6 Years Wasted
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 1 2008, 12:12 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Vinod Saranga @ Oct 1 2008, 12:11 PM) *
Hey OC 

you just confused.

Get orgainized again  biggrin.gif

Sometimes you feel like you can't do anything.It's normal.Keep away from the guitar for a while.Do a new thing.In few days you will realize how good you are!

lol. I will start papering the town with pictures of me everywhere in a few days biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 1 2008, 01:17 PM
Instructor
O.C take it easy man. Life is too short to worry and get stressed out about anything really. Do things that you enjoy and take things one step at the time.
Guitar related - play your favorite songs and solos, when you feel you got it start doing some exercises to improve your technique , compose songs , get into a band , talk to us on forum I bet this makes you feel good already (knowing there are people out there who care what you have to say) etc

If you have opportunity , go travel somewhere for a week or two, take a nice vacation and get away from all the stress in your life. Miami is awesome place to go if you are into beach night clubs and fun. Even if you are not into that , its still awesome , girls are amazing there , if they don't make you happy I don't know what will hehe biggrin.gif

Peace man

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 1 2008, 01:26 PM
I don't think I do play my favourite songs enough sad.gif I think I worry about writing songs in my band too much. I've been to Miami before and it was awesome but unfortunately I need to save as I'm moving to Japan next year smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
seagull
Oct 1 2008, 01:54 PM
A lot of great advice has been given in this topic. But in fact, it hasn't been long since I had kind of a "guitar depression". Although not as serious as yours, it decreased my confidence in my playing.
Fortunately, a natural break from guitar playing came when I went on an already planned trip to Canada to visit an old buddy of mine. I couldn't bring my guitar, so I just relaxed completely for 14 days without playing any guitar except for an old crap Spanish one they had in the basement. Usually when we had had some beers. smile.gif

Then when I came back and finally played the guitar again, I had some sort of revelation - Suddenly, all of my skills had increased remarkably, although I hadn't played for over 2 weeks! I had an unstoppable urge to play and learn new things, and the things I'd already learned had somehow had the time to settle in my consciousness.
I have no explanation as to HOW the heck it happened, but it did!

So I think it is absolutely great that you're going to Japan! You're hopefully gonna experience something similar. smile.gif

Ninja-mind-journey! laugh.gif

Cheer up man, "the night is always darkest before the dawn." wink.gif

This post has been edited by seagull: Oct 1 2008, 01:55 PM

+Quote Post
Rooks
Oct 1 2008, 02:08 PM
You should hear me play that'l maybe cheer you up tongue.gif

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 1 2008, 02:43 PM
QUOTE (Rooks @ Oct 1 2008, 02:08 PM) *
You should hear me play that'l maybe cheer you up tongue.gif

I'm sure you'd be better than me smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 1 2008, 06:57 PM
Jazz Instructor
Everybody go through that period. Paul Gilbert has spent 5 years holding the pick in the wrong way, now he is the best picker in the world.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 1 2008, 07:16 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 1 2008, 08:43 AM) *
I'm sure you'd be better than me smile.gif

What are you working at, for your Ph.D? If you are serious on that.

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 1 2008, 07:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Oct 1 2008, 01:57 PM) *
Everybody go through that period. Paul Gilbert has spent 5 years holding the pick in the wrong way, now he is the best picker in the world.

What do you mean, he used to hold it differently from how he holds it now, when??

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
bsamn
Oct 1 2008, 07:48 PM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Oct 1 2008, 07:38 PM) *
What do you mean, he used to hold it differently from how he holds it now, when??

Yup, he used to hold it like the V-Pick guy. (the pick angled backwards)
But the stress on his thumb was too much so he switched to the way most players play (the pick angled in front)

This post has been edited by bsamn: Oct 1 2008, 07:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 2 2008, 12:23 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 1 2008, 07:16 PM) *
What are you working at, for your Ph.D? If you are serious on that.

I do decision support for the informed selection of military training media for tomorrows military operations. Basically improving military training by utilising newer embedded solutions.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 2 2008, 01:00 AM
Jazz Instructor
QUOTE (bsamn @ Oct 1 2008, 07:48 PM) *
Yup, he used to hold it like the V-Pick guy. (the pick angled backwards)
But the stress on his thumb was too much so he switched to the way most players play (the pick angled in front)

Yes, like Marty Friedman. And in the beginning, he played ONLY with upstrokes, can you believe?
I watched an interview with him, it is true.

That is very encouraging, if he can afford to make such mistakes, then...

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 2 2008, 02:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (seagull @ Oct 1 2008, 02:54 PM) *
A lot of great advice has been given in this topic. But in fact, it hasn't been long since I had kind of a "guitar depression". Although not as serious as yours, it decreased my confidence in my playing.
Fortunately, a natural break from guitar playing came when I went on an already planned trip to Canada to visit an old buddy of mine. I couldn't bring my guitar, so I just relaxed completely for 14 days without playing any guitar except for an old crap Spanish one they had in the basement. Usually when we had had some beers. smile.gif

Then when I came back and finally played the guitar again, I had some sort of revelation - Suddenly, all of my skills had increased remarkably, although I hadn't played for over 2 weeks! I had an unstoppable urge to play and learn new things, and the things I'd already learned had somehow had the time to settle in my consciousness.
I have no explanation as to HOW the heck it happened, but it did!

