Sondre's Mtp Thread, All assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Sep 4 2009, 06:17 PM
Instructor
Hi Sondre!

This is place where I will give you assignments and upload videos. You will do the same starting tonight. Bookmark it, subscribe to it as it will be easier to follow when I post new things in!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 5 2009, 09:58 AM
Instructor
Lets get started Sondre!

In your guitar CV you mentioned improving in technique areas. This is why I decided to start with some alternate picking with you. Once we are done with alternate picking I will provide you exercises for economy, sweep, tapping and all the rest.

Here is your 1st assignment :

- Record each lick in 3 different tempos! Make sure tempos are at least 15-20 bpm difference.
- Try to show me your maximum tempo for these licks, I want you to push yourself here!
- Feel free to ask for more exercises if these are too easy for you!
- Upload your takes in this thread. Ideally I would like you to do videos, put them on Youtube and embed them here.

Time limit for 1st assignment would be a week from now(13th of September).
If you manage to do all the exercises before that, I will put more exercises here for you!

I would like you to do all exercises in the same 3 tempos !

Regarding practice schedule, I think you should do this an hour every day if you want to move tempos faster. Even better, do it 45-50 minutes with brake of 10 - 15 minutes. If you do it 50 minutes that gives you 10 minutes per exercise! Plenty of time to learn them all in slow, regular and fast tempo before recording it all.

Let me know if you have any questions Sondre !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Exercise_1_Alternate.pdf ( 103.34K ) Number of downloads: 93
Attached File  Exercise_2_Alternate.pdf ( 104.72K ) Number of downloads: 96
Attached File  Exercise_3_Alternate.pdf ( 106.53K ) Number of downloads: 87
Attached File  Exercise_4_Alternate.pdf ( 66.74K ) Number of downloads: 82
Attached File  Exercise_5_Alternate.pdf ( 70.31K ) Number of downloads: 85

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sondre
Sep 5 2009, 07:36 PM
GMC:er
Awesine lesson plan. I know all the licks by heart now, and i'll probably record before sunday. smile.gif

Great work Pedja!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 5 2009, 07:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sondre @ Sep 5 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Awesine lesson plan. I know all the licks by heart now, and i'll probably record before sunday. smile.gif

Great work Pedja!

Excellent Sondre, I am very happy to hear this from you. Just remember - I want all examples with same 3 tempos of your choice!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sondre
Sep 5 2009, 09:26 PM
Ok, here I am playing at 80 bpm. I am sorry about the autofocus, I will turn it off before next time, and I will get some better lighting. Ill record the other videos soon! Im hoping I can reach 120 bpm soon on all five exercises! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 5 2009, 11:02 PM
Instructor
Sondre this is good 1st video. Is there anyway for me to hear click while you are playing? Can you put metronome click in the separate audio track from your guitar sound? That would be awesome!
Rhythm could be tighter, you still need to clear this tempo before moving to 120bpm, although I like your goals!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 10 2009, 09:55 PM
Instructor
Sondre how is assignment going?
Couple of more days before deadline, make sure you submit examples by then wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sondre
Sep 10 2009, 10:06 PM
Going fine. Been doing some schoolwork and exercising for a 3k, but i will definately record something tomorrow unless something happens.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 10 2009, 10:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sondre @ Sep 10 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Going fine. Been doing some schoolwork and exercising for a 3k, but i will definately record something tomorrow unless something happens.

Excellent Sondre. You have until Sunday to finish them, I am waiting for recording wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sondre
Sep 13 2009, 06:56 PM
I press record and BOOM, i am wearing gloves... Well, well

Its funny how i fail once I press REC, but I guess i am just not good enough. Looking forward to more assignements!

And I am sorry about missng the metronome clicks, but i just could't figure it out.

This post has been edited by Sondre: Sep 13 2009, 07:41 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 13 2009, 07:21 PM
Instructor
Sondre 1st video is almost perfect, I like it more then the 2nd video actually.
Pay attention to exercise 1 when coming back, you added extra 2 beats to that example! Check the PDF file.
Also I noticed when you do exercise 5 that your bend sounds out of tune. This will be good time to pay attention on that and work on it.

One recommendation for overall playing... When you do faster tempos, make sure that you don't lift your fingers too much off strings as you will have lots of trouble syncing your left with right hand. It will eventually lead to missed strokes, or wrong notes which you had in these videos at some times.

Good work overall, I am expecting 3rd video smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sondre
Sep 16 2009, 06:09 AM
should a start a new assignement or should I work on the AP?

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 16 2009, 12:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sondre @ Sep 16 2009, 07:09 AM) *
should a start a new assignement or should I work on the AP?

You should work on alternate picking more as you are not always on click when playing. You need to pay more attention to metronome click when playing and where each note should fall in the grouping.

I am giving you 3 more alternate picking examples to add to your practice routine. Make sure you record video as soon as you have something for me!

Let me know if you have any questions,

Pedja

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Exercise_8_Alternate.pdf ( 110.14K ) Number of downloads: 89
Attached File  Exercise_7_Alternate.pdf ( 84.09K ) Number of downloads: 102
Attached File  Exercise_6_Alternate.pdf ( 90.17K ) Number of downloads: 105

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Sep 28 2009, 05:43 PM
Instructor
Sondre how are you doing with those exercises?
Let me know if you have any questions man! I am expecting some video from you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:13 PM