2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Arch Enemy - Rise Of The Tyrant
botoxfox
Oct 20 2007, 03:38 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 7 2007, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 19 2007, 08:32 PM) *
Oi! You said you were going to stop that!

That was after I posted this one. I think... wink.gif

Edit: And BTW, if you click my signature something magic might happen...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Oct 20 2007, 04:59 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 20 2007, 03:49 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Oct 19 2007, 10:38 PM) *
That was after I posted this one. I think... wink.gif

Ok, I'll let you off laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Nov 17 2007, 07:18 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
To be honest this CD is not Arch Enemy's best work although technically the guitar work is fantastic it lacks the bite of either wages of sin or anthems of rebellion.

Answering the singer question who is better Johan or Angela?

In my opinion it has to be Angela for one simple reason the live show, I have seen them at least 6 times and I must say that the sound is far clearer the performance more moving and the showmanship is far better than the Johan era (mainly because he also played bass live and so was rooted to the spot). having said that burning bridges is absoluely amazing particularly bridge of destiny!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 17 2007, 10:54 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I think its Arch Enemy's best, that was obvious laugh.gif

But yeah, ive seen em live a few times, and Angela's presence on stage can compared to that of an angry Demon General wink.gif

+Quote Post
steve25
Nov 19 2007, 04:22 AM
Well i've heard a few people say this is amazing now so i'm thinking of taking a trip to HMV and buying it. Even if it's not their best work, as long as it sounds good, which is what matters to me, who cares.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 13 2007, 04:51 PM
Instructor
Although I think that this new album was pretty much the same old Arch Enemy and there's really nothing new on there, its still great!

Dont fix it if it ain't broken, right? wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 13 2007, 09:32 PM
I thought the Neoclassical influence showed well on a few songs, and that wasnt anything they did on previous albums.

+Quote Post
Overkiller
Dec 27 2007, 03:52 PM
This album is such a great piece of work! I do not think it's the best AE album so far, but it certainly is amazing.
To be honest, I don't like Johan Liiva's vocals, I think he's trying too hard. Angela is far better.
Arch Enemy has never disappointed me, and never will. So I really look forward seeing them live soon. wink.gif

+Quote Post
steiner666
Mar 20 2008, 08:30 PM
Excellent review UnCreator. By excellent, I mean that your views perfectly paralleled mine laugh.gif This is my favorite album, and has been ever since I first heard it. It's an album that blows you away right off the bat, but even more so the more you listen to it. It's so inspiring, in fact, that I've been learning every song on the album and now I only have a couple left. I even bought the issue of Young Guitar with the Amott brothers showing off some of the new riffs so I could make sure to learn at least those ones accurately! I think that this, along with Nile's "Ithyphallic", is not only best metal album of the year, but perhaps of the century!

And on Angela's vocals... I find them to be improved, personally. The lyrics are deeper, and I think her vocals are overall more dynamic. I love when she does that kinda... hissy-gurgley-scream thing (that description makes it sound horrible, i know, buts its the only way i could explain it).

I'm not even going to comment on the guitars... since it's Arch Enemy, nothing needs to be said... incredible melodies, incredible solos, beautiful harmonies... its all here.

--------------------
ESP LTD MH-400NT (EMG 81/85 set, D'Addario Skinny Top/Fat Bottom strings)
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 20 2008, 08:47 PM
Awesome!!

Im not alone anymore!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 20 2008, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I love this album

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 21 2008, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Great band!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
steiner666
Apr 25 2008, 08:18 PM
Just a quick update: If this album was a woman, I'd marry it.

Yes, I'm STILL obsessed with it. I REALLY think that Angela's vocals are better on this album, there's so much more life to them, so much more organic and dynamic and just.. whoa.

--------------------
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 25 2008, 08:52 PM
If this album was a woman..... Well im not permitted to reveal details... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Apr 26 2008, 01:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 26 2007, 09:20 PM) *
Not only one of the best melodic death metal records ever, it's THE MOST INCREDIBLE Guitar-based music you'll hear this year. Definately the best Arch Enemy LP so far...

...cool review by the way

yes yes yes that´s f*****´rights

my lessons

Reason for edit: Language

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Apr 26 2008, 11:10 PM
Instructor
Hey!! It's a very great review!! Thanks a lot for it!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
steiner666
Apr 29 2008, 09:43 PM
For those of you who haven't already seen it, the video for "I Will Live Again" FINALLY aired on headbangers ball and youtube which you can see here.

Delicious is all i can say.

Oh, and I've made it to the final song "Vultures" in my quest to learn all of the songs on the album... and what a finale it is! 5 challenging solos to somehow memorize...

This post has been edited by steiner666: May 12 2008, 08:24 PM

--------------------
Line 6 Toneport GX

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:18 PM