Latency Issues
John72
Apr 14 2012, 03:53 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey folks! I have some issues with recording latency. My laptop borked on me and I had to get a cheap replacement fast. The recording latency is HORRIBLE! Probably almose 1/2 a second. I haven't tried the ASIO driver yet (got my fingers crossed that's all I need.) But, before installing drivers and stuff, I have a couple of questions.

1) I'm using a Boss Br-800 for recording/effects, then USB in to my laptop. I have an integrated sound card, and no pcmcia slot for a Sound Blaster or other card. It got a Core i7 processor and 8 gigs or ram, but with the integrated audio, can I expect much?

2) I read a post from Todd Simpson saying to stay away from 64 bit. DOH! Read that too late, and got 64bit. Has audio recording with 64bit improved? Or am I in for stability problems?

Hopefully, I'm not in too bad of shape and can get this working to a decent level. Thanks for any input!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Sinisa Cekic
Apr 16 2012, 11:44 AM
Instructor
I was also skeptical about Windows 7 and DAW (Sonar8),plugins etc, but I decided a few days ago to install Ultimate 64 bit - everything works perfectly, although initially there were many frustration with sound card issues !! I wanted to try an old Audigy2 that I have but latest version of damn ASIO4ALL has made a huge confusion in the system so I was forced to uninstall it !Latency is now about 5 msec and works just fine. The next thing is that I had to download the latest Boss GT10 64bit driver, because it's my primary card,and so far everything glides smoothly! With several plug-ins CPU load is ridiculous - 0,5/5 % !!! Cpu is Intel 2500k / 8GB RAM ..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:49 PM