> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Blues Licks, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Beat Zbinden
Apr 25 2015, 12:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Blues Licks by Gabriel Leopardi

This is also a Result from Gab`s Army. To improve my Timing i play a lot of Triplets. This is my second Rec

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=53498

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 26 2015, 02:52 PM
Instructor
First impression is good - pretty descent tmming and clarity of playing. As for anty tweaks needed it's smilar case to other lesson take of yours - something is going wrong with the pitch when You vibrate notes. Maybe try to think of vibrato like crossing the "flat position" of a string while softly bending it up and down alternatively. At the moment it loks like You very slightly bend the note and keep vibrating it on that increased pitch value.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 26 2015, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Beat!

I've compared this new take with the previous and the timing improvements are very notorious, so this means that you are on the right track with the practice and extra works that you are doing to polish this one.

However there is still room to improve your timing on this one, but now you have to focus more on details. The overall is tighter, but there are notes here and there that are not tight yet.

Another thing that improved but that still needs more is your bending technique. Your bends are also better on this one compared with the previous take but there are some that don't reach the correct pitch, so keep on working on this technique too.

Well mate, it's great to see you progressing, keep on rocking.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 27 2015, 09:25 AM
Instructor
I really like this take, Beat. It's cool to see traditional blues being played on a JEM too!

I like your tone and your articulation. Your version is quite staccato and aggressive which is a very personal interpretation. That's what makes us all so unique as guitarists. We can play the same lines but make them sound totally different.

My only observation is that you end certain notes a little too early for my personal taste which makes it sound as if you're trying to finish one phrase quickly to get into position for the next. It's almost as if I can hear you thinking ahead.

For an example of what I mean, listen to the moments at 0:10, 0:13, 0:19 (also has no vibrato so this note sounds very dull and dead). I would advise you to try and hold onto the notes for a little longer, just to show that you've actually played them for a reason. That's my only real criticism.. anything else like timing issues is probably a result of camera nerves because you're a tight player. Good work!

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 28 2015, 08:22 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:40 AM