> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Guitar1969 Mixed Guitarts Thread
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 26 2012, 11:00 AM
Instructor
Hey there Michael! Here is your personal thread! I named it so, because your goals are various and if pursued they can turn you into a guitARTIST biggrin.gif

we can improve anything, as long as you are ready to improve - patient and focused, so that progress may occur naturally wink.gif

Hillsong United biggrin.gif are you a part of that group? I have heard about them from my Baptist friends - I listen to a lot of Christian bands smile.gif

Now, let's see:

Speedpicking - I use AP, or more like economy picking across strings. Not looking to be a shredder but would like to add some faster runs here and there. I can probably only do 95-100 bpm on sixteenth notes right now.

Improvising melodically

Learning to change timings - going from 8ths to 16ths to triplets.

Use partial chord shapes - varying chords, like on highest and middle strings

Learning to use intervals in my playing (goes along with partial chord shapes)

Spice up my rythmn - Learn how to be proficient at extensions and licks while playing rythmn - Like Hendrix.

Better articulation fretting and picking - I seem to miss alot of notes, so I always just play it safe.

All of these are mainly phrasing related, but I was curious how much time do you have for practicing? In respect to this, together with you, I will think up a practice routine so that you may progress one step at a time.

all the best

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Guitar1969
Feb 26 2012, 07:27 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 26 2012, 02:00 AM) *
Hey there Michael! Here is your personal thread! I named it so, because your goals are various and if pursued they can turn you into a guitARTIST biggrin.gif

we can improve anything, as long as you are ready to improve - patient and focused, so that progress may occur naturally wink.gif

Hillsong United biggrin.gif are you a part of that group? I have heard about them from my Baptist friends - I listen to a lot of Christian bands smile.gif

Now, let's see:

Speedpicking - I use AP, or more like economy picking across strings. Not looking to be a shredder but would like to add some faster runs here and there. I can probably only do 95-100 bpm on sixteenth notes right now.

Improvising melodically

Learning to change timings - going from 8ths to 16ths to triplets.

Use partial chord shapes - varying chords, like on highest and middle strings

Learning to use intervals in my playing (goes along with partial chord shapes)

Spice up my rythmn - Learn how to be proficient at extensions and licks while playing rythmn - Like Hendrix.

Better articulation fretting and picking - I seem to miss alot of notes, so I always just play it safe.

All of these are mainly phrasing related, but I was curious how much time do you have for practicing? In respect to this, together with you, I will think up a practice routine so that you may progress one step at a time.

all the best

Cosmin

Cosmin:

Thanks for setting up.

I am not part of Hillsong United - They are actually a very popular worship band that is
geared for the younger generation, that is internationally recognized. Very riff oriented, dotted 8th note delay, ambient type stuff. Kind of U2 - Edge style which is my favorite guitarist. Some other Christian bands to check out that I think you would like are : Kutless - their older stuff, Switchfoot - newer stuff.

I think at this point I can safely dedicate 20-30 min a day of practice, and sometimes more - Definitely more on weekends. Because my time is limited I really want to focus my practice time to get the most out of it.

Your the boss, so lead the way.

Michael

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Guitar1969: Feb 26 2012, 07:29 PM

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2012, 12:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Feb 26 2012, 06:27 PM) *
Cosmin:

Thanks for setting up.

I am not part of Hillsong United - They are actually a very popular worship band that is
geared for the younger generation, that is internationally recognized. Very riff oriented, dotted 8th note delay, ambient type stuff. Kind of U2 - Edge style which is my favorite guitarist. Some other Christian bands to check out that I think you would like are : Kutless - their older stuff, Switchfoot - newer stuff.

I think at this point I can safely dedicate 20-30 min a day of practice, and sometimes more - Definitely more on weekends. Because my time is limited I really want to focus my practice time to get the most out of it.

Your the boss, so lead the way.

Michael

Hey Michael,

since your time is limited, I would suggest going for 3 lessons/ month, based on the things you wish to improve - is that a too much?

First of all, my mind is taking me to Ben Higgins' wonderful https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

this one will give you a wonderful and on the spot understanding and exercising of subdivision shifting wink.gif

Once you're done with this one, we can tackle another subject from your list biggrin.gif

what say you mate?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Feb 28 2012, 04:22 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 27 2012, 03:43 AM) *
Hey Michael,

since your time is limited, I would suggest going for 3 lessons/ month, based on the things you wish to improve - is that a too much?

First of all, my mind is taking me to Ben Higgins' wonderful https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

this one will give you a wonderful and on the spot understanding and exercising of subdivision shifting wink.gif

Once you're done with this one, we can tackle another subject from your list biggrin.gif

what say you mate?

Cosmin

Sounds Good - I should be able to manage 3 lessons a month, and then we can determine down the road if I can take on more. Ben's lesson sounds like a good place to start to determine what I already can do regarding AP and speedpicking. I do want to work on being able to switch timings fluidly for soloing - alternating easily between 8th notes, 16th notes, and 8th note triplets.

