> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Yash's Preparation Spot
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2012, 01:52 PM
Instructor
Yes of course smile.gif

You have to isolate each part of the lesson and work on it at a slow tempo, once you get it to the original tempo tou can use the same process for each part and then try to link them together at a slow speed. Work your way up until you reach the desired speed. Take care on focusing on timing, tightness and accuracy smile.gif send me anything you got. We are going from the bottom up, so don't be afraid, k?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yash
May 5 2012, 06:17 PM
GMC:er
K, but these three lessons are gonna take time....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2012, 07:49 PM
Instructor
Yes they are! Yash, your journey will not happen over night wink.gif give yourself time as you are not in a competition with anyone but yourself smile.gif piece by piece, get things flowing. And when you will start feeling you are losing patience, that's when the true battle with yourself will be taking place wink.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
May 9 2012, 07:26 AM
And I always tend to lose that true battle, ALWAYS... I'll try my best, but changing open chords is such a pain, Power chords are much better....

This post has been edited by Yash: May 9 2012, 08:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 9 2012, 09:56 AM
Instructor
smile.gif Relax little friend smile.gif it's not difficult, it's just new for you - give it time and it will settle!

Regarding the Youtube upload - you can upload it like that and Youtube will take care of the compression out of what I know - give it a try and let me know how it went wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
May 9 2012, 10:35 AM
Here's the C Major Scale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6mJ5WVbkmk...eature=youtu.be

I've posted the take at lesson page too, a rec thread was created. Vote and review and grade me

This post has been edited by Yash: May 9 2012, 10:38 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
May 10 2012, 07:28 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 9 2012, 05:31 PM) *
Hey Yash! Congrats on your first REC take my little friend smile.gif I observe general good timing, aside from a little slip at second 0.23.

You should focus on learning how to execute vibrato using your wrist and also...a bit of a check on the guitar tuning before recording would be very good!

Nice effort on the first REC take Yash - let's discuss further in your mentoring thread mate smile.gif

Cosmin

Hey, thanks for watching, voting and tips big bro, I'll be watching and learning from Ben's vibrato lesson. Let's discuss the take in the thread.
I have never been able to do the vibrato like you everyone else does, so I learnt myself and do the way I do, but I am keen on learning it.

And about the tuning, it was in tune a few minutes before the take, but when I started recording, just before I started to have a little fun, bent the B string and it went out of tune, and I realized after watching the take... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 10 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
Hey Yash, good morning to you - if it's morning over there smile.gif it is over here and I am enjoying a big mug of coffee with lots of milk.

As I already told you - your timing seems to be almost perfect - with a bit more practice, you'll be better and better wink.gif

I think you got what it takes to develop yourself, but you have to work hard little bro smile.gif

About vibrato, I got something for you which will show you a bit of focused bending and vibrato mechanics - would you please take some time and analyze this little video?

After watching carefully and seeing the movements and positioning of my hands, choose some notes, whichever you like and try to bend and vibrate like I am doing it in the video smile.gif then, record yourself and let's discuss over your take wink.gif after that we can go on to Ben's more advanced stuff biggrin.gif but I am very keen on getting you to understand the basics - wrist not fingers, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
May 10 2012, 08:07 AM
Got it, and yes its morning over here... just turned afternoon.... I'll be back after some hours...... with the vid and playing...
gotta go back to study now..... see ya later in the day.... and Cosmin could you pre-pone your chat session today by at least 3 or 4 hours, if thats convenient, so that I can attend.... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
May 10 2012, 02:32 PM
Hey Cosmin, was just wondering, but what gear have you got....
I mean the guitars, the amps etc. etc.
You seem to have a lot of PRS

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 10 2012, 02:49 PM
Instructor
Hey there little bro smile.gif

Alright, as guitars, I got a PRS Paul Allender, a PRS Custom 24 (this one is not entirely mine - but I am allowed to use it by the PRS dealer), an Ibanez JEM 777SK, a Gibson acoustic copy made in Romania back in 1976 (it's wonderful instrument) and the Ibanez MMM baritone.

