2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Rockabilly Video Collaboration :), FINAL MIX & COMMENTS!
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 3 2008, 10:43 AM
Instructor
Thanks for the comments guys smile.gif

@Toroso:
Quite the contrary mate, I think you do ring finger vibrato very good, just needs to be more secure and faster. But you are slowly getting there, so no worries there. The main thing is that you are doing it right.

@Gus:
When recording your take, it is best to keep the loudness level of the signal just on the clipping border - bellow 0dB. To make sure you don't get clipped play your guitar really hard for some time and adjust the input volume accordingly. If you see that the recording does have small peaks in the end, try to raise the gain on that channel, or in the final mix to really put out the audio signal.

@leedbreak
Thanks mate, and I see what you are getting, I think it is an interesting idea. For now we'll stick to one take per participant tho, as 2 takes would be a monster task indeed. In order to give comments, I have to listen to every take at least 5 times, you can imagine with 2 takes... smile.gif

@superize
Great to hear it mate, the additional lamp will help without doubt! Make sure it's 100W at least, most lamps are ~60W these days. Also halogen 500W light is very cheap, cheaper than the lamp so you might wanna consider that as well.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 3 2008, 10:54 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 3 2008, 09:43 AM) *
@superize
Great to hear it mate, the additional lamp will help without doubt! Make sure it's 100W at least, most lamps are ~60W these days. Also halogen 500W light is very cheap, cheaper than the lamp so you might wanna consider that as well.

That's because the bulbs cost about £1000 biggrin.gif This is a joke of course but they are pretty expensive tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 3 2008, 11:16 AM
Instructor
Yeah the bulb is pretty much the same price as the can itself, but you get one free bulb for starters wink.gif

EDIT: Also it is still cheaper than the lamp

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 3 2008, 11:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 3 2008, 05:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 2 2008, 07:35 PM) *
WOW. Somebody has been practicing. You're so much better Kaz. I'm really impressed actually. I think only one note was out of place and that was clearly accidental and was only a passing note and your licks are more interesting and more melodic than before and you clearly are taking on advice and practicing hard and improving as a guitarist. Great take mate I loved it. Your tone has improved and is less harsh. The only thing I'll say now is to add a bit to your tone. You have the basics of a great tone now. Add a little reverb and possibly a bit of chorus or delay just to get a more creamy smooth soon and you will nail it.

I'm looking forward to your next take. I'm well impressed smile.gif

Thanks man! Writing some pieces down helps a lot! I did it the way David does in his lesson Rest Blocks! Really nice method, check it out! Tone is still quit hard for me, my effects processor is only with numbers and it´s kinda hard to visualize what you´re doing, unless you get the booklet out, but I´m to lazy wink.gif

I have to say, your take was cool to! A very original idea, and also a good one. Also.. the paintjob on that guitar.. WAAAAW, UBER NICE! Look like it's made out of some sort of pearl wink.gif

EDIT: @ Ivan, I'm in for your next one laugh.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Dec 3 2008, 05:17 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 3 2008, 05:22 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Dec 3 2008, 04:16 PM) *
Thanks man! Writing some pieces down helps a lot! I did it the way David does in his lesson Rest Blocks! Really nice method, check it out! Tone is still quit hard for me, my effects processor is only with numbers and it´s kinda hard to visualize what you´re doing, unless you get the booklet out, but I´m to lazy wink.gif

I have to say, your take was cool to! A very original idea, and also a good one. Also.. the paintjob on that guitar.. WAAAAW, UBER NICE! Look like it's made out of some sort of pearl wink.gif

EDIT: @ Ivan, I'm in for your next one laugh.gif

It should be made of pearl for £1000 biggrin.gif You're on the right track anyway so keep it up. You've improved exponentially it seems lol over the last few collabs. You are well on the way to be a good guitarist so keep it up smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 4 2008, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Hey Ivan.. In my comment you said that i rake the notes but i dont know what you mean by that...

Explaine

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Jesse
Dec 4 2008, 11:32 AM
KAZNIE! I thought you did wicked .... (Something in dutch)

Dude, dat klinkt goed:D Die eerste 5 bars tot 4 minuut 52 vond ik gewoon perfect:D Wat heb je gebruikt om dit te improviseren?

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 4 2008, 12:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Dec 4 2008, 10:32 AM) *
Hey Ivan.. In my comment you said that i rake the notes but i dont know what you mean by that...

Explaine

Raking means that you strumm several strings but only the string that is down is hear, while the rest are muted. This gives that "raking" sound, forgive me for my choice of words if you don't understand mate. For example you wanna play the E note on the 12th fret of the high E string, and in the same time you mute the D G and B string, and strumm them all with that E note on the high E. This gives accent to the E note, and make it more powerful if you know what I mean.
This technique is great, and it gives a dimension to playing, you can hear BB King use it all the time for example. SO good job mate. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 4 2008, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I understand it perfectlly now when you say it like that.......

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 4 2008, 03:52 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Jesse @ Dec 4 2008, 11:32 AM) *
KAZNIE! I thought you did wicked .... (Something in dutch)

Dude, dat klinkt goed:D Die eerste 5 bars tot 4 minuut 52 vond ik gewoon perfect:D Wat heb je gebruikt om dit te improviseren?

I'l anwser in english, just watch David's Rest blocks lessons, I did what he did, just listen to his explanation in Video 1!

EDIT: Anyone who is interested, I used the method explained here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/prepar...resting-blocks/

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Dec 4 2008, 03:53 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 6 2008, 11:23 AM
GMC Founder
Awsome collab guys - I really can see some noticeable progress with those of you I have seen play before! Well done! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 6 2008, 07:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 6 2008, 11:23 AM) *
Awsome collab guys - I really can see some noticeable progress with those of you I have seen play before! Well done! biggrin.gif

Hey Kris, why don't these video lessons come as a GMC video, just like the lesson Medley and the Are You Ready collab??

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Dec 8 2008, 05:04 PM
Audiopaal's faces inspired me... somehow biggrin.gif
It was one awesome collab everyone

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 8 2008, 08:00 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Capt.Z @ Dec 8 2008, 05:04 PM) *
Audiopaal's faces inspired me... somehow biggrin.gif
It was one awesome collab everyone

Hehehe, I can imagine laugh.gif
Thanks mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Dec 23 2008, 01:07 AM
Instructor
Sincerely, when I saw the video i say: WOW! It is incredible !

We must put ourselves of foot and scream very loudly: REALLY GREAT JOB GUYS!

Chast
Skennington
Toroso
OrganizedConfusion
Alex Lewis
Superize
Coffeman
Sami
Gus
Audiopaal
Leedbreak
Kaznie_NL

The best of GMC! Now friends know it! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! NOTHING!! GOD Bless you!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:24 AM