> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Technique And Orchestration With Rated Htr
Rated Htr
Sep 28 2014, 01:51 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I always practice with the original recording first, I learn every lesson by ear so I can improve my ear training as well, like I always did. I'll give it a run down in the afternoon after resting my fingers a bit more and tomorrow I'll give it another go for REC. After that is back to focusing on the Muris Timing Exercise. I've managed to bump up the last lick to 60bpms but after that I feel confuse about what approach I should have regarding fast picking. Sometimes It seems better to let loose and just try to move the wrist, other times I want to move the thumb to have more accurancy. Shall I also record the lick in question at multiple times to give you an idea? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 29 2014, 11:08 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, the vibrato lesson is on REC. I'm still gonna keep working on it until my fingers don't hurt anymore smile.gif Time for the timing exercise. Still going at it with the 32th note lick at the end. Can you suggest some other lesson for me to tackle at the same time since I presume this one might take a while to get the last lick on tempo? I'm still gonna practice it side by side. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 29 2014, 04:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Sep 28 2014, 12:51 PM) *
I always practice with the original recording first, I learn every lesson by ear so I can improve my ear training as well, like I always did. I'll give it a run down in the afternoon after resting my fingers a bit more and tomorrow I'll give it another go for REC. After that is back to focusing on the Muris Timing Exercise. I've managed to bump up the last lick to 60bpms but after that I feel confuse about what approach I should have regarding fast picking. Sometimes It seems better to let loose and just try to move the wrist, other times I want to move the thumb to have more accurancy. Shall I also record the lick in question at multiple times to give you an idea? smile.gif

Hey mate! Just graded the take in the REC zone - it'll take a bit more work to get it flowing, so don't leave it yet wink.gif Ok? Keep it in the practice journal, as it will need more time, just like both me and Gabi have pointed out.

About picking - well, there are days and days smile.gif I usually use my wrist, but to be honest, I haven't been working on my picking in a long time, as in the last year or so, I have been more interested to write my own music and learn how to sing and play in the same time as proficient as possible wink.gif I think that this lesson from Darius will shed a bit of light on things:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...Picking-Basics/

What do you think? As for a new exercise, how about this one? smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Intervals-Etude/

It will most likely take you through some unexpected situations in terms of alternate picking - let me know if it feels to easy, ok?

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 30 2014, 10:32 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, just to give you an update.

The Intervals Etude was loads of fun to learn, really did a number on my ear. Also I transposed it since you were playing on a different tunning, hope that's ok. I should have a video tomorrow. I can already play it at full speed, just cleaning it up, specially on the 3rd part where it's the most unexpect situation for my fingers.

Also, as an added bonus, I noticed when I wanted to go down (or up) after finishing a "combination" that I wanted to mantain the same type of picking (outside picking) so I forced myself to do the inside where it should happen, hence more practice. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Sep 30 2014, 12:16 PM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 30 2014, 01:31 PM
Instructor
Wow - you nailed it already? That sounds amazing and I am very curious to see how you are faring with it smile.gif I don't mind the transposition at all, I am curious to see how clean you can play it and how the timing feels wink.gif So, ready to see it when you are, before placing it in the REC zone, of course - deal?

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Sep 30 2014, 01:57 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Sure, no worries. Well, like I said, the 3rd part is the tricky one for my kind of fingering. The 3rds at the end I already did before and the 4ths is easy, the only thing I'm working there is trying to mute unwanted noises. The beginning was a matter of getting used to it but let's see how it works out smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2014, 09:27 AM
Instructor
Working with intervals is a totally different animal, because it involves different dynamics then the ones present in playing adjacent notes or even adjacent strings smile.gif I have another one for ya after you finish this one wink.gif In the same manner but trickier biggrin.gif What do you say?

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 1 2014, 10:32 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Sounds good to me, here's my take as we discussed. If you think it's good enough for REC, let me know, I can always record a new one.

Notes:
- I really get nervous when I record for some reason. I'm satisfied with this take but I know I can do a lot better.
- I missed the note that was gonna start the 3rds and there is some noise here and there that I know I can avoid but overall, just wanted to give you an idea of how I am with it at the moment.

