Bending/vibrato, technique thread
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 9 2011, 08:44 AM
Instructor

One thing is for certain: There is no good guitar player without good bending/vibrato technique, wouldn't you agree?

Here's a topic where we can discuss various aspects of bending/vibrato techniques. You know that people bend/vibrate strings in various different ways, in order to create good sound. Here we can post our findings about vibrato technique. Don't be shy to let us know what you have discovered about it (how to practice, to nail the sound right etc..), because it can help players who are just starting to learn it.

Here are couple of tips from me for exercises, and I hope you will find it helpful:

- Place your pinky finger on the 8th fret of the high E string
- Place your ring finger on the 8th fret of the B string
- Place the index and middle fingers as a support behind the ring finger
- Then while fretting with the pinky, slowly bend the B string to a whole step - be careful not to bend with the pinky, that is the essential part.
- Use other fingers behind the ring to support the bend on the B string
- Take a metronome and practice this bending of the B string at 60bpm tempo. Like before do this while fretting and holding the 8th fret of the high E string with the pinky. It may need some time to do it right, without actually bending the E string as well, but with a few days you should have no problems doing this mate.
Bending/Vibrato example (this video example is not of best quality, but displays a way of practice nicely).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Ivan Milenkovic   Bending/vibrato   Jul 9 2011, 08:44 AM
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:27 PM