worked on this

Great backing! Do you have the chord progression written?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 26 2013, 04:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes Gab, its in the my post:
Ami7, Gmi7/C7, Fmaj7, Bm7/E7 (repeat this part one time)

Am7, Gm7/C7, Fmaj7, Bb7

B-7b5, E7#9, Am7, E7#9

Sorry, if forgot to tell you, this is the progression for sunnny biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 26 2013, 04:45 PM
Instructor
Ok, let's start with the first progression. At first choose one position, and try to follow each chord with its arpeggio. This will help you to be able to use different pentatonic scales, modes or even only one scale but always sound good over each chord. This scales/modes will be used only to connect the different chord notes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jan 31 2013, 02:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
" At first choose one position, and try to follow each chord with its arpeggio."
So shall I do this and show you as the first task?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 31 2013, 03:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jan 31 2013, 10:36 AM) *
" At first choose one position, and try to follow each chord with its arpeggio."
So shall I do this and show you as the first task?

Well, this is not an easy track to follow, since the best is to start just with pentatonic scales and less chord changes. I don't really know your current improvising level so if you can entry a take of you jamming over this one or any other simpler backing would be good! Is it possible?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 2 2013, 03:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
yes coming up. I have been dealing with my guitar the last days and now I managed to set it up good on my own smile.gif finally..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2013, 06:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 2 2013, 11:54 AM) *
yes coming up. I have been dealing with my guitar the last days and now I managed to set it up good on my own smile.gif finally..

Great! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 18 2013, 07:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gab, Im back now and ready to get to pratice, im going to send you these videos soon.
here is my new song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ughKLJk1h2c...eature=youtu.be

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:32 AM