How I Record My Songs --> Chapter 3: Fruity Loops, Installing VSTs
Juan M. Valero
Oct 16 2007, 04:42 PM
Instructor
CHAPTER 3. FRUITY LOOPS:
Instaling VSTs

How can we install the VSTs ?? the key is to instal the archive '.dll' in the Fruity's VST folder.
For example I upload a free VST: the cheezemachine.

Attached File  CheezeMachine_1.3.zip ( 316.85K ) Number of downloads: 412

This is a very simple VST but it's good enough for this example.
First of all let's see the cheezemachine:

this file contains 3 archives, the manual, the .dll archive (that is what we will use) and the other one is the direct program for if you want to open the cheezemachine wihout other programs. So as I say we use the .dll file because we will use the cheezemachine as a PLUGIN in the Fruity Loops Studio.

The first step is to locate the Fruity VST folder:

And the paste the .dll file. Just see:

Now the VST is installed in the correct folder so the only thing that we may do is to search it in the Fruity loops as I explain in next senteces.
I like to say that this example works to all VSTs, just install the VST in the Fruity VST Folder (in some programs for instance EWQL Symphonic Orchestra or Broomstick Bass you can install the library in other folder like 'documents and seetings', it's not a problem, but the .dll must be in the Fruity VST folder).

There is another way to install the VSTs plugins but I think that's more simple, so I prefer this one.

Ok, lets go to the Fruity Loops. We may search the VST file so that's how we can do it:

go to the chanels and click "More"

Then we do a fast scan to seaarch the new VSTs installed

One new plugins was found

Click to select it into the "visible" plugins

And the go to the Channels again, the Cheezemachine is already instaled and visible biggrin.gif

So click on and open the Cheeze:

And finally just have fun biggrin.gif that my demo sesion wink.gif

The MP3
Attached File  Demo_sesion.mp3 ( 108.23K ) Number of downloads: 565

And the fruity file
Attached File  demoses.flp.zip ( 14.18K ) Number of downloads: 279

That's all !!! see you in chapter 4 wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Juan M. Valero: Oct 30 2007, 06:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 16 2007, 08:00 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Great chapter again Juan,

Cheese Machine looks cool as well smile.gif .

One thing that may help those of us who have multiple hard discs scavenged from old computers (and so have vst's in more then one location) is this program. Good housekeeping though like you have is much better though cool.gif .

The other thing I do is have a backup on an external harddrive as it can be a real pain if your pc goes down having to find and download all the vstis and vts once again. (Don't think Camel Audio let you download Phat Free anymore - shame as its a great plugin sad.gif .)

Cheers,
Tony

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 16 2007, 09:31 PM
Instructor
Yeah, if you have a lot of VSTs installed in different folders you would have a headache XD so that program would help all who have this trouble. Of course I prefer to install all together in the Fruity folder, but I will need it if I want to use Cubase (for instance)...

The idea of an external harddrive is really good, specially if you have lot of VSTs like EWQLP Colossus, Symphonic Choirs, etc. Those programs are very big... I think Symphonic Choirs are 9 DVDS !!!! hehe, so keeping all those VSTs in an external harddrive would help everyone who use those immense programs wink.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 16 2007, 10:06 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Absolutely Juan,
if you're streaming off disc though transfer rate and spin speed are important...

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Oct 16 2007, 10:33 PM
GMC:er
Forgot to thank you for the update Juan, and my problem is fixed now biggrin.gif thankyou very much, this is a good topic you got here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 16 2007, 11:51 PM
Instructor
Well Tony, at this moment I don't need the external drive, but I will remember your words when I need to buy one wink.gif

Hemlok, thank you very much for you words, they help me to continue writing more chapters smile.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 17 2007, 11:12 AM
Great chapter Juan. Hey, i Juan, i was wondering if it would be a good idea to post each chapter in a different Pinned topic or something similar.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 17 2007, 02:20 PM
Instructor
yeah, I wanted to post all chapters in the first topic but there are lot of images and in this forum it's a limit tongue.gif

I think it was a great idea but I would need a new subforum... mmm I'm not sure what to do tongue.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 18 2007, 05:20 AM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Oct 17 2007, 07:20 AM) *
yeah, I wanted to post all chapters in the first topic but there are lot of images and in this forum it's a limit tongue.gif

I think it was a great idea but I would need a new subforum... mmm I'm not sure what to do tongue.gif

how many chapters are there in total? If they arent much, i think you could Pin them all in this same forum, i think it could be a good idea, but id like to see other's opinions as well, specially yours, beacuse you're the one who does the decision. smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 18 2007, 05:53 AM
Instructor
Mmm I send a message to Kristofer to create a new forum to explain my trick of recording... I think it would help the users smile.gif

Mmm I send a message to Kristofer to create a new forum to explain my trick of recording... I think it would help the users smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Oct 18 2007, 06:16 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Oct 18 2007, 05:53 AM) *
I think it would help the users smile.gif

Yeh it would definately help me out- i'm open to any recording advice at the moment.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 18 2007, 06:45 PM
Instructor
Yeah, if I can help you don't doubt I will do it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Dec 9 2007, 02:54 AM
Hey Juan, this helped me a lot. Cause its pretty much the same for most DAW's. Plus I got to try some new programs that I haven't heard of before. Thanks

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 9 2007, 07:46 AM
Instructor
Thanks, I see that you are studing hard my tutorials biggrin.gif yeah, that's great !!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:38 AM