Every Time, Takayoshi Ohmura
Ayen
Jan 13 2009, 12:39 AM
GMC:er
Hi there guys, I hope some of you still remember me! I've been listening to Takayoshi Ohmura more and more and I really like his style, and I think it's getting me closer to developing my own. I've been trying to learn to play Every Time (Youtube link here) and it's certainly tough. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this, or perhaps has a tab?

Also, would it be worth making a suggestion post of a Takayoshi Ohmura style lesson?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 14 2009, 03:44 PM
Instructor
He has a nice, melodic songwriting style. Very cool player smile.gif

Thanks for sharing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 14 2009, 05:15 PM
Instructor
Great player, never heard of him.
Thanks for sharing this!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Ayen
Jan 15 2009, 05:33 PM
No problem guys, a friend and I are working on tabbing this song out. By tomorrow we should have most of the song, just send me a PM and I'll give you the tab.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
SensE
Feb 8 2009, 01:19 AM
Man, how can I miss this thread. I just browse to his video accidently. I'm really amazed of his unique and grovvy pattern. Japan has many talented guitarist, this is undeniable.

This is a link to his myspace. There is more songs available for listening.

http://www.myspace.com/takayoshiohmura

P/S: "Every time" is still my favourite of all time

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 8 2009, 01:25 AM
Thanks for sharing man! Great stuff and I must admit, Japan doesn't bring up only tasteless shredders after all.

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 8 2009, 01:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
WoW! That is awesome! He plays everything so clean, I love it

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
SensE
Feb 8 2009, 01:38 AM
I'm going to buy his album. Looking on the website to get the best deal. I really like how he implemented grovving, melody and technique into 1 piece. After listening to the full song (Every time) in myspace with vocal on, I like it even more. The intro,riffs, solo, and the ending is jus so nicely done. Man, such a master piece.

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 9 2009, 02:26 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Very nice melody lines...Thanks for sharing smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 9 2009, 02:28 AM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Jan 13 2009, 12:39 AM) *
Hi there guys, I hope some of you still remember me! I've been listening to Takayoshi Ohmura more and more and I really like his style, and I think it's getting me closer to developing my own. I've been trying to learn to play Every Time (Youtube link here) and it's certainly tough. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this, or perhaps has a tab?

Also, would it be worth making a suggestion post of a Takayoshi Ohmura style lesson?

do you realize that wow has over 212 days of your life... and thats divided by 24 hours in a day... If you take out sleep in that time you have lost over a year of your life playing wow

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:50 AM