I got a Crate Blue Voodoo 120 Amp head and cabinet - 4x12 Celestion V30 speakers, a Marshal AVT 50 combo and an AMT SS20 preamp

As pedalboard, I am using the PS55 from SKB and a few pedals from MXR, Hardwire, Suhr, Korg and ISP.

As strings I am using Elixir

that's about it, I guess

Cosmin

PS: I am dreaming of a Mesa Boogie biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
May 10 2012, 02:58 PM
Nice, thanks for the gear list, and what about the chat ?
and what amp you'd suggest me to get. budget I already told you. anywhere between $3000 - $10000

I am dreaming of a Mesa Road King and/or a IIC+ (if I am lucky enough) or a JVM 410H
Guitar wise, a Jackson King V, a soloist, PRS are too expensive, but their quilts are KILLER.
Effects and pedals, too confused.

And what about Vid chat session, is it worth it ? I mean I dont know theory at all..... So, is it worth it for me at this stage.

This post has been edited by Yash: May 10 2012, 03:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 11 2012, 09:39 AM
Instructor
Hey Yash, the video chat session is focusing on modes at this point, so I think that you would not benefit too much of the content, as long as we are focusing on a different matter and you have to work on the theoretical basics. So, don't worry about missing it... yet smile.gif

Regarding the amp - don't go spending too much money yet smile.gif I think a good old tube Marshall can work extraordinarily and it won't cost a fortune. If you are willing to spend 10000 bucks on an amp, PRS guitars are far less expensive than that wink.gif

But anyway, I think a good guitar and a decent amp would make justice at this point - A PRS SE, if you like PRS guitars, can go up to 1000 dollars and a good combo amp can take you to the same 1000 dollars - especially that your dad doesn't like big fat guitar sounds smile.gif

What do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
May 24 2012, 03:24 PM
Hey Cosmin, I am back big brother.
I am still working on that open chords lesson, still a pain to switch chords.
And my budget's gonna go down, coz value of Rupee is declining (Damn the RBI), its making me poor.
And I am not eyeing on a PRS yet, gotta get a Jackson King V first
And dont worry about my dad, I am gonna get a seperate room for playing, wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2012, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Hey little bro, everything alright? smile.gif You know, it would be great if you could record the lesson at this stage so that we can analyze it together wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Yash
May 25 2012, 07:50 AM
Um, ok, as you say.

Edit: Sorry won't be able to record, something's wrong with the camera.

This post has been edited by Yash: May 25 2012, 08:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2012, 02:18 PM
Instructor
Can it be fixed? If not, just record audio straight into the PC if you can smile.gif it is good also wink.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
May 25 2012, 02:39 PM
I dont think anythings much wrong with the camera, the SD card is full laugh.gif Dad'll first empty it then I can use it. I'll do it as soon as possible.
On recording on PC, no, last time I attempted, I got a kinda mild shock when I touched a string (some problem with earth or leakage maybe, gotta get it fixed soon, thanks for reminding).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2012, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Oh my...Yash, I don't wanna get you killed man.. sad.gif ok, record the vid then biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
May 25 2012, 04:47 PM
Why would I be killed man ????? tongue.gif
Its gonna be late, oz I have the main exam on 1st and dad probably wont let me record, but I can do almost anything starting 1st June, next Friday, I am very excited. laugh.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif

I was wondering can you make me riff along Megadeth tunes like Holy Wars, In My Darkest Hour, Hangar 18 etc. etc. by October, if I'll be able to give over 6 hours of in June and probably July too, or may be even more. smile.gif biggrin.gif

I am gonna ask Gabriel the same about my lead playing....

And can I get lifetime GMC membership ???? You guys have made me so much better and I am looking to play lead guitar in Hangar 18 by the end of the year, will I be able to do that ???? Thanks guys.

Oh and yeah, I am gonna start a thread about my guitar time management soon, be sure to check and reply and help me out(I know you will bro wink.gif ). I need to get organized.

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:08 AM