> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Nava's Practice Schedule
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 13 2013, 08:15 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This thread is to monitor your practice progress, give you feedback and to help you creating your routines for each week. Please tell me how is your current guitar routine?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nava
Oct 14 2013, 06:57 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel!
And let me just thank you for this oppurtunity smile.gif
I'll try my best to work hard according to ur advices!

So... My routine? To tell the truth, its more like what I feel or like to play at the moment. I have a little routine and that is to play Zsolts Modal Madness 1 (modal scales) AP training at least a couple of times before I start to play. And that has helped me a lot to know the scales. Maybe not so much speed training but to be familiar to the different scales.
Then I have practised Muris https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-thirds/

But the recent 3-4 days I have begin with ur: Intensive Technique Course Program and Todds "shred journey".
I have SO many lessons and I am very blurred in my mind wink.gif Cant decide WHAT to practise and its here I want you
to hopefully give me structure what to play and how to practise in a good way.
I'm working in some lessons that I want to finish. Or at least one and thats Piotr's Winter Tune. Hopefully I can upload it next weekend.
My wishes are, first of all some AP lessons and further on legato and some easy sweeping. And in between that some kind of lesson where I can "relax". A nice piece of a melody maybe smile.gif

But I will follow ur advice what ever they are cause I am sure that u will guide me to become a better player biggrin.gif
I'm all yours for now on!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2013, 01:52 AM
Instructor
Ok mate! Let's start with weekly routines. We will divide the time this week between technique exercises and gmc lessons and we will see how it works after a week.

HOUR 1:

Warming Up - 10 minutes

Start stretching your arms, hands and finger.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/
Attached File  Ex_1.pdf ( 56.52K ) Number of downloads: 130

AP training - 50 minutes

-Play the following patterns. At first just as the tabs say - 10 minutes
Attached File  3_Patterns.pdf ( 68.07K ) Number of downloads: 274

-Play the patterns doing 4 repetitions on each position of this scale (ascending and descending) - 20 minutes

- The same but using 3 notes per string scale shapes. (Ascending and descending) - 20 minutes

Use metronome or a drum loop. Rest a few minutes between exercises and relax your hand.

HOUR 2:

Legato training - 35 minutes

Attached File  Pattern.pdf ( 43.12K ) Number of downloads: 143
(5 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Legato-Workshop-1/ (this lesson has 3 patterns, dedicate 10 minutes to each)

Sweep Picking training - 20 minutes

This first week just practice each exercise isolated as a loop over metronome.

2 Strings Sweeps: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43083 (10 minutes)
3 Strings Sweeps: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43281 (10 Minutes)

Use metronome or a drum loop. Rest a few minutes between exercises and relax your hand.

HOUR 3:

Use this time more freely. Here are some ideas:

- Practice GMC musical songs (those that you've already learnt and also new ones)
- Practice songs
- Learn songs by ear
- Learn improvising concepts (Scales, Triads, Arpeggios, etc)
- Jam
- Compose ideas

This would be the first routine. Please check it out, and let me know what you think. We can do the modifications that you think appropriated, and we can also try it and then do the necessary changes to find the best routine for you.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nava
Oct 15 2013, 06:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Alright:)
I have come to the 50 min AP and I have done the 3 pattern for 10 min. All ok. But then I dont quite get it. The 2 "scale generator" picture u have put there, u write on the first one: -Play the patterns doing 4 repetitions on each position of this scale (ascending and descending) - 20 minutes.
And the notes u put there is to play is on high E. Should I just play as it shows like F G A B C D E on one string and then go back. And the same thing on B-string (same pattern). If so I just use 1 or 2 fingers at time..

The other picture are showing the A minor scale. And there I should pick 3 notes/string following the scale pattern for 20 min.
It might sound stupid but its better to ask at the beginning wink.gif

U have put 3 hour schedule. But if I only have like one hour, should hour nr 2 be taken on day 2 instead?

PS. Think I got it. I play the shapes doing FGA four times and then GAB four times and ABC and so on. Back and forth following the 3 patterns u shown earlier?

This post has been edited by Nava: Oct 15 2013, 07:10 PM

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 16 2013, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I'll upload a video in a moment with an example of how to practice those exercises.

