5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Heavy Water Collaboration, instructors and members welcome! :)
Ivan Milenkovic
May 19 2011, 03:21 PM
Instructor
edit : Here is the result, enjoy :

* Hey everybody, it's been some time since my last collaboration. This time, I made modern rock track (backing) that has several interesting sections for improvising, but I'm not satisfied with it yet, I feel I need more creative thought on it. You can listen to it bellow! smile.gif

* There are tons of talented and hard working people here at GMC. I would like to share this track with you, and invite you to join me in making it better! smile.gif

* Let's try to make something interesting here shall we? smile.gif I'm planning in making a music video out of this, and I'm sure you all already recorded yourself playing on some track. Well, all you have to do is play this track, improvise over this one, do your best and show us your attitude, and the collaboration will ROCK in the end! biggrin.gif

* For this collab, I ask for help from both instructors and members to make it work. This track won't be that much without your contribution guys, so the more there are of us - the better! smile.gif

Here are some guidelines for this collab, to get you started:

1. Tempo is 150bpm
2. Key is C#m (relative major key is E major)
3. Track structure is: INTRO - VERSE - CHORUS - VERSE - CHORUS - OUTRO
4. You can choose to play over any part of the track, and loop it, and I will do my best to make room for all and edit the takes so that they all fit together nicely
5. I will need a video of you playing, and guitar track (without the backing)
6. Anything regarding scenery, your behaviour, tone, or ideas that you might have is up to you, be creative! However, if you insert inappropriate content I will need to blur it out biggrin.gif
7. Deadline for posting your takes is set to 5th of June!

If you have any questions, let me know, I'll be glad to hear out any suggestions of ideas regarding this track, and be glad to insert your solos or rhythm parts into the track! YouTube will decide if we did a good job! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Big_GMC_Collab.mp3 ( 4.26MB ) Number of downloads: 1988

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 19 2011, 03:31 PM
GMC Founder
Very nice composition Ivan - I am going to give this one a go!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2011, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Me too biggrin.gif I've got no experience with collabs but I want to start so biggrin.gif let's roll! My first collaboration smile.gif!

I'll be back home on Monday (leaving for Athens in the weekend) so, i wanted to ask, when is the deadline? I didn't see it anywhere and that's why I'm asking biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
May 19 2011, 04:20 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
great backing, count me in!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 19 2011, 04:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Great! I'm in also smile.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
K1R
May 19 2011, 04:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'll try to do my best smile.gif

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 19 2011, 05:08 PM
Instructor
yey, thanks guys! biggrin.gif

Sorry for not posting deadline! smile.gif Let's set it to 5th of June, and see if we got enough material by then! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2011, 05:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 19 2011, 04:08 PM) *
yey, thanks guys! biggrin.gif

Sorry for not posting deadline! smile.gif Let's set it to 5th of June, and see if we got enough material by then! smile.gif

Works fine for me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 19 2011, 06:54 PM
Instructor
Thanks mate! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 19 2011, 08:42 PM
GMC Founder
Ok here is my take of the beginning.

My idea is that between 00:19 and 00:40 someone reuses (and possibly improves) the ideas I presented in the intro - to make it more like a song. Perhaps using a slide? Maybe just with more distortion/dynamics/heavier vibrato? Hopefully you get the picture.

From 00:40 I added some more licks

Also there is probably room for dubs/harmonies over my lines as well - so feel free to experiment with it!

