> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Unmasking The Drama
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 8 2013, 04:10 PM
Instructor
Hey there, my fellow GMCrs!

How about a prog-modern sounding track for this collab right here? It's very dramatic and dark sounding so what I'd like to propose to you guys is:

- make a video of yourself while performing your take
- wear a mask and use a guitar that we do not know, if you can biggrin.gif
- I will be the only one knowing who's who and everybody else has to guess who performed what in the final mix!

We mask our face, but unravel the soul

All GMC will play this role

While music speaks and we close our eyes

Find out who it is and have a surprise

This is the motto of our new collab and let's see the tech specs:

Tempo: 120 BPM

Scales: C natural minor, C minor pentatonic, C phrygian, C blues

Meter: 4/4

Material format:

Audio - 1 file with your solo only (.wav) 1 file with the whole track and your solo (.mp3)
Video - 1 .mp4 file

Deadline: August 28th

So, prepare your masks and let's rock!!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Aug 8 2013, 04:10 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Unmasking_The_Drama.mp3 ( 1.59MB ) Number of downloads: 280

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 8 2013, 04:38 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I might have an idea for the video...
I'm in!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Aug 8 2013, 05:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I am in cool.gif gonna use my oldest guitar for the record - hope it will not explode huh.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 8 2013, 07:19 PM
Instructor
Superb idea smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 8 2013, 10:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This will make quite a bizarre and dark video huh.gif excellent concept dude! Im all for the bizarre and dark biggrin.gif

I always knew someday I would end up on the internet wearing some sort of mask blink.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: Aug 8 2013, 10:52 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 9 2013, 07:37 AM
Instructor
Christian, Dieter and bleez - welcome to the world of masks biggrin.gif

Thank you Sinisa, would you like to join us too?

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 9 2013, 10:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 9 2013, 08:37 AM) *
Thank you Sinisa, would you like to join us too?

We will reveal that at the end ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 9 2013, 12:33 PM
Instructor
VERY COOL IDEA COSMIN! smile.gif

I'm only afraid You have to add some point to the terms

10. Use a guitar borrowed from a friend

I'm afaraid some of us could be recognised by their guitar...I would detect You duuuude immiediately biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 10 2013, 08:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Aug 9 2013, 11:33 AM) *
VERY COOL IDEA COSMIN! smile.gif

I'm only afraid You have to add some point to the terms

10. Use a guitar borrowed from a friend

I'm afaraid some of us could be recognised by their guitar...I would detect You duuuude immiediately biggrin.gif

Hey D-man - i already stated that in the description tongue.gif I thought it would be easy to see who's who simply by looking at the guitars they are using biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Aug 9 2013, 09:55 AM) *
We will reveal that at the end ph34r.gif

Alriiight! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Aug 17 2013, 05:06 PM
GMC:er
Everyone has seen my guitars but I'll still try to give it a go laugh.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 17 2013, 06:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Aug 17 2013, 04:06 PM) *
Everyone has seen my guitars but I'll still try to give it a go laugh.gif

Be my guest! smile.gif You are most welcome aboard Sam!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 18 2013, 01:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
I don't know if I will have time , but if I do, I was wondering when would be the best time to switch modes between the a fore mentioned modes

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 18 2013, 08:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 18 2013, 12:18 AM) *
I don't know if I will have time , but if I do, I was wondering when would be the best time to switch modes between the a fore mentioned modes

Hey mate! You can play the Phrygian over the nasty riff part and the other modes over the clean part smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 24 2013, 10:40 AM
Instructor
Hello guys!! 4 days left biggrin.gif Let's see the masks and then figure out who's who wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 27 2013, 10:47 AM
Instructor
Hey Everyone smile.gif I am extending the collab entry deadline till this Friday - don't forget for this one, you need to send me the takes in a PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 30 2013, 11:35 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! At midnight the entries will be closed so, please send me your takes in a PM smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 31 2013, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Alright mates! Time's up - got the files from everyone and I will be presenting the final mix this Monday biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2013, 11:24 PM
Instructor
Final mix readyyyyy!! biggrin.gif Alright, now before telling you what's what with what was being played and other details, let's watch the vid and see if you guys can guess who's who??

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 2 2013, 11:27 PM

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Sep 2 2013, 11:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Lost on who is who, the one mask with the light shining was a awesome effect and great sounding song smile.gif Great Job

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Sep 3 2013, 12:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
I don't know the members that well to tell them apart but I will say that the guy with the feet had a real nice feel to it! Cool

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:38 PM