Regarding the time, if you don't have 3 hours, if you have 2, you can do two things:

1. Just work on hours 1 an 2
2. Make each exercise last 2/3 of the time suggested.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 16 2013, 04:46 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This is the video that I recorded to show you the exercises. I am playing the first pattern. I start working on it horizontally in Am, and just show you how to play it in 2 strings, you can continue with the other ones.

Then I show the exercise vertically in 3 positions of Am, you can continue with the other positions and use other scales.

Please let me know if it's clear now.

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nava
Oct 17 2013, 07:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gab!

Yes, its crystal clear now:) I imagine it was something like that! I do all these patterns going through all the modal scales/shapes.
Like Aeolian, locrian, dorian and continue. Really great and the single string exercise I do the same with all the strings just following Aminor scale pattern. If its ok with you?

The sweep thing is a challenge to get the fingers and right hand sweeping syncronised tongue.gif
Just learning the shapes and will speed it up when I feel comfortable with the sweep thingy..
Its just what I need and I will work hard with this!

NOW, the legato!!
Fingers to hammer and pull off! Its ok when u do the first pattern in Juan Cortes "Legato Workshop". And even the second pattern (4) is doable but the third one (5) I cant get it at all. Its some picking in it and it just wont flow right..A very hard pattern. And I cant hammer and pull off with pinky and third finger (the finger right beside pinky) rolleyes.gif
I will just (for now) concentrate on trying to break that pattern in pieces and work my fingers step by step.
This legato excercise I must continue with a couple of weeks at last. And also the sweeping needs a lot of practise.
The one thing I can increase is the AP lessons. I am pretty familiar and comfortable with ur lesson and could use a little bit harder practise there.
But lets see after one week and that would be like Sunday/Monday?
Anyway, its working good here biggrin.gif

PS. I have a hard time doing 2 hours cause of work and stuff to do home but one hour 11/2 is ok. So I have to shorten the exercise time a bit.

This post has been edited by Nava: Oct 17 2013, 07:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 18 2013, 02:00 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for this update. Regarding AP exercises, that's exactly what I would recommend. You can both use this to practice technique and to practice new scales and modes. Even using a backing track could be a good idea. But be sure to increase the tempo once you feel comfortable.

You must be a patient guitarist/person if you want to master Sweep Picking technique, but once you do it, you will feel proud of you. There is one moment in which your fingers/hands understand the technique and you can make it fly, and then the technique converts into a trick to impress people of how fast you are.. tongue.gif

Regarding the legato exercises, I knew that Juan's lesson would give you some trouble since it's a very demanding lesson. He is a monster of legato technique and that's why I suggested to work on it.

It is ok if you practice less time but be sure of practice every day to make this type of routines effective. That's the way to go.

I'll be waiting for news! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nava
Oct 21 2013, 07:47 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gab!
Here is one little update!

Things working pretty nicely I must say. In the AP section I'm doin ok. I notice how sloppy I have been with the timing smile.gif But I have increase the tempo from 120 to 160 and it feels like a level I must train to be relaxed in.

The sweep thing also working better now. I have been practising ur lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...weeping-legato/ for 2 years. Not regulary but I come back to it now and then. And I am closer but not yet there..but it has helped me in these sweep patterns u want me to train. I go through the chords in C-Major using 2 and 3 string shapes. Like C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim. And as soon as I am familiar with the finger settings I will increase the tempo. Is that ok with u or have u other ideas??

And for the Legato wink.gif
Man...thats difficult! BUT!! I know how to play it now biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Especially the third one. It sounds blurry and not clean at all but at least I know how to play and I will practise this til I know it well!
The second part I go by how Juan plays and not by tabs cause it is not the same as he play. (Please check it up so that I'm not wrong).

So this summons the first week. Any suggestions? I be happy to continue another week with this set cause I feel I need it a bit more.
But I will follow ur advice smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2013, 04:11 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for this information. It seems that everything is working as I planned it! I see you motivated and working hard and that's our goal here! If we had all these improvements in 1 week, imagine what will happen in 1 year.