So I think it is absolutely great that you're going to Japan! You're hopefully gonna experience something similar. smile.gif

Ninja-mind-journey! laugh.gif

Cheer up man, "the night is always darkest before the dawn." wink.gif

This is perfect example of what I was talking about earlier!
Taking time away from music will actually help you - believe it or not. Sometimes you improve more when you don't practice then when you do - and that's where vacations really kick in ; you take time off and when you come back guitar playing and music feels fresh and new again amazing stuff!

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 1 2008, 02:26 PM) *
I don't think I do play my favourite songs enough sad.gif I think I worry about writing songs in my band too much. I've been to Miami before and it was awesome but unfortunately I need to save as I'm moving to Japan next year smile.gif

I feel you man all the way... Play the songs you like, don't worry about band stuff - work on it but don't get discouraged ! As far as Miami goes you will go soon man - South beach is awesome you will get the chance to kick it there and compose some awesome riffs on the beach. I created Miami piece as soon as I came back to Boston - I got so much inspiration from that place (spent my 24th birthday there and it was awesome smile.gif

Keep the faith man and ask if you need some help with lesson exercises etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Oct 2 2008, 03:30 AM
One thing that I've always noticed with you is you are always saying how you are terrible and are useless at guitar, and you hate to realize the fact that you are a pretty decent guitarist. I've listened to one of your bands tunes, and it was catchy man..

But really what do you want to be as a guitar player? If you want to become as good as muris, then it's just a matter of you saying you can do it or not, and believing that you can do it. Just have a little more confidence in yourself man.

tj

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 2 2008, 04:01 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 1 2008, 06:23 PM) *
I do decision support for the informed selection of military training media for tomorrows military operations. Basically improving military training by utilising newer embedded solutions.

See, you sound good there. Except you Brits spell utilizing wrong. There I am lecturing you on proper use of the English language. Don't assume that most of these guys here are not more screwed up than you think you are. You are just open. I bet you are one of the sanest guys around here.

I would ask you more about your work, but I assume you can't talk much about it. We have a war college just north of here, at Fort Leavenworth, I guess they have guys like you working up there.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 2 2008, 08:36 AM
Instructor
I have nothing much to add OC,
it's has been all said more or less.
I believe it's moment of depression,lacking of confidence.
Take some time to clear up your mind and then keep working again,
we are all humans and we truly hit the wall sometimes. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 2 2008, 09:52 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 2 2008, 04:01 AM) *
See, you sound good there. Except you Brits spell utilizing wrong. There I am lecturing you on proper use of the English language. Don't assume that most of these guys here are not more screwed up than you think you are. You are just open. I bet you are one of the sanest guys around here.

I would ask you more about your work, but I assume you can't talk much about it. We have a war college just north of here, at Fort Leavenworth, I guess they have guys like you working up there.

Didn't we invent the English language tongue.gif It really is confusing with the different spellings because I have to quote American texts in my work and obviously have to use their spelling and then for me writing I need to use proper English tongue.gif biggrin.gif

I can't talk about much of my work and I can't access a lot of what I need to because it is such a strict area when it comes to secretive documents. Very interesting area that I enjoy but it is morally wrong. Unfortunately I barely have any morals anyway biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Oct 2 2008, 08:36 AM) *
I have nothing much to add OC,
it's has been all said more or less.
I believe it's moment of depression,lacking of confidence.
Take some time to clear up your mind and then keep working again,
we are all humans and we truly hit the wall sometimes. smile.gif

I do lack a lot of confidence I know. It seems I have reached a brick wall that is continually growing in height and then you finally get over the wall and hit another. I need more motivation with guitar and more confidence. I have bought a web cam on pay day as I can show people me playing the lessons and hopefully get some advice to improve my playing smile.gif

QUOTE (Tjchep @ Oct 2 2008, 03:30 AM) *
One thing that I've always noticed with you is you are always saying how you are terrible and are useless at guitar, and you hate to realize the fact that you are a pretty decent guitarist. I've listened to one of your bands tunes, and it was catchy man..

But really what do you want to be as a guitar player? If you want to become as good as muris, then it's just a matter of you saying you can do it or not, and believing that you can do it. Just have a little more confidence in yourself man.

tj

I want to be able to play my favourite stuff by my favourite guitarists. Muris has got the all round package of speed, technical skills and great phrasing. I'd love to get to what Muris can do but to be honest I'd be happy just to be able to play my favourite Jazz records and death metal. I love Jason Becker but I'd never care if I couldn't get to that as in my opinion he is the greatest guitarist to ever play.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:04 AM