> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Slash_5 - Classic Black Sabbath: Rhythm Lead
Grade
slash_5 - Classic Black Sabbath: Rhythm Lead
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

slash_5
Jun 15 2011, 09:02 PM
GMC:er
Here we go! My first post!

Here's the original lesson: Classic Black Sabbath

Equipement:
Gibson SG Menace
Line6 POD XT live
Nikon D5000 DSLR

I play a rhythm section behind the solo part that is not in the lesson, but I believe hearing it in the main video and fits with the bass of the backing track.

I really enjoyed to play this tune!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jun 17 2011, 03:55 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2011, 09:33 PM
Instructor
Good job and nice video edition man! Congrats on your first REC video!! biggrin.gif The rhythm section has timing issues in many sections... try to play the chords over the original lessons paying attention to change the chords at the correct time. The solo section is played well, but you have to work more on your bending because it seems that your fingers don't have enough force to reach the pitch. You should also work a bit on your vibrato technique because it sounds a bit weak in the solo section. Keep on working hard! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 15 2011, 09:33 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 16 2011, 10:17 AM
Instructor
Hey Marco! Congrats on your first take from me as well smile.gif As Gabriel said - the timing has slips here and there and in the solo, there are issues regarding the bending and vibrato. I've got a question - what string gauge are you using? If the strings are too tensioned maybe it would be a good idea to use a lighter string set. It could improve your vibrato and bending if that is the case. Otherwise, practice things slowly at first and I'm sure you'll nail them wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 16 2011, 10:41 AM
Instructor
This is a great effort and I love your guitar ! smile.gif

I have to agree with the other guys that you should look at timing, vibrato and string bending for your own progress. Some of the licks didn't ring out correctly.. but if you spend a bit longer with this tune you'll nail it.. you were almost there cool.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 17 2011, 03:54 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nice video man, a little more work is needed though on this lesson. 7 on this take.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:48 PM