I wonder about the legato exercises, are you able to play them as a loop over metronome? The lesson includes the patterns, I know that it also has some extra improvisations by him but as Walter explains in the tutorial, the patterns are the important thing there.

If you are not being able to play the patterns as a loop, let's also add some exercise that let you train your left hand edurance:

Please add some exercises from this video, starting at 1:22

" I go through the chords in C-Major using 2 and 3 string shapes. Like C, Dm, Em, F, G, Am, Bdim. And as soon as I am familiar with the finger settings I will increase the tempo. Is that ok with u or have u other ideas??"

This sounds great. You can also use youtube backing tracks and follow different progressions with Sweep Picking Arpeggios.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nava
Oct 22 2013, 06:56 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Yeah, I'm happy to cause I making some progress!!
The sweep and the legato are getting the less time cause I dont have that much practise time. Unfortunately sad.gif
BUT!
Yes, I do play the patterns in legato in a drumloop. Its working fine except the difficult third lesson..thats a hard horse to tame biggrin.gif
But I'm getting there more and more and going to learn to use them all in the scales later on.

My main focus is still AP cause I need it so bad:)

I come back in a few days or so and give my thoughts smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2013, 01:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Oct 22 2013, 02:56 PM) *
Yeah, I'm happy to cause I making some progress!!
The sweep and the legato are getting the less time cause I dont have that much practise time. Unfortunately sad.gif
BUT!
Yes, I do play the patterns in legato in a drumloop. Its working fine except the difficult third lesson..thats a hard horse to tame biggrin.gif
But I'm getting there more and more and going to learn to use them all in the scales later on.

My main focus is still AP cause I need it so bad:)

I come back in a few days or so and give my thoughts smile.gif

Ok mate. Keep on the hard work. I'll be waiting for news. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nava
Oct 28 2013, 05:57 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Hey!
Well, a few words from the week..

I must say that I am pretty confident with all the patterns you have give to me smile.gif
My only problem is the third pattern in Juan's legato lesson. I know how to play and I play it in loop. The only thing is that its not sound so very clean! But I will work on it for sure rolleyes.gif
My main focus is still AP. But its fun to feel that I making progress.
I have noticed that in legato u must have strong fingers and pull the strings in a very solid way. And that has made my AP much better. And I think that I have to thank the legato lessons for that.
Maybe am I wrong?

So? Do u want me to continue with this and try to work on speed or do u want to lead me further in some other patterns or lessons?

Some days its boring to play the same over and over again, but I feel like its helping a lot and in the end its fun biggrin.gif
My fingers are longing for movement!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 29 2013, 02:46 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for the update! We must keep this routines changing to make your practice entertained so we can replace, change and delete those exercises or moments that you don't really enjoy. I just designed a new one that could be the update of the first one. Check it out and tell me what you think!

Nava's Routine 2

HOUR 1:

Warming Up - 10 minutes

Start stretching your arms, hands and finger.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Chord-...jor-7th-Chords/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funky-Minor-Chords/

AP training - 50 minutes

-Play the following patterns. At first just as the tabs say - Then as you did in week 1's routine. (20 minutes)

3 Patterns

- Pentatonic Exercises (Crossing Strings) (15 minutes)
Pentatonic Exercise 1
Pentatonic Exercise 2
Pentatonic Exercise 3

- AP lesson (15 minutes)
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/move_y...le_finger!/

HOUR 2:

Legato training - 35 minutes

Chromatic Training
(5 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Legato-Workshop-1/ (15 minutes)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato-stamina/ (15 minutes)

Sweep Picking training - 20 minutes

Practice each exercise isolated as a loop over metronome.

2 Strings Sweeps: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43083 (5 minutes)
3 Strings Sweeps: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=43281 (5 Minutes)

Learn this lesson:
Neoclassical Sweeping & Legato (10 minutes)

Rest a few minutes between exercises and relax your hand.

