Melodic Phrasing Workout
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 19 2014, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Hello guys! Let's add some melodic work in your diary routine. You can do it during the "Theory" & "Jamming" section.

1. Play A minor scale and sing each note while you play it. Be sure that you sing on pitch. (5 minutes)

2. Learn Am, G major and F Major arpeggios. Singe the notes while you play them. (5 minutes). Learn one arpeggio position of each chord each day. (5 minutes)

3. Play the scale over the backing of this lesson. Play it in order, then random notes, but always singing along.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Buckethead-Style/

4. Follow the chords of the same backing with arpeggios. Sing the notes while you play them.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Buckethead-Style/

download backing track: Attached File  Buckethead_Style_Rock_Ballad_backing_track_in_A_minor__1_.mp3 ( 815.43K ) Number of downloads: 54

5. Compose a new melody every day. The first day, compose it with your voice first and then play it in the guitar, the second day compose it directly using arpeggios and the scale with your guitar, third day voice, fourth day guitar, and so.

Feel free to post your ideas here! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 20 2014, 07:38 AM
Instructor
Great drill! Who's got some ideas to share already? This is a great way to train your ears and sense of melody smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 20 2014, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Still waiting! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:40 PM