9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Degroot Guitar Mentoring
Alex Feather
May 19 2012, 05:29 PM
Instructor
Hey! I just wanted to check on you and see how is everything? Let me know if you need any help!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 19 2012, 06:15 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Things are going well! I took a short break away from the backing track and have been working on some other technique lessons. Just needed to do that so now I can come back to this track with a fresh approach.

I was playing to the backing again last night and am starting to piece together small parts. I'm trying to come up with a melody that can be a main theme to build the solo on. It might take me a while cause I want to put together something that will be more catchy... as if it were composed to be an instrumental song.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 19 2012, 10:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 19 2012, 05:15 PM) *
Things are going well! I took a short break away from the backing track and have been working on some other technique lessons. Just needed to do that so now I can come back to this track with a fresh approach.

I was playing to the backing again last night and am starting to piece together small parts. I'm trying to come up with a melody that can be a main theme to build the solo on. It might take me a while cause I want to put together something that will be more catchy... as if it were composed to be an instrumental song.

Perfect! In a few weeks we will start a new thing! I will play a part and you will play a part on the track! It will be fun!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 20 2012, 05:57 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ May 19 2012, 09:57 PM) *
Perfect! In a few weeks we will start a new thing! I will play a part and you will play a part on the track! It will be fun!

Oh wow, that sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I'm excited to hear that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 20 2012, 06:03 AM
Instructor
It will be! I am excited too!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 23 2012, 08:06 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hi Alex! Here it the new track! smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/ii-v-i-jam

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 24 2012, 08:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 23 2012, 07:06 PM) *
Hi Alex! Here it the new track! smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/ii-v-i-jam

Wow you did an amazing job! I love your phrases from 0:17! Beautiful!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 25 2012, 03:01 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ May 24 2012, 07:42 AM) *
Wow you did an amazing job! I love your phrases from 0:17! Beautiful!

Thanks, Glad to hear you like it! It is fun to jam over!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 25 2012, 08:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 25 2012, 02:01 AM) *
Thanks, Glad to hear you like it! It is fun to jam over!

Awesome! So how about adding a new thing to it?
Let's do a diminished scale over A7 chord!
C - Db - Eb - E - F# - G - A - Bb
It's 8 notes scale try to apply it the same way you did with a whole tone! When you are ready let me know and we will add some arpeggios to it!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 26 2012, 04:07 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Sounds good, I'll try this out very soon. I assume we will add some arpeggios after adding some diminished scales?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 26 2012, 05:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 26 2012, 03:07 AM) *
Sounds good, I'll try this out very soon. I assume we will add some arpeggios after adding some diminished scales?

Yep exactly! We will add arpeggios from the diminished scale!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 29 2012, 04:51 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Well, I was "experimenting" with the diminished scale over the track today. It is cool to try new things, although it may not sound like it! smile.gif I guess we will take it from here! http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/ii-v-i-jam-diminished-scale

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 29 2012, 07:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 29 2012, 03:51 AM) *
Well, I was "experimenting" with the diminished scale over the track today. It is cool to try new things, although it may not sound like it! smile.gif I guess we will take it from here! http://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/ii-v-i-jam-diminished-scale

You did a great job! I like this take a lot! Practice it for a couple of more days and I will join you to give you more ideas! smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 30 2012, 06:51 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ May 29 2012, 06:16 PM) *
You did a great job! I like this take a lot! Practice it for a couple of more days and I will join you to give you more ideas! smile.gif

Thanks Alex smile.gif I'm going to look into some of your diminished lesson notes that I saw posted and work off that for a while.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
May 30 2012, 07:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 30 2012, 05:51 PM) *
Thanks Alex smile.gif I'm going to look into some of your diminished lesson notes that I saw posted and work off that for a while.

I will post a track tomorrow! Also your playing at some point reminded me of Santana! Good job!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 31 2012, 07:20 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ May 30 2012, 06:53 PM) *
I will post a track tomorrow! Also your playing at some point reminded me of Santana! Good job!

That is nice to hear. I love Santana's style of playing. smile.gif

No need to rush anything if you're busy. I know I won't be able to work on guitar too much for a couple of days. I'm excited for the lesson collab!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 1 2012, 05:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 31 2012, 06:20 PM) *
That is nice to hear. I love Santana's style of playing. smile.gif

No need to rush anything if you're busy. I know I won't be able to work on guitar too much for a couple of days. I'm excited for the lesson collab!

I am working on it so check back tomorrow! smile.gif
I am very excited as well! It will be very fun!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 1 2012, 08:24 PM
Instructor
So I have a track ready!
What we will do is we will play 4 bars each and will create the whole solo from the beginning till the end!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/degroot-track
I started it I use E dorian scale for E mi7 chord
when A 7 came I played a variation of the first phrase
Over D major I combined A major blues pentatonic with A minor
Now I want you to continue and play the next 4 bars! Try to continue my idea and really make it flow nicely together!
Let me know if you need help or have any questions!
P.S. When you will be uploading the track do it the same way I did with your take mixed and with the rest of the backing track playing!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jun 1 2012, 09:06 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jun 1 2012, 07:24 PM) *
So I have a track ready!
What we will do is we will play 4 bars each and will create the whole solo from the beginning till the end!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/degroot-track
I started it I use E dorian scale for E mi7 chord
when A 7 came I played a variation of the first phrase
Over D major I combined A major blues pentatonic with A minor
Now I want you to continue and play the next 4 bars! Try to continue my idea and really make it flow nicely together!
Let me know if you need help or have any questions!
P.S. When you will be uploading the track do it the same way I did with your take mixed and with the rest of the backing track playing!

Excellent! smile.gif I will answer back this weekend!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 2 2012, 12:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jun 1 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Excellent! smile.gif I will answer back this weekend!

Perfect! I am looking forward to it! smile.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:51 AM