HOUR 3:

Use this time more freely. Here are some ideas:

- Practice GMC musical songs (those that you've already learnt and also new ones)
- Practice songs
- Learn songs by ear
- Learn improvising concepts (Scales, Triads, Arpeggios, etc)
- Jam
- Compose ideas

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 30 2013, 01:04 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nava
Oct 29 2013, 08:28 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel!
These new lessons u gave me are......... interesting smile.gif The AP first: 3 new patterns, YES! Awesume and my brain and fingers need to work together on these and I'm sure I'll be able to play them smoothly in a while/days.
The lesson from Piotr is a true challenge using shapes and patterns that are really hard but its a very beautiful piece:)
Am I suppose to learn the whole lesson? Its so beautiful and I will try that in a good tempo for me.

Legato: So great to see that u still want me to play Jose's lessons! I am not finished and satisfied with these yet and I want to learn all the way what he shows there.
Ian's lesson is HARD! Atleast what I have tried and how it looks biggrin.gif Am I suppose to learn the whole lessons here also or just the patterns?

About the sweeps then: The 2 and 3 string sweeps do not exists: We are sorry, but we could not find the page you are looking for.
And I know ur lesson Neoclassical Sweeping & Legato. I know it so well but havent managed it yet. But I will really work hard with it!

Anyway: I have only tried to be familiar with these lessons today and probably the next 2-3 days forward also. I will take them down in sections and work with each of them very concentrated.
Guess I need 2-3 weeks with these smile.gif

Thanks a lot! Appriciate it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2013, 01:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Oct 29 2013, 04:28 PM) *
Hi Gabriel!
These new lessons u gave me are......... interesting smile.gif The AP first: 3 new patterns, YES! Awesume and my brain and fingers need to work together on these and I'm sure I'll be able to play them smoothly in a while/days.
The lesson from Piotr is a true challenge using shapes and patterns that are really hard but its a very beautiful piece:)
Am I suppose to learn the whole lesson? Its so beautiful and I will try that in a good tempo for me.

Legato: So great to see that u still want me to play Jose's lessons! I am not finished and satisfied with these yet and I want to learn all the way what he shows there.
Ian's lesson is HARD! Atleast what I have tried and how it looks biggrin.gif Am I suppose to learn the whole lessons here also or just the patterns?

About the sweeps then: The 2 and 3 string sweeps do not exists: We are sorry, but we could not find the page you are looking for.
And I know ur lesson Neoclassical Sweeping & Legato. I know it so well but havent managed it yet. But I will really work hard with it!

Anyway: I have only tried to be familiar with these lessons today and probably the next 2-3 days forward also. I will take them down in sections and work with each of them very concentrated.
Guess I need 2-3 weeks with these smile.gif

Thanks a lot! Appriciate it wink.gif

Hi mate! I'm very happy of knowing that you are motivated! This is getting better and better!

- I just fixed the two Sweep Picking lessons (Both are the same than in the routine 1)
- AP Piotr lesson: Yes, the idea is that you learn the whole lesson but you don have to learn it the first day. You can even learn 1 or 2 parts per day and practice them as exercises. This same thing can be done with Legato Stamina lesson.

Any other question? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nava
Oct 30 2013, 08:03 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
No no, no other question biggrin.gif

I'm pleased with ur fast reply and will start working on this right now!
I come back with some news or questions when I feel is the right time smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2013, 02:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Oct 30 2013, 04:03 PM) *

Excellent!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2013, 03:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nava @ Oct 30 2013, 04:03 PM) *

Hi mate! I'm back from vacation and ready to hear from you! Have you been working on the routine? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nava
Nov 13 2013, 07:41 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gab!
Hope u had a great vacation!
Yes, I have been doin my routine. The negativ thing is that I have max 1 hour/day.
But I am pretty familiar with the new three AP patterns and the pentapatterns. I have learned Piotr's lesson and the little finger really gets a good workout. Still need to work a lot on tempo.

Sweep then. I have learned ur lesson and are practicing the fast 2 string sweeps in loop.
The last legato run is hard but i get there soon I hope:)

Legato: I can play Juan's shapes nicely now. Not in the right tempo but its good practice!
Ian's legato stamina is working good also. I havent learn the whole lesson yet but almost;)

So, do u want me to continue with this or do u have other plans for me?
I'll do whatever u want:D
Still need to work on ur sweep lesson and Ians legato and Piotrs little finger AP lesson.
But some new patterns would be nice.
I feel this is really good for me:)

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:29 AM