2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Playing Guitar And Bodybuilding?
JmFernandez
Nov 14 2009, 10:06 PM
GMC:er
Hi... I have no problem with training and play ....
You´ll gain more power on your arms, slow is an urban legend ...

keep rockin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

My youtube Guitar Covers

My facebook
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MirkoSchmidt
Nov 20 2009, 11:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
thats sounds very good for me! glad to hear that!!!

Ok, JMFernandez, i believe you! you look very strong!!!! nice picture man! huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MirkoSchmidt: Nov 20 2009, 11:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 21 2009, 12:12 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (JmFernandez @ Nov 14 2009, 03:06 PM) *
slow is an urban legend

It's a misunderstanding of how the muscles work. Folks that never dabbled in body building don't always understand that in order to build muscle, you have to tear it and provide your body with the fuel to rebuild it. Further, if I get this right, the periods of fatigue after someone first gets started with exercise will be longer until they are more used to the cycle of tearing/rebuilding.

So, and again: if I understand it fully, there may be some slowness after exercising the first few days while the muscles are fatigued and torn. Once they've been built up you will be in better shape so those periods will be shorter AND you'll have done it from a stronger base of muscle.

The "legend" comes in when people suggest that it makes you slow forever which is (as you suggest) ridiculous. That part of the legend is nonsense which appears to have been fabricated by scrawny guys who wanted to believe that they truly had some hidden physical advantage without any training.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:35 AM