No More Hope Left, -an original song-
VilleFIN
Jul 31 2012, 06:02 PM
Tone Seeker
Hi guys !

Let me present an another new song. It's supposed to be quite metal but...I got severe brain fart and did poppish middle part tongue.gif
It just came ?!? laugh.gif Also this has Middle-East / Indian vibe. (At least I think it has...)

Oh well I've uploaded 2 versions of this.

(Without middle part)
https://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/no-more-hope-left

https://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/no-more-hope-left-middle

Gears used

Guitars/Bass Drop-D
Guitar Rig 5
Toontrack Metal Machine
Ezmix2

Comments, thoughts and etc. would be nice ! wink.gif

-Cheers-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 31 2012, 09:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Very nice! I liked that second version very much. It's quite progressive and the middle part is awesome. smile.gif I recognize the "biker in the desert" part. haha. I would suggest something going on in the right channel as well as the left. When something's only in the left channel for the lead, it feels weird in my ear. But maybe you have another vision. smile.gif
Great job!!

Brandon

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 1 2012, 12:37 AM
GMC:er
Well spiff! Dude, let's write a tune together!

QUOTE (WeePee @ Jul 31 2012, 01:02 PM) *
Hi guys !

Let me present an another new song. It's supposed to be quite metal but...I got severe brain fart and did poppish middle part tongue.gif
It just came ?!? laugh.gif Also this has Middle-East / Indian vibe. (At least I think it has...)

Oh well I've uploaded 2 versions of this.

(Without middle part)
https://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/no-more-hope-left

https://soundcloud.com/alfafirefox/no-more-hope-left-middle

Gears used

Guitars/Bass Drop-D
Guitar Rig 5
Toontrack Metal Machine
Ezmix2

Comments, thoughts and etc. would be nice ! wink.gif

-Cheers-

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 1 2012, 08:40 AM
Instructor
I love it, those Eastern melodies work brilliantly over the staccato riffs ! cool.gif

I would leave the pop middle section out personally.. it sounds good on its own but maybe work it into another song ?

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 1 2012, 09:17 AM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 31 2012, 11:05 PM) *
I would suggest something going on in the right channel as well as the left. When something's only in the left channel for the lead, it feels weird in my ear. But maybe you have another vision. smile.gif
Great job!!

Brandon

Thanks for pointing that out. It's now fixed. I had so many track here and there so no wonder this kind things happen.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 1 2012, 02:37 AM) *
Well spiff! Dude, let's write a tune together!

Sure I'll PM you smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 1 2012, 10:40 AM) *
I love it, those Eastern melodies work brilliantly over the staccato riffs ! cool.gif

I would leave the pop middle section out personally.. it sounds good on its own but maybe work it into another song ?

Yeah that's why I ended up doing 2 versions. Somebody has injected Coldplay stuff in me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 1 2012, 11:50 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Nice work! smile.gif I agree on the fact that combining the two is not necessarily the best idea, but that middle part can become another song on its own. And don't worry about the pop flavor - it's great! Music is honest as long as you allow it to be smile.gif Don't hinder your feelings just because you think people will make fun of music for being pop/ whatever!

Anything you would like me to assist you with? smile.gif I would be glad to participate on your recordings biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 1 2012, 01:03 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 1 2012, 01:50 PM) *
Hey man! Nice work! smile.gif I agree on the fact that combining the two is not necessarily the best idea, but that middle part can become another song on its own. And don't worry about the pop flavor - it's great! Music is honest as long as you allow it to be smile.gif Don't hinder your feelings just because you think people will make fun of music for being pop/ whatever!

Anything you would like me to assist you with? smile.gif I would be glad to participate on your recordings biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Hey thanks ! smile.gif
Yep it's really different. First I tried to create s middle part in Killswitch Engage style (like your lesson) but It came out really differently. But it's okay I kinda like it there and it's fun to notice that I can create something in pop style too wink.gif

Hey when I'm writing new stuff I'll notify you. Deal ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 2 2012, 02:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Aug 1 2012, 12:03 PM) *
Hey thanks ! smile.gif
Yep it's really different. First I tried to create s middle part in Killswitch Engage style (like your lesson) but It came out really differently. But it's okay I kinda like it there and it's fun to notice that I can create something in pop style too wink.gif

Hey when I'm writing new stuff I'll notify you. Deal ? smile.gif

Hehe! Deal mate! I love melodic counterparts in aggressive songs wink.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 2 2012, 03:58 PM
Tone Seeker
More comments guys ??

smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 2 2012, 11:00 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (WeePee @ Aug 2 2012, 09:58 AM) *
More comments guys ??

smile.gif

Don't worry, man. smile.gif I'm sure people will comment on your thread again. After all, this community is awesome and gives great feedback. wink.gif

-Brandon

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 4 2012, 08:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
Very cool sound. I really like those quick little slides into the notes in the "Eastern sounding lead melody".

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:47 AM