Blues Backing Track., Let me hear you!
Luciana Segovia
Sep 16 2007, 06:45 AM
Singing Instructor
To Slammer:

ok... this is my technical point of view of your improvisation... smile.gif

Seriously...Your voice is perfect for singing blues laugh.gif

I have noticed that you felt comfortable when you did it

I love when the voice is "more important" that the music cause I'm a singer , But i think that you are really good for sing so, don't put your guitar at the top ok? Do not hide .. you don't have to...

your Grumpy voice was perfect but when you was singing the other part i felt that was in a low volume,, and that's good for the interpretation but not to much because it causes a kind of sensation of insecurity .. ok?

My congratulations...

I would buy your CD wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RockinRonnie
Sep 16 2007, 06:54 AM
GMC:er
This is my first post here but hey that was Pretty good Slammer!

Ron

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Sep 16 2007, 07:35 AM
Singing Instructor
To Kristofer Dhal:

jajajajajajja biggrin.gif

Your improvisation is so so funny!

But technically your interpretation was exagerate! huh.gif .
For singing blues it is not necessary to use all that different things with your voice. I think the blues transmits sensuality and melancholy. It's a kind of music that not represent the happiness. (With exceptions, of course) Your song has too much energy... excessive energy!
I don't think that you were out of pitch, but as I read If it's your problem, don't sing a lot of notes, don't say too much words until you feel more confident with the song. Practically you don't allow your voice "breathe". I mean that I noticed that your voice was not comfortable when you did it.
The blues is easy for me because you always know which is the next part... i think that musically it rarelly surprises you, so you can surprise with your voice ... So this style (blues) is easy for practice when you have problems with pitches.

But there was something very curious for my....I heard your screams. Wow! what screams....!

I'm very happy with your improvisation Kris! laugh.gif

My congrats to you!

Luciana

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2007, 07:41 AM
Instructor
Hey!! I have my blues improvisation!!! It was so funny laugh.gif laugh.gif I begin recording some ideas and then I continue with harmonized voices laugh.gif

I hope that you like it... it's called "Your mama can play the blues" laugh.gif

gabriel.-

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Gabriel_Singing_Blues.mp3 ( 662.96K ) Number of downloads: 435

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 16 2007, 07:45 AM
GMC Founder
laugh.gif

Thanks for the awesome feedback Luciana - I will definately try to include more blues improvisations into my vocal practicing and think of the things you said. It's funny it hasn't struck me that this kind of practcing should be good for my voice - since blues jamming is what made my guitar playing progress! smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 16 2007, 08:41 AM) *
Hey!! I have my blues improvisation!!! It was so funny laugh.gif laugh.gif I begin recording some ideas and then I continue with harmonized voices laugh.gif

gabriel.-

Haha awsome to hear you sing Gab!! "OH YEAH!!" laugh.gif

And damn - I think you beat me!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 16 2007, 07:47 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 16 2007, 06:41 AM) *

gabriel.-

Pretty cool! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slammer
Sep 16 2007, 09:02 AM
QUOTE (Luciana @ Sep 16 2007, 01:45 AM) *
...your Grumpy voice was perfect but when you was singing the other part i felt that was in a low volume,, and that's good for the interpretation but not to much because it causes a kind of sensation of insecurity .. ok?

Yeah, Thanks. laugh.gif

Actually what happened was, I was holding my Condenser Mic in my hands.

I didn't have somewhere to place it when I recorded it, So my head and my hands were moving around a bit. That's why it sounds Quieter towards the end huh.gif

But thanks for the Feedback smile.gif

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Sep 16 2007, 09:03 AM
Singing Instructor
to Gabriel:

Wow.. with production!! good! laugh.gif

this is an improvisation with harmonization!!! Double effort!!!

Well... at first i noticed that your voice don't have enough weight. I mean that i can hear to your larynx pushing and squeezing, that's because you don't use your diaphragm to sing and you take this job only with your throat and you have to do it with all your body. That's why the "colour" of your voice. Of course you are hiding it with the second harmony,, the lower voice... and after.. with your third voice that helps to incorporate weight at all. This one felt more comfortable for you...
You always have to know which is you register, because if you sing in your register it sounds better-

you are always on pitch so.. that's very good and my congrats to you for!

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 16 2007, 11:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Luciana @ Sep 16 2007, 05:03 AM) *
to Gabriel:

Wow.. with production!! good! laugh.gif

this is an improvisation with harmonization!!! Double effort!!!

