Life And Music
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
As I have written in a previous thread, a very dear friend of my father's passed away last week. He was an incredibly amazing man - one of the most esteemed professors in Romania and the founder of a National Political and Administrative Sciences College. He fought cancer for about 11-12 years with a smile on his face, but it finally put him down at barely 70 years of age.

A few days before this event, I found the beautiful Iron Maiden cover by Ryan Adams, which I have already posted:

While attending the funeral ceremonies, this song kept coming back to me and I realized how precious some things really are, like spending time with your family and loved ones...One day, you might not be there anymore or they might not be there anymore, so no matter how busy you are, never forget that you should always take the time and just sit for a cup of coffee or tea with your mom, dad, grandma or grandpa. Or just go outside and play with your dogs or whatever other pets you have.

I am ashamed to admit that sometimes, I lose myself in what I do and I am so selfish with my time that I forget to spend this time with my close ones, even if we live in the same house...

This whole event made me realized this, so I hope I haven't bored you with my philosophical rantings.

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 7 2012, 09:32 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 7 2012, 01:55 PM) *
I am ashamed to admit that sometimes, I lose myself in what I do and I am so selfish with my time that I forget to spend this time with my close ones, even if we live in the same house...

I have to admit this too sad.gif I feel so ashamed now. I'll visit my grandparents now. Thanks Cosmin. We live very close by, hardly a minute's walk, but I rarely visit them, even though I have all the time in the world to do whatever I want, but I still don't. The guilt I feel. Plus me going to Russia soon makes everything more complicated. mellow.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Yash: Aug 7 2012, 09:33 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Aug 7 2012, 09:59 AM
That gave me goosebumps

Don't know what to say, a friend of mine committed suicide a month ago, He was a good songwriter for his age. A few
years ago we were really close and when I picked up the guitar 4 years ago he was there to help. The last months I hadn't spoken to him because we both were busy with other things we thought that were important. Now that he is gone I can blame myself for a lot of things. Not only the powerless feeling you get at the moment I heard it but also the importance of friendship.

I somethimes think life makes us forget what is really going on in here and I agree that we should ask our selfs more often what really is important in life. Because once it's gone you won't get it back.

I really thank you for sharing this Cosmin.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2012, 11:39 AM
Instructor
Oh man... sorry to hear that sad.gif I'm glad if my thoughts and ideas can help others, of course!

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Aug 7 2012, 12:27 PM
thanks Cosmin, means a lot. And to relate this with music, this song and its lyrics hit me a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2012, 01:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Aug 7 2012, 11:27 AM) *
thanks Cosmin, means a lot. And to relate this with music, this song and its lyrics hit me a lot.

Oh man....not this one sad.gif this is another powerful tearjerker for me sad.gif Don't get me wrong, I love the song!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 7 2012, 01:15 PM

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Aug 7 2012, 02:18 PM
I know sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 7 2012, 02:21 PM
The harsh realities of life sad.gif Sorry to hear about your friend Marc sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 7 2012, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Sad story Cosmin.. 11-12 yrs of fighting cancer, that's really heavy. What a brave dude. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2012, 07:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 7 2012, 03:49 PM) *
Sad story Cosmin.. 11-12 yrs of fighting cancer, that's really heavy. What a brave dude. smile.gif

Yes indeed he was, Ben... The only thing that I regret is not going to see him in the last 2-3 years. Just took to my own stuff and didn't realize that his body won't stand this enormous effort forever. He was the professor with which I have prepared my college degree work... and I know him since I was 5-6 years old.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 8 2012, 08:25 AM
Learning Roadie
This song wrecks me. Mindy wrote this for her mother when she was dying with cancer.

Everyday life is a dangerous beast that makes us focus on the little inconsequential things, when we should be concentrating on relationships and sharing.

This post has been edited by PosterBoy: Aug 8 2012, 08:28 AM

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 8 2012, 08:58 AM
Instructor
It does suck because we all get into our grooves where we just live our lives. Sometimes yes, we can get complacent but other times we're guilty of nothing other than just living our lives but when someone dies you can't help but feel guilt, even if you weren't complacent about them. We gotta remember that everybody can forget sometimes, even the ones who have lost their lives were like that sometimes too so I think the key is not to beat up yourself up with guilt but do treat it as a sign to value your life and relationships more. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2012, 11:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 8 2012, 07:58 AM) *
It does suck because we all get into our grooves where we just live our lives. Sometimes yes, we can get complacent but other times we're guilty of nothing other than just living our lives but when someone dies you can't help but feel guilt, even if you weren't complacent about them. We gotta remember that everybody can forget sometimes, even the ones who have lost their lives were like that sometimes too so I think the key is not to beat up yourself up with guilt but do treat it as a sign to value your life and relationships more. smile.gif

As usual, Ben has a healthy view over the matter. Thanks man, I mean, I was thinking the same, but somehow it felt selfish of me sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 8 2012, 11:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 8 2012, 11:00 AM) *
As usual, Ben has a healthy view over the matter. Thanks man, I mean, I was thinking the same, but somehow it felt selfish of me sad.gif

No, not at all. I think there's nothing better than knowing that somebody is out there, living their life and being happy. I'm sure if we could ask those that are no longer with us what they think, I'm sure they'd say that they were happy for us.

+Quote Post
jessi
Aug 8 2012, 07:08 PM
Hey Cos
I'm sorrry! mellow.gif
I know how you feel. My grandpa died a few month ago. He lived next door. And he was critically ill. I have tended him.
I went there to bed him every 3 hours. It was very exertive but I'm glad that I've still spend so much time with him. Cause he is away now and never comes back.
It is reassuring to know that they are in heaven now- without pain and harm. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 9 2012, 09:05 AM
Instructor
Hey Jessi, sorry to hear that sad.gif Well, indeed, if he is not suffering anymore it's clearly better.

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 9 2012, 09:19 AM
Sorry to hear that Jessi sad.gif I think suffering is worse than anything sad.gif I pray that he rests in peace now, with no suffering smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Aug 9 2012, 09:52 AM
I found a poem that somebody posted on the facebook of whom's boy committed suicide, I wanted to share this with you :

You can shed tears that he is gone
Or you can smile because he has lived

You can close your eyes and pray that he will come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that he has left

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him
Or you can be full of the love that you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember him and only that he is gone
Or you can cherish his memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what he would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 9 2012, 09:55 AM
Instructor
Indeed! Good post snackjacks! I always think that the religious funeral ceremonies are WAY TOO MUCH centered on HE/SHE IS GONE! DISASTER! instead of, helping people get past the difficult moment...This is always happening in here...We even have hired 'cryers' making a hell of a noise and screaming their lungs out...'Oh where are you going, where are you going!!' i am guessing this is pretty disturbing, but it's a common custom in the countryside...

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 9 2012, 09:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Aug 9 2012, 09:52 AM) *
I found a poem that somebody posted on the facebook of whom's boy committed suicide, I wanted to share this with you :

You can shed tears that he is gone
Or you can smile because he has lived

You can close your eyes and pray that he will come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all that he has left

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him
Or you can be full of the love that you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember him and only that he is gone
Or you can cherish his memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what he would want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

Wow.. can't really say a lot else. It speaks for itself.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:26 AM