New Project: The Gmc Journal, Would you like to be a GMC Journalist?
Fran
Dec 6 2008, 02:21 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Hi all!

I'm happy to announce a brand new Wiki Project: The GMC Journal!

Yeah, that's it: a GMC newspaper created by all of us, here in our wiki.

Purpose:

The purpose of The GMC Journal is double: first of all it will be a nice way to be informed about the latest happenings in our small GMC universe, and given time it could become a really nice article library to browse in the forecoming years. Imagine how cool it will be, a couple years from now, to look back in time browsing through old piece of news thanks to the powerful Wiki searching/category features. smile.gif

Contents:

Anything, no matter how big or small, important or ludicrous has a place in the Journal. You can write news articles about:

Challenges
Collabs & Video collabs
Site improvements
Virtual Bands achievements
Member finished songs
Uploads
Instructor related news
Competitions/prizes
Pictures
Personal news: you got some new gear? Improved your playing? Learnt something new? Played your first Gig?....

Your imagination sets the limits. The wiki is yours!

How does it work?

Piece of cake. All you have to do is write your article here in the wiki. No fixed rules!. cool.gif

I'll take a look every day and put it under the right wiki category and/or rename the article as needed, etc. It will be nice to keep all Journal articles under the "GMC" category, and title them as "Journal yyyy-mm-dd Article Title", where the "yyyy-mm-dd" is the date. That way it will really easy to browse once we have tons of articles.

Again, you guys don't neet to do anything but write!, just tell your story, and I'll find it & relocate/retitle and do anything needed so it all stays at the right place. Shall you have any doubts, just ask! smile.gif

Some reasons to write articles

Writing a simple piece of news takes no time!, it shows you have a journalist spirit plus it means you are a nice guy. wink.gif

Ok, so that's not enough uh? dry.gif , well, well. It will also lead to you getting qualified as a Wiki:writer, and written articles here also will serve as "monthly completed articles" for the Wiki:ers out there to maintain their badge.
And what's more: as I regularly update the Wiki Front Page, most of these articles will be featured, which means your articles will catch lots of attention!

More surprises might very well await for those interested in the wiki in the future... biggrin.gif

Here's an example article!

David Wallimann Awarded at Guitar Rig Hero

So how does it feel? Shall we build a piece of GMC History together?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Fran: May 5 2009, 04:43 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Matt23
Dec 6 2008, 03:34 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Great idea Fran. I will certainly have a go at writing some stuff for this. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:39 PM