So should I only work on one lesson at a time or should I possibly do 2 at a time for variety. Also, how do I determine when I am ready to move on to another lesson?

I will get going on the lesson you gave me.

Thanks for all your help.

Michael

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 28 2012, 08:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:22 AM) *
Sounds Good - I should be able to manage 3 lessons a month, and then we can determine down the road if I can take on more. Ben's lesson sounds like a good place to start to determine what I already can do regarding AP and speedpicking. I do want to work on being able to switch timings fluidly for soloing - alternating easily between 8th notes, 16th notes, and 8th note triplets.

So should I only work on one lesson at a time or should I possibly do 2 at a time for variety. Also, how do I determine when I am ready to move on to another lesson?

I will get going on the lesson you gave me.

Michael

Good morning Michael - well, if you could record yourself while playing it would be a great way for knowing when you are ready to move on to a different lesson, so, tell me, can you video record? The quality does not matter, as long as I can see and hear what you are playing wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Feb 28 2012, 11:19 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 27 2012, 11:25 PM) *
Good morning Michael - well, if you could record yourself while playing it would be a great way for knowing when you are ready to move on to a different lesson, so, tell me, can you video record? The quality does not matter, as long as I can see and hear what you are playing wink.gif

all the best

Cosmin

I think I can figure out how record video and audio together - I have been reading the posts and such on this as I was planning to get going on the REC and Collabs at some point. I have the equipment and the interfaces, just need to figure out how to combine a separate audio and video feed so my guitar part and backing will sound better than what my Webcam would produce audiowise (Looks like I can do it in Movie Maker)

So how does the mentoring work on an ongoing basis - Do we just touch base weekly or so, unless I am having a problem with the current lesson and reach out

I am all set at this point and am getting down to practicing that first lesson.

Michael

--------------------

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Cosmin Lupu   Guitar1969 Mixed Guitarts Thread   Feb 26 2012, 11:00 AM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Feb 28 2012, 10:19 PM...   Feb 29 2012, 08:21 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Guitar1969   Got it - On that first lesson I am okay with the 8...   Feb 29 2012, 10:15 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Feb 29 2012, 09:15 PM...   Mar 1 2012, 09:21 AM
nnn
- - Guitar1969   Cosmin: I actually have been focussing more time...   Mar 2 2012, 08:07 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Mar 2 2012, 07:07 PM)...   Mar 3 2012, 02:38 PM
nnn
- - Guitar1969   Cosmin: Just checking in with you. I am still wo...   Mar 8 2012, 12:07 AM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Mar 7 2012, 11:07 PM)...   Mar 8 2012, 09:52 AM
|- - Guitar1969   Cosmin: Here is a link to my first video, playin...   Mar 12 2012, 07:20 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Guitar1969   Cosmin: How's it going? I was just checking ...   Mar 14 2012, 07:45 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Mar 14 2012, 06:45 PM...   Mar 15 2012, 08:56 AM
nnn
- - Guitar1969   Cosmin: No worries on the delay - I thought you mi...   Mar 15 2012, 06:59 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Mar 15 2012, 05:59 PM...   Mar 16 2012, 11:28 AM
nnn
- - Guitar1969   Sounds Good. I like that lesson and will get righ...   Mar 16 2012, 09:04 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Mar 16 2012, 08:04 PM...   Mar 17 2012, 10:17 AM
nnn
- - Guitar1969   Cosmin: I seem to be picking up some speed on th...   Mar 23 2012, 09:32 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey mate check this out: - this is how you'r...   Mar 25 2012, 12:03 AM
- - Guitar1969   Thanks for clarifying. it definitely is harder to...   Mar 26 2012, 10:14 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Mar 26 2012, 09:14 PM...   Mar 27 2012, 10:58 AM
nnn
- - Guitar1969   Sounds good. By the way, the laat sentence in you...   Mar 28 2012, 10:58 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Mar 28 2012, 09:58 PM...   Mar 29 2012, 12:24 AM
nnn
- - Guitar1969   Cosmin: Just wanted to let you know I am still ar...   Apr 19 2012, 12:41 AM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey mate! glad to have you back on track...   Apr 19 2012, 11:15 AM
|- - Guitar1969   QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 19 2012, 03:15 A...   Apr 20 2012, 10:57 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hola! mate, progress is creeping slowly, but ...   Apr 21 2012, 12:16 PM
- - Guitar1969   Cosmin: I am going to keep at the 2 lessons you ga...   May 3 2012, 08:53 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey mate! Variation is crucial otherwise you...   May 4 2012, 08:42 AM
- - Guitar1969   Sounds good - Glad you didn't assign me that 4...   May 5 2012, 06:53 AM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Easy does it my friend we'll get to that soon...   May 5 2012, 05:54 PM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:53 AM