Cool Story About Carolina Liar, And how important it is to believe!
Alex Feather
Dec 16 2011, 02:18 PM
Instructor
I have an interesting story! It happened a few years ago when I just moved to LA and was trying to make it as a musician, I was trying to find gigs on the Craigslist and was taking anything I could find! I found an ad saying that new band is looking for a guitar player I went to an audition and met a very nice guy named Chad Wolf he just moved from Carolina and he was so poor that he had to live in his car and was barely making it... We jammed a bit and had a nice chat! I got another opportunity to go on tour and decided to pass on the gig with him but we stayed in touch and were talking once in a while! And guess what!? Year later I'm driving in my car and I hear the song on the radio very familiar song the one I was learning and playing a year ago with Chad! I called him up and turned out to be that he was performing at the coffe shop in Hollywood and the guy name Max Martin came in he heard him play and offered a record deal with Atlantic records! Chad said yes and he is a celebrity now! smile.gif
We still friends and I got a few gigs because of him but what I learned from this is that you have to believe in yourself and that everything is possible, you ,iChat have to struggle for a while but in the end of the day you will be rewarded!!!!
Keep believing!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 19 2011, 03:49 PM
Instructor
wow! great story! being in LA is great as well! but you definitely prove a point there, determination pays off!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 20 2011, 05:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Dec 19 2011, 02:49 PM) *
wow! great story! being in LA is great as well! but you definitely prove a point there, determination pays off!

Yeah! Believing in yourself is a very important thing! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 20 2011, 11:11 PM
Instructor
We all need to go to Hollywood! biggrin.gif

All jokes aside, this is very nice motivational story. It does pay out to push things and advance, and be patient. Time will come for big gigs for those who work hard.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 21 2011, 12:17 AM
Instructor
Nice story man,very motivating smile.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 26 2011, 08:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Dec 20 2011, 11:17 PM) *

Yeah when I feel like everything is falling apart it makes me remember that miracles can happen!!!!

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Dec 20 2011, 11:17 PM) *

Yeah when I feel like everything is falling apart it makes me remember that miracles can happen!!!!

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 26 2011, 09:27 AM
Learning Roadie
That's awesome mate. All you need is one song to get peoples attention..... sky is the limit

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 26 2011, 09:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 26 2011, 08:27 AM) *
That's awesome mate. All you need is one song to get peoples attention..... sky is the limit

Exactly!! But you never know when you will write this song! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:37 AM