Well... at first i noticed that your voice don't have enough weight. I mean that i can hear to your larynx pushing and squeezing, that's because you don't use your diaphragm to sing and you take this job only with your throat and you have to do it with all your body. That's why the "colour" of your voice. Of course you are hiding it with the second harmony,, the lower voice... and after.. with your third voice that helps to incorporate weight at all. This one felt more comfortable for you...
You always have to know which is you register, because if you sing in your register it sounds better-

you are always on pitch so.. that's very good and my congrats to you for!

laugh.gif

Thank you Luciana! So... I have to learn to use my diaphragm when I'm singing. I'll work on it. smile.gif

gabriel.-

pd: Fretdancer... Now I'm waiting for your improvisation, laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 16 2007, 11:38 AM
You guys were great, Kris, man wow. Awesome, funny stuff. Your voice is somethign i have never ever heard in my life, its cool though different, very original. Gab, awesome I like the harmionzation, good idea. Slammer that was funny. I would exepct none the less of you, biut it was also awesome.

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 16 2007, 08:16 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Ryan @ Sep 16 2007, 12:38 PM) *
You guys were great, Kris, man wow. Awesome, funny stuff. Your voice is somethign i have never ever heard in my life, its cool though different, very original. Gab, awesome I like the harmionzation, good idea. Slammer that was funny. I would exepct none the less of you, biut it was also awesome.

biggrin.gif Thanks Ryan!

--------------------

+Quote Post
visi0n
Sep 16 2007, 08:33 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
haha Gabriel .. biggrin.gif i like it ..

nice in my opinion biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 17 2007, 05:19 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 16 2007, 04:13 AM) *
pd: Fretdancer... Now I'm waiting for your improvisation, laugh.gif

yeah ill try doing it ASAP, i have to get a mic first tho.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 17 2007, 05:53 AM
I tried to do one just now, but the result using some bad earphones as a mic was riduculusly bad, so it's definitly nothing worth posting. laugh.gif Maybe I'll give it another try tomorrow, if I find something else to record with...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Sep 17 2007, 09:21 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Sep 17 2007, 05:53 AM) *
I tried to do one just now, but the result using some bad earphones as a mic was riduculusly bad, so it's definitly nothing worth posting. laugh.gif Maybe I'll give it another try tomorrow, if I find something else to record with...

ok!... I will waiting for you!!! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 17 2007, 09:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 16 2007, 08:41 AM) *

gabriel.-

Well Done Gabe,I like this doubled lead!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 17 2007, 11:21 PM
QUOTE (Slammer @ Sep 15 2007, 02:23 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

LMAO, I hope ppl realize it's a joke tongue.gif

otherwise I might start getting advice on what I need to work on huh.gif huh.gif blink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are offically the coolest person on Gmc , Congrats tongue.gif

Kris you know I must admit I can hear you have been practicing your vocals because your range has improved from your Collection of Sins lesson biggrin.gif

Gabriel , Awesome Job ! I can honestly say some of Luciana's singing has rubbed off on yourself biggrin.gif

Man If I had some recording gear Id post one tongue.gif Ha ha , What did you guys use recording wise ?

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Slammer
Sep 17 2007, 11:32 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 17 2007, 06:21 PM) *
You are offically the coolest person on Gmc , Congrats tongue.gif

Kris you know I must admit I can hear you have been practicing your vocals because your range has improved from your Collection of Sins lesson biggrin.gif

Gabriel , Awesome Job ! I can honestly say some of Luciana's singing has rubbed off on yourself biggrin.gif

Man If I had some recording gear Id post one tongue.gif Ha ha , What did you guys use recording wise ?

- John

LOL tongue.gif

I just used a Samson Condenser Mic, And my Guitar, Plugged into my Zoom H4. Transferred it to the PC via Usb. And mixed the files together. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 17 2007, 11:32 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Sep 18 2007, 12:21 AM) *

Thanks, sometimes I also get that feeling, of the range improvement! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slammer
Sep 17 2007, 11:38 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 16 2007, 12:45 AM) *
Ok I had lots of fun with this one, humming random lyrics - so much I had to prolongue the length! biggrin.gif

Now I am nervous to hear what Luciana sais.. unsure.gif I identify hitting the right pitch as one of my main problems (but I probably have a lot more of them).

[attachment=1782:attachment]

LMAO. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Great!

I love it when your like "My favorite color is red" laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:14 AM