> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Spasemoonkey's Preparation Frenzy
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2012, 12:11 PM
Instructor
If you an feel your progress, that's great! smile.gif Now that I have this version at hand, we can try and analyze the progress counting from the next ones biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 6 2012, 01:32 PM
GMC:er
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/cosmin-voice-06

Here we go, new recording, on mesa, with the Ibanez!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 7 2012, 08:00 AM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Travis, let's try the following - the triplet feel bend, can you make it faster? You are delaying it a bit somehow smile.gif the vibrato in some points should be wider mate biggrin.gif I'll bug you till you nail it perfectly muahahahahahahahaaaa

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 7 2012, 12:33 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 7 2012, 03:00 AM) *
biggrin.gif Travis, let's try the following - the triplet feel bend, can you make it faster? You are delaying it a bit somehow smile.gif the vibrato in some points should be wider mate biggrin.gif I'll bug you till you nail it perfectly muahahahahahahahaaaa

I play it faster every time I record it! It just comes out slower, I think its the.... Hmmm oh yeah, Reaper when I render it slows just that part down, yep that's it. laugh.gif How can it get wider if I'm only given a little bit of room between strings. tongue.gif Ahh todays gona be a great day. I hear the bird chirping going to get get my workout, take the long way home around the lake and practice this bad boy some more!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 7 2012, 05:59 PM
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/cosmin-voice-07

Here ya go 2 hours more of practicing bends.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2012, 03:31 PM
Instructor
biggrin.gif this one is definitely the best one so far! It's a bit shaky though, but as note duration this one is the one wink.gif

I still want wider vibrato Travis smile.gif tell, me should we variate a little? I would like to place you in front of other vibrato challenges wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 8 2012, 03:40 PM
If you feel that's best then go for it, anything to help improve is always a step in the right direction.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 8 2012, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Great man! This one will be pretty different, due to the fact that I am thinking of taking the advantage of gain away from you smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/slow_blues_solo/

if you master this one, you'll be 100 steps higher on the AWESOME scale biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 8 2012, 05:47 PM
Muwahahaha! I was pretty fast on this one.. Ok so the first half had nothing to do with the lesson or did it? wink.gif

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey-practice/slow-blues-01

I was right when I said my vibrato/bends are my worst playing skill. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: May 8 2012, 05:55 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 9 2012, 10:24 AM
Instructor
Why not man? I liked it biggrin.gif the tone you got is very good! Now focus on nailing the whole lesson wink.gif and send it over - once again, pay attention to be as round, wide and expressive as possible. Your bending and vibrato have improved without question biggrin.gif hope you are feeling it too!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 22 2012, 01:36 PM
Wow this has been a crazy month. Diablo 3 kinda killed a week off the bat! laugh.gif

I shall have to buckle down into lessons since I've been trying to learn how to get tones. Considering I just learned how much an EQ in a DAW really can do if set right. With that being said.

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/gabs-colab-02

How does that sound to you? Its all improvisational but I have some bends and that in there and I have started noticing music a lot differently lately also with how it intertwines to really make stuff come out.

I mean I have never really sat down to even learn anything by ear it was always tabs which is cheap.

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/skyrim-revalver-cab-test-02
This was a mix of listening and watching some of his movement to see where on the neck he was. Yeah this is the song that got me into really wishing to get better. But hey that was all by ear! biggrin.gif

Just want to say thank you for everything so far. Such a great feeling of accomplishment you have pushed me towards. I shall work on my lessons and see where it fairs!

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 23 2012, 09:03 AM
Instructor
Hey Travis! biggrin.gif

your words honor me mate smile.gif thank you!

I see that the Diablo 3 fever has got you all grounded laugh.gif

Mate, the first track is melodically good, but the timing is a bit faulty - somehow you are not in sync with the drums.. Focus on timing, ok? Try and get those ideas with the drums smile.gif

For the second one, your rhythm seems fine smile.gif it's strange how some musical pieces are driving us to maintain a steady groove and with others, we have to practice a little to get into them?

Start with a little recap and let me know how you're faring with the lessons, k?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 23 2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah Diablo 3 has taken over but I've backed down since I beat it, was nice to take a few days away from the guitar. I felt less tense when I picked it back up. Also re-arranged my room for a better work space. I can use my interface when working with plugins so its more accessible now to me. Which is great, now I just need to get it updated to something with USB 2.0 not the snail of a USB 1.1 it is.

Lessons I did yours and a bit on blues.
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/multi-lesson
I feel yours is not as great as previous ones, tone seems good. The timing seems decent, but you can really hear the bends even with the few mistakes that I hear in there. Just want to see if thats better on the wide vibrato which I always lack in my playing for you.

