> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Bascuthach's Scales
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2014, 10:07 AM
Instructor
Hey matey! Welcome back smile.gif Sure thing - we can start working together again, if that is what you wish. About the recording, I think it's a bit too long in respect to its diversity. What sort of structure did you have in mind when you started this piece? I mean, a classic example would be:

A,B,A,B,C,B - that means verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus

I also run things a bit more structured nowadays and I would love to see where you are with your playing and current goals - so, I was thinking that maybe you would be interested in taking a look over these questions here and writing me the answers so that I may help out as best as possible: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

What do you say, mate?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 1 2014, 10:28 PM
GMC:er
OK so i spent 5 hours making this, thats more time than i spend making songs >.<

oh, and i have this

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Oct 1 2014, 11:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 2 2014, 06:29 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Thanks for taking the time to arrange this! It is pretty eloquent and after a bit of thinking, I think that we should go for a 3 hour routine/ day. The idea here is not to play guitar all day long, but to play guitar with a purpose and see progress occurring. I think we can tackle two lessons/ week - one based on rhythm and one on lead techniques.

After finishing each lesson you will also have creative tasks based on the principles you have learned in each lesson, ok?

As for the general approach, I'd like you to try the following steps:

- understand the theoretical concepts - know what and why you are playing is a healthy way of learning
- learn the lesson structure - things will flow naturally once you know what's next when playing any piece
- learn each part and reproduce it slowly with the metronome - you will learn the lesson and become accustomed with the timing and feel
- put all the parts together and practice them against the slowest available backing track - respecting timing and phrasing will provide essential advantages when you will face the details of any piece!
- work your way up tempo with the available backing tracks

Now that you have these ideas under your nose. I'd like you to try to divide your time in the following fashion:

Day 1-5:

Apply the steps above for the lessons until you are comfortable with playing them and you can focus only on the troublesome spots in the lessons - each and everyone will have some and I want you to tell me about your progress along the way. It is important to discuss how things are going and manage to spot eventual issues before they are harder to fix wink.gif

Day 6-7 - Revision (you practice the lessons, assuming you that you already know the structures and you can play them) - focus on timing, definition, clean playing, articulations and details! Recording - it's not mandatory but it can help A TON and it will always be a measure of your progress.

For the first week, I'd like you to go for the following lessons:

Alternate picking: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/ - I noticed that your AP could use some work so, I thought this would be the perfect one to begin with.

Riffing/rhythm: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/ - great riffing drill smile.gif

What do you think, man?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 10 2014, 02:57 PM
I cant do the lessons cause im not paid up at the moment, when i start making money with the guitar i will start to buy lessons, till then i have to get good enugh to make money, i can how ever watch the videos, the alternate one is simple, been doing todds class for about 2 years now, the Rhythm one i would like to learn more about, but also like to see more videos on lead as well, i have thought about the learning process, less blind-less playing and more learning and not burning my self out and going back to songs i have already started learning as well as new technique or making old ones stronger

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 20 2014, 04:38 PM
The Professor's Music Theory Guide
GMC Forum -> THEORY
GMC Theory Grimoire

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 21 2014, 09:54 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

Let's begin by learning the notes on the fretboard - that is a very important step - learning the notes separately and managing to recognize them in a musical context, without leaning on ANY pattern based form - I.E. scale shapes, or anything that will hold you down in a fixed space.

What I'd like you to do, is read this first chapter here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47441

After reading this one, I would like you read the notes of the lesson in this thread and let me know if you understand the concept of minimising your instrument down to a 'one string guitar' smile.gif -> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=671081

After making sure you understood everything written in here, I will start giving you tasks based on what you have read - do we have a deal? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 21 2014, 02:39 PM
i will read up on these cause it seems this is one of the hardest concepts i have, i have tried a few different methods on learning the notes including but not limited to these games here
http://www.8notes.com/school/theory/guitar_trainer.asp
http://www.fachords.com/master-guitar-fretboard-game-intro/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2014, 08:04 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - those games seem pretty interesting, but I think that my method will prove a bit more organic and it will involve playing the guitar and associating the notes with the positions on YOUR guitar's neck smile.gif It's something different from looking at a screen and I think it will work easier, especially that you will learn how to see your instrument reduced to it's simplest possible form wink.gif But first, read the theoretical aspects and please, by all means, ask me questions about what you read if there's anything unclear, ok?

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 28 2014, 09:04 PM
ok, so i have read this and read the links and watched your video, and have been working at least 10 minutes a day memorizing the notes on the guitar, i will keep this up, also i have this site i use a lot for building ideas http://www.drumbot.com/projects/key_chords/ and i was reading up on this one http://www.joelmabus.com/improvisation_2.htm the thing is the f note 1st fret of the low e string just dont sound right on a Em chord, idk so whats next?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 29 2014, 03:14 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif As a first task, please follow the next steps:

- use the backing track in the link I provided - it features a Cmaj, Am, Fmaj, Gmaj progression
- play the root notes of each chord on each string along with the backing track, changing each note as the chords change - make sure you remember their sound and position on the neck and if possible, sing them out loud saying their name: C, A, F, G
- do this drill with every C, A, F, G note on each string
- the most awesome thing would be if you could then sing them, without the guitar, but just using your voice smile.gif This would prove that you know how these notes sound in your head already. Imagine that in this way you would know their position, name and sound on each string, regardless of the fact that you have a guitar in your hands or not! wink.gif It is a great power!

It would be awesome if you make a video with this exercise - what do you say, mate?

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 29 2014, 05:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 30 2014, 09:22 AM
Instructor
Hey Bas!

You nailed the notes, congrats on that, but I have a few observations here:

- this is not a speed exercise, but an ear training one
- please record using a clean tone and against the backing track, respecting the changes imposed by the chord changes
- one strike of the pick should be enough
- try to sing the note you are playing when you are playing it - this may be a bit difficult at first, but it will work wonders on your ears wink.gif

Do we have a deal, mate? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 30 2014, 07:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 31 2014, 01:06 PM
Instructor
Hey Bas!

Great, great first step here mate! I think you nailed the notes in a very important proportion! By that, I mean that you are almost on spot with them - the thing is, that with practice, you should become very decided and exact when singing each note. Please proceed with each and every string in the same manner, having a few more aspects in mind:

- don't sing each note for too long - just sing the note and say it's name in the same time but don't hold the note with your voice for a whole bar, ok? You will get tired too quickly smile.gif

- use every string in the same manner and try to aim each note you are sining directly with your voice.
- once you get really confident, just sing the notes, without playing them on the guitar

What do you think mate? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 8 2014, 08:00 PM
Took some time off due to family emergency, this is recorded after Todd's Sunday Lesson

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 11 2014, 11:19 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

I see you are practicing your technique with Todd, but how about the tasks we discussed a few weeks ago? smile.gif I remember we discussed about becoming a player who knows what he is doing and why he is doing it and we started understanding the intervals with that exercise I have given you - how is that one going?

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 11 2014, 03:15 PM
had some stuff come up, i will try to get back in to the groove, practice has slowed due to the holidays and other things wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 12 2014, 04:26 PM
Instructor
Alright mate!

Let me know how it goes and I'll be here to help out and send more tasks as soon as these are ready wink.gif There's a lot to do, so let's get to it!

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Apr 5 2015, 01:16 AM
ok were we at?

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:24 AM