I am uploading the whole backing again to make it easier for someone else to lay down some ideas over it and upload - so we can get a smooth and spontaneous creative process! cool.gif

Oh and once again - this is a killer backing Ivan!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  HW_kris_w_backing.mp3 ( 4.35MB ) Number of downloads: 409

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 19 2011, 09:40 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm liking this! I might just give it a shot! smile.gif I'm not that good at improving but I'll do my best in whatever I do. Maybe I could do rhythms this time...we'll see. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
May 19 2011, 10:13 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
yes! very cheeky backing Ivan, I`m gunna get in trouble with Ben now, I`ve been playing over this all night instead of my assignment ohmy.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 19 2011, 11:00 PM
Instructor
Glad to have you onboard guys! smile.gif

Thanks Kris, that's a cool idea! smile.gif The track already sounds much better with some lines on it! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
May 20 2011, 04:14 PM
Learning Roadie
I will do my best to contribute something to this collab. It sounds fun and I want to represent GMC on YouTube biggrin.gif

It will be my first recording with my Guitar Rig 4 Kontrol edition which I ordered online today. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Brandon Earman: May 20 2011, 04:15 PM

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 20 2011, 04:17 PM
Instructor
Yeeeey!

Thanks! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 20 2011, 04:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ May 19 2011, 10:13 PM) *
yes! very cheeky backing Ivan, I`m gunna get in trouble with Ben now, I`ve been playing over this all night instead of my assignment ohmy.gif

BUSTED. mad.gif

I'd definitely like to come and join the party ! laugh.gif

Loving Kris's licks !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 20 2011, 05:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
Man this collab is gonna be sick biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 21 2011, 07:14 AM
GMC:er
WOOHOO! Been waiting for another killer Ivan Collab! Count me in! Man this track is cool. The intro sounds almost like early Police mixed with Bad Brains mixed with Ivan! This will be just perfect for solos. It's the idea song for sonic exploration. Very well done and the mix is great too. YOU FREAKING RAWK!

I think we should make some IVAN RULES buttons and shirts. Better still, a regular collab series called IVAN'S RULES where Ivan makes up the rules to new collabs each few weeks, e.g. no distortion, no right hand work, only egyptian scales, etc.

Todd
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 19 2011, 09:21 AM) *
* Hey everybody, it's been some time since my last collaboration. This time, I made modern rock track (backing) that has several interesting sections for improvising, but I'm not satisfied with it yet, I feel I need more creative thought on it. You can listen to it bellow! smile.gif

* There are tons of talented and hard working people here at GMC. I would like to share this track with you, and invite you to join me in making it better! smile.gif

* Let's try to make something interesting here shall we? smile.gif I'm planning in making a music video out of this, and I'm sure you all already recorded yourself playing on some track. Well, all you have to do is play this track, improvise over this one, do your best and show us your attitude, and the collaboration will ROCK in the end! biggrin.gif

* For this collab, I ask for help from both instructors and members to make it work. This track won't be that much without your contribution guys, so the more there are of us - the better! smile.gif

Here are some guidelines for this collab, to get you started:

1. Tempo is 150bpm
2. Key is C#m (relative major key is E major)
3. Track structure is: INTRO - VERSE - CHORUS - VERSE - CHORUS - OUTRO
4. You can choose to play over any part of the track, and loop it, and I will do my best to make room for all and edit the takes so that they all fit together nicely
5. I will need a video of you playing, and guitar track (without the backing)
6. Anything regarding scenery, your behaviour, tone, or ideas that you might have is up to you, be creative! However, if you insert inappropriate content I will need to blur it out biggrin.gif
7. Deadline for posting your takes is set to 5th of June!

If you have any questions, let me know, I'll be glad to hear out any suggestions of ideas regarding this track, and be glad to insert your solos or rhythm parts into the track! YouTube will decide if we did a good job! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 21 2011, 10:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 21 2011, 07:14 AM) *
The intro sounds almost like early Police mixed with Bad Brains mixed with Ivan!

I think we should make some IVAN RULES buttons and shirts. Better still, a regular collab series called IVAN'S RULES where Ivan makes up the rules to new collabs each few weeks, e.g. no distortion, no right hand work, only egyptian scales, etc.

Todd

Yes ! I thought it sounded like a rockier Police too smile.gif

Agreed. I think IVAN'S RULES is a great idea and would certainly help us break out of our comfort zones and explore some other areas of playing ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 21 2011, 11:40 AM
Instructor
Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like the track. It will be a lot better with the help of you guys! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:56 AM