Problem Regarding Smells
JCJXXL
Mar 28 2008, 02:02 PM
GMC:er
The problem I have regarding Smells is that he is not a GMC instructor.
Why is that?

I've been a member for a while and am actually embarrassed at the fact that I've rarely gone to the Student Instructor board. I've actually forgotten about it sad.gif

Today I stumbled across a couple of Smells videos/instructions. He's not Steve Vai (no one is) but he has quite a bit to offer the students of GMC. I like the way he explains things,etc. rather just playing through and leaving it at that.

Good job with the lessons Smells! Keep it up!

And just out of curiousity, do we have any current instructors who were former students? I think the idea of a student learning and achieving the ability to become an instructor is cool.

SMELLS - I knew the topic name would grab your attention smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 28 2008, 02:07 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
laugh.gif laugh.gif

you almost had me there!!

this was me opening the forum up just then mellow.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif then biggrin.gif laugh.gif

thank you mate, few more to come and some other members posting some cool lessons in the Student Instructor board also.

thanks smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 28 2008, 02:14 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
laugh.gif I reacted like - Whaaaat??? when reading the subject.

Smells, you always were a problem laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 28 2008, 02:15 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 28 2008, 01:14 PM) *
Smells, you always were a problem laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I`m so troublesome sad.gif I`m sorry sad.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Mar 28 2008, 02:19 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 28 2008, 08:14 AM) *
laugh.gif I reacted like - Whaaaat??? when reading the subject.

LOL!!! That was my intent....to get this post some attention...

Seems to be working.. Kris where are you? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 28 2008, 03:48 PM
Instructor
This is really great topic and input,
our mate Chris is doing awesome job on aspiring lessons!! smile.gif

Also I hope he will continue this way and so one day he's gonna contact Kris about "real" deal. biggrin.gif

Thumbs up!!! wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 29 2008, 01:01 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 28 2008, 02:48 PM) *
our mate Chris is doing awesome job on aspiring lessons!! smile.gif

Also I hope he will continue this way and so one day he's gonna contact Kris about "real" deal. biggrin.gif

Thumbs up!!! wink.gif

Thanks Muris & thanks JCJXXL for making this thread, I dont really know what to think/say about this tbh, I`m enjoying "where I`m at" atm if that makes sense, making a few lessons is great for advancement, helps me develop as a player myself also.

Maybe when I can play Muris`s AP etude lesson at 150bpm I`ll think about it a little more wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 29 2008, 02:39 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator

Maybe when I can play Muris`s AP etude lesson at 150bpm I`ll think about it a little more wink.gif laugh.gif
[/quote]

What? You can only be a few BPM's away! Better get to thinking laugh.gif Looks like you might be called to duty by popular demand. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Mar 29 2008, 03:48 PM
Being able to teach and get your message across to a student so they understand is not something that comes automatically because you play guitar. Some people have an ability to teach, some don't.

In my line of work I frequently find myself in a position where I have to explain things to people who are not familiar with my area of work. I can't use terminology or wording that someone else who works in my field would understand. I have to take the time to explain things in easy to understand terms and the way I word things or present ideas has to be at their level. You should see the excitement alot of them experience when they finally understand something because someone took the time and cared enough to explain it in a way they could understand. I think the excitement is sometimes magnified because they have had others in the past who have failed to get them to understand. Sounds alot like learning guitar eh? smile.gif

Smells, I like the way you explain things. When some people teach I think they forget that just saying the words to cover a topic and get it over with is not teaching. The message has to be understood at the other end by the student.

I started this topic after I stumbled across a couple of your posts. I thought, Hey here's a guy who understands the importance about getting the message across. Not just saying the words.

There is no other place in the world whether online or not like GMC. GMC has the best instructors, the best students, the best community. We are all very fortunate to have the means to be here. All of those providing instruction (whether students or instructors) are very much appreciated. But I wanted to give Smells his "moment in the spotlight"... LOL!!!

Smells thank you for your contributions! Keep up the good work!

I'm ending this post now before some of the members start to think you paid me to say those things wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 29 2008, 03:54 PM
Instructor
I agree, the lessons you put Smells are very nicely put so the people can easily understand them. Again it is not always the difficulty of the lesson (although it is important factor nevertheless), it is the basic concept and the amount of stuff that you can learn form the lesson that counts.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 29 2008, 04:01 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Mar 28 2008, 05:02 AM) *
The problem I have regarding Smells is that he is not a GMC instructor.
Why is that?

I've pretty much nagged him for awhile to do that as well laugh.gif

At least now we still have some lessons from him, that are awesome!! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:11 PM