Also, I'm quite happy at how my videos are turning out. Despite not having the best materials for videos, I'm happy that they look at least, more than amateur to my eyes so to speak, just need to find out what's that motion blur kinda of thing that happens from time to time smile.gif.

Bring on the next one if you think it's time smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rated Htr: Oct 1 2014, 10:35 AM

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 2 2014, 08:44 AM
Instructor
Hey matey!

This sounds nice to my ears - indeed, it can be done cleaner and I also heard that missed note, but for the amount of time it took to get to this level, I think it's a great progress! Here's what I have in mind - take a bit more time to clean this one up and prepare a REC take and then we'll move one to the trickier one wink.gif Deal? About the vids - they look nice but, I think that you can experiment with the lighting a bit more. I am not an expert on this, as I always work with pros in the field, friends of mine who really know what they are doing in respect to lighting and that has led me a to become lazy in my interests towards this field smile.gif But, there are a lot of tutorials from which you can learn a lot in respect to lighting - here are two interesting ones:

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 2 2014, 01:17 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, thank you for the videos, unfortunately I don't have as many lights as they request for the task but I can work with what I have at the moment.

Here's a new take and some notes:

- I changed the tone to try and force myself to pick harder so I could hear the notes better.
- Still have some noise essues here and there,specially when I'm string skipping on the same fret.

I would like your input on this, I've been just playing it with the backing track and the original video at the original tempo. Before that I slowed down to get everything right, do you think I should do takes with lesser speed or should I move on to the next task? Either way I'm happy to oblige smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 3 2014, 11:32 AM
Instructor
Heeey biggrin.gif The tone suits the piece MUCH better, but you have a certain slight lag when playing it now smile.gif I think you should stick with it a little longer in order to make it sounds clean and in good timing. I know that using a tone with less gain is harder on the hands, but once you master using it, nothing can stop you!

Don't try to rush this process - try to take more time and even play with the original recording in order to gain some wind in the sails. Then when you feel very relaxed with it, try to record once more smile.gif

Deal?

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 3 2014, 04:25 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey man, sure thing, I'll keep doing it. I'll post a video when I think I'm good smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2014, 07:08 AM
Instructor
That sounds perfect - don't let your usual fast pace take lead here wink.gif I know you are a fast learner, but in this situation, we are discussing about allowing the body to learn and become natural with something, which might take some time.

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 4 2014, 06:21 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, just wanted to let you know that I'm still going at it and to prevent my fast pace take as you said, I'll withdraw from recording a take until Monday or Tuesday, in order to have more days to train. So far, I can tell the difference by comparing to the first take smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2014, 11:53 AM
Instructor
Hey bro, that's excellent! I am glad to hear that patience and hard work are paying off wink.gif

Usually, we have (me included, more often than not biggrin.gif) an impulse to 'get things over with and move on' - but getting things over with is not really the idea here, so I am glad that you have decided to take things step by step and put in some more time and focus on details.

Let me know when you are ready, ok?

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 7 2014, 10:59 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Cosmin, hope you're doing good smile.gif

As we discussed, here's my take after a few more days practicing.

Some notes:

- I tried to play as relaxed as possible and, I can tell I'm much less nervous as I was when I recorded the first take, which is good smile.gif.
- I still attack some notes harder than others but overall I think it's a great take compared to the previous ones.

Let me know what you think.

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 7 2014, 03:41 PM
Instructor
Hey buddy!

I think you've done really well in terms of evenness and dynamics - you seem very relaxed and it can be felt in your playing, but now, you need to focus on pulse. You are THIS little behind the beat smile.gif Just rush a tiny bit and you'll be ok with everything! Congrats on the fine tuning efforts here!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 7 2014, 03:41 PM

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 7 2014, 03:43 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks man smile.gif

If that's the case, shall I record another one and post that one on REC?

Do you think you can give me the other lesson you had in mind now or do you reckon I should still pass some time on this one? smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 8 2014, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, sure thing - try to record this one and please focus on it, so that you may finish it as close to perfection as possible - about the other one wink.gif I will ask you to wait until we're done with this one - you need to be able to focus on one thing only, so that you may play it perfectly. I know you want to start something else, but at this point, you need to give that extra something to this lesson so that you may finish it nicely. Deal?

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 9 2014, 12:24 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Here's a new take Cosmin smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:33 PM