Praticing 16th Note Triplets
madspoulsen
Feb 23 2010, 05:48 PM
GMC:er
Hey Muris!

I am praticing your Beginner solo in D at the moment, and i almost nailed it, but i am having troubles with the 16th note triplet run. The deal is, that i can only execute the run at the speed of 60 bmp, and i need to increase that to 70. I know one way is to practice by metronome and slowly increase the beat rate, but i was wondering if i could practice it in a more effiecient way? Do you have any suggestions or is that the best way to practice it?

Fantastic lesson btw smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar: Fender Stratocaster
Amp: Fender hot rod deluxe
Effects: TC-Electronic nova system
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 23 2010, 05:55 PM
Instructor
Hello. smile.gif

It's bit hard for me to tell for sure cause I can't see,
would be great if you could post a video but it's not the must.
Anyways, the most efficient way to improve thing is to practice, no other way.
What people often do is to push themselves above the limit (70-80 bpm in your case),
just to see how it feels to play it faster than usual.
Since those triplets are the fastest part in that lesson (I think)
I believe it's above your current limits.
But good thing is, you can change your limit tomorrow, even today!
Practice more, push it higher if you want but try to keep it as clean and accurate as possible,
it'll come. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
madspoulsen
Feb 23 2010, 08:19 PM
Wow, what a quick answer!

Yes, the lesson is a little above my limits, but i guess it is a good thing, if i want to develop my guitar skills, right? smile.gif

I don't have any cam or recording gear, so i have to leave you by this. But thank you for the answer! I will keep practicing the run along with a metronom and try push myself a little. Old fashion hard work smile.gif

Actually Muris, i have one last question for you. It is a general question about my right hand. I rest my right hand near the bridge, where it feels comfortable, but when i am picking the low e and a string, my palm mutes the string, if i keep resting the hand on the bridge. So therefore, i have to lift my hand a little, in order to get a clean sound from the string(s). My hand doesn't feel like resting, when i have to lift it, so my question is - how do you move your right hand, when picking the 2 strings i mentioned?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 24 2010, 12:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (madspoulsen @ Feb 23 2010, 08:19 PM) *
Actually Muris, i have one last question for you. It is a general question about my right hand. I rest my right hand near the bridge, where it feels comfortable, but when i am picking the low e and a string, my palm mutes the string, if i keep resting the hand on the bridge. So therefore, i have to lift my hand a little, in order to get a clean sound from the string(s). My hand doesn't feel like resting, when i have to lift it, so my question is - how do you move your right hand, when picking the 2 strings i mentioned?

It seems that you're holding your hand similar the way I do it,
resting it near/above bridge.
There are 2 ways to avoid muting on low E and A strings:
1- slightly move your hand higher on guitar body when playing those 2 strings
2- roll your fist a little until your palm moves away from those strings

After a while it'll become natural, keep it up. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 24 2010, 12:45 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hi mad, wink.gif

just wanted to add in because I have been on the same boat 6 months ago though my bpm limit was like 100-110bpm at that time. For 15 years, I have been thinking ok this is my limit and cannot cross it. But after doing Muris's lessons and excercises and pushing myself I can now play 150bpm and striving to reach 170 very soon (daring to try his Level 9 lesson). I know its crazy but until you push yourself and have the will the break that limit, it will not be possible. Practice practice is the key as Muris said.

It will pain. Your arms will ache. Your fingers get raped. You will want to give up and throw the guitar. But have patience and work towards it, you will appreciate all the hard work. I did.

Btw, get a webcam/video camera if you can. It helps tremendously to improve the playing style and if you can post RECs, that is even better. Feedback helps a lot.

Good Luck!

Chandra

This post has been edited by maharzan: Feb 24 2010, 12:48 AM

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
madspoulsen
Feb 28 2010, 03:36 PM
Thank you for the answers, both of you!

The way you suggest to avoid muting the strings, Muris, is already the way i do it. So i will just keep it that way smile.gif

I can only agree with all that you wrote, Chandra. I know the only road to become better is practice pratice and practice. I am just always looking for the most effecient way of praticing. I try challenge myself as much as possibly, and it surely works. I have had a lot of progression since i signed up for GMC. I think i will get a videocamera soon, so i can record some of my takes of the different lessons. Feedback is indeed a great help!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:51 AM