The Blues half. That is actually quite the challenge even without a backing to try and get it to come out even with the speed bursts. Then I see the dreaded arpeggio and was like welp, I have to sit and do just that part before I can really buckle down more so on the rest of the lesson.

Also I did as you said, the house was quite and not a mouse or dog was in sight! So I warmed up my tubes and re-recorded the intro tracking and the lead, which I took it more of what your striving for me to be better at. Besides timing of course! laugh.gif
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/gabs-colab-02-03

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2012, 07:27 AM
Instructor
Hey Travis smile.gif

I can feel you have let those lessons aside for a while - your bends are a bit inaccurate and the vibrato is not that wide. Mate, back to the drawing board and get yourself back into shape!

The best proof is the collab take which, after being treated with care (you solved the timing issues!) sounded much better than the first one.

I had a silly dream last evening - I was about to perform at 'Mozart Rocks' and I had no clue what I had to play - haven't practiced 5 minutes! It felt horrible laugh.gif that's probably because I met the organizer at one of my guitarist friend's wedding and he told us something about a concert in Russia. You have to be prepared all the time man smile.gif you never know when the opportunity strikes, but your duty is to be ready at any given time biggrin.gif

Let's see what you got! Focus on the articulation elements and timing - especially at the note lengths which are a bit faulty in the 'Voice of your guitar lesson'

let's rock mate!!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 24 2012, 10:10 PM
Was at work thinking of what you said with the wide vibrato so I was reading about it came across this article not that it explained it but a better look at why it's important.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/gen...er_vibrato.html

That has brought a whole new feel to why it is so important to not only improve but put it as a higher priority!

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 25 2012, 12:08 AM
So I did around 2 hours my fingers have string indented into them. Cut the lights off listened to you play it then a few times no guitar and laid this track down. This is better than that last one I sent. I'm not sure if that wider or not but it sounds like I have more "feeling" into it.

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey-practice/cosmin-voice-08

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2012, 03:45 PM
Instructor
Hey Travis! Glad to know you realized the potential of vibrato tongue.gif let's chisel it together, shall we? smile.gif Now, pay CLOSE attention to sec 0.27-0.29 I must congratulate you for that quirky bend - it is PERFECT just like that there. Try to make all the others before it like this one wink.gif k?

The vibrato is still a bit rushed as a general observation but you are getting there. I am not allowed to make such a comparison in a more explicit way, but imagine that you are with a girl - how would she like to be treated? Fast and superficial or tender and focused, full of passion?

Give these thoughts a try!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 25 2012, 09:43 PM
I knew I was right! I asked my friend who has a local band about this the other day. He said that your right and he goes you need to make it wide by going the same speed as I was but more of a bend. I argued back no he wants it wider but focused to be even and not fast but a subtle feeling because its more of a emotional song. So I was right! But it helped me hear it this time. Most of my other ones I've done I second guess you can even hear the vibrato it was so faint. Which I can now hear in my playing so thats a plus. I'm going to grab me a glass of juice and a water and get to work!

Edit: Found of another way to explain it as well. To feel less robotic and more human. Make it come to life.

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: May 25 2012, 09:54 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 26 2012, 09:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ May 25 2012, 08:43 PM) *
I knew I was right! I asked my friend who has a local band about this the other day. He said that your right and he goes you need to make it wide by going the same speed as I was but more of a bend. I argued back no he wants it wider but focused to be even and not fast but a subtle feeling because its more of a emotional song. So I was right! But it helped me hear it this time. Most of my other ones I've done I second guess you can even hear the vibrato it was so faint. Which I can now hear in my playing so thats a plus. I'm going to grab me a glass of juice and a water and get to work!

Edit: Found of another way to explain it as well. To feel less robotic and more human. Make it come to life.

biggrin.gif I so like it when you discover these things biggrin.gif doesn't it feel like playing Diablo and finding some secret stuff only your character can master?

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 28 2012, 05:37 PM
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey-practice/cosmin-voice-09

Alright this about 3 hours to lay it down. I'm pretty sure the timing is way off. I don't see why this is so hard. Something so simple and I struggle so much with it. I had a heck of a time trying to slow my vibrato down as it was way to fast last time. I took more from the lesson and started using my pointer finger for it as you do. I was impressed that I didn't need to use 2 fingers to bend it I had decent control. But it helped slowing it down big time. I think the quirky bends need to be a little faster yes?

I think that bends/vibrato is truly outside of my normal rhythm playing which I never needed it. But I shall get this down. I shall become better and make you proud!

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:12 PM