Music As A Profession, Any questions you might have I have answers!
Alex Feather
Apr 11 2012, 06:41 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! Welcome to my new activity!
If you have decided to make a career playing guitar
Or just want to make a side income. If you want to get a degree in music or figure out how to move to a different country to study or work in music field this topic is for you!
I have done it all! I had a successful career in Russia but quit it all and had to start from the beginning in the US!
When I moved I didn't know English very well and have never been in America! I didn't know how to get gigs!
Six years later I have done recordings with Rihanna, Eminem and Britney Spears played hundreds of shows and worked with great guitar players such as Greg Howe , Steve Vai and Frank Gambale!
And I can share my experience with you!
I will be posting once a week! If you have any questions you can ask me as well!
I hope this will be helpful for those of you who is trying to figure out where to start and where to go I will guide you through!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ElHombre
Apr 12 2012, 08:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
Im going to a school for music production where you will learn mixing, mastering and everything related, also how to make start a company (for example a studio) and work on my musical skills at the same time. So thats a start. They also invite experienced and in the national famous producers for lessons.
Im currently learning piano too.

Is that enough I have to ask or do you need to learn like 10 different instruments? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 12 2012, 10:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 12 2012, 07:28 AM) *
Im going to a school for music production where you will learn mixing, mastering and everything related, also how to make start a company (for example a studio) and work on my musical skills at the same time. So thats a start. They also invite experienced and in the national famous producers for lessons.
Im currently learning piano too.

Is that enough I have to ask or do you need to learn like 10 different instruments? smile.gif

It's cool that you are going to school! Sound engineer is a very cool profession!

I wanted to make my first post about the most popular music school in the world!
Berklee College of Music
Here is their website
http://www.berklee.edu/
How to apply:
They have scholarship auditions all over the world
Here is the list of all auditions
http://www.berklee.edu/admissions/general/...tion_dates.html

So to apply you need to fill out this form
https://secure.berklee.edu/AI/prospects/

For audition:
When I was auditioning 6 years ago I had to:
- Play one instrumental song with backing track ( I chose Paul Gilbert)
- Play Blues I-IV-V progression
- Ear training one of the professors will play a few notes and a few phrases and you have to play it back on guitar
The whole audition process takes about 15 minutes and than they will mail you the results!

Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Alex Feather   Music As A Profession   Apr 11 2012, 06:41 PM
nnn
- - ElHombre   Seems like the best school for music on the planet...   Apr 12 2012, 04:24 PM
|- - Alex Feather   QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 12 2012, 03:24 PM) ...   Apr 15 2012, 05:36 PM
nnn
- - Alex Feather   Music Institute (MI) It's a very nice school...   Apr 22 2012, 01:28 AM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   This is a really interesting thread Alex! It...   Apr 22 2012, 01:49 AM
|- - Alex Feather   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 22 2012, 12...   Apr 22 2012, 03:11 PM
nnn
- - Robfork   This is what i was searching for a long time. Some...   Apr 22 2012, 03:30 PM
|- - Alex Feather   QUOTE (Robfork @ Apr 22 2012, 02:30 PM) T...   Apr 22 2012, 03:41 PM
|- - Robfork   QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 22 2012, 02:41 ...   Apr 22 2012, 10:31 PM
|- - Alex Feather   QUOTE (Robfork @ Apr 22 2012, 09:31 PM) I...   Apr 23 2012, 08:43 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Robfork   Thank you Alex, now i'm already checking them ...   Apr 24 2012, 10:42 AM
|- - Alex Feather   QUOTE (Robfork @ Apr 24 2012, 09:42 AM) T...   Apr 24 2012, 04:39 PM
nnn
- - Alex Feather   Hi guys! I wanted to share my experience about...   May 5 2012, 04:28 PM
- - Yash   Hey Alex, Nice thread here. I always wanted to be ...   Jun 16 2012, 01:22 PM
- - Alex Feather   QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 16 2012, 12:22 PM) Hey ...   Jun 19 2012, 08:38 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:00 AM