Positive Grid Bias Fx
Todd Simpson
May 7 2015, 06:23 AM
GMC:er
I"m beta testing Bias FX for desktop (mac and PC) and I'm really impressed. The best news is that it's going to be a LOT cheaper than BIAS which is $200. Also, it has two amp/fx paths. I'm cooking up some crazy patches to share on the tone cloud. Sharing patches with tone cloud is just awesome. one click and bam share or try.
anyone else trying beta?

http://www.positivegrid.com/bias-fx/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 7 2015, 09:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Todd,

Is there a trial version? Or how can i try beta? Just had a scoot around but couldn't find either, I'm using a tablet though and sometimes mobile sites are different.

Cheers buddy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 7 2015, 10:03 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 8 2015, 04:19 AM
There is not an ANDROID version so tablet requires ipad. But you can run the desktop version (currently in beta) on PC or MAC. Just sign up for the beta on the link I shared smile.gif

http://www.positivegrid.com/bias-fx/

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 7 2015, 04:58 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

Is there a trial version? Or how can i try beta? Just had a scoot around but couldn't find either, I'm using a tablet though and sometimes mobile sites are different.

Cheers buddy.

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 8 2015, 08:51 AM
Cheers Todd,

I saw that but didn't realise what it was rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't want a tablet version, I don't rally like tablets for anything more than web browsing so the desktop version will suit me smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 8 2015, 06:47 PM
Whatever works is what you gotta use smile.gif I like the desktop version quite a bit. However, I do like the tablet version on ipad as well but there is no android version for a good reason. The android operating system is just not built for audio production as it's open source and the hardware has no set minimum standards. If you ever get the chance to try a touch screen interface for recording/guitar processing, it's very hard to go back to only using the mouse. But until then, ....

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 8 2015, 03:51 AM) *
Cheers Todd,

I saw that but didn't realise what it was rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't want a tablet version, I don't rally like tablets for anything more than web browsing so the desktop version will suit me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 8 2015, 08:30 PM
With the already avalible amp version although I didn't have latency issues, I guess the graphics or ram required was a bit too much for my computer (it is getting old...). Knobs were acting funny and I couldn't insert much after it.

But I will try it when released, I've read nothing but good and seems that plug-in will be a reference. Some even compare it to axe fx and from the video's I watched it doesn't seem too far.

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 8 2015, 10:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 8 2015, 10:11 PM
Thanks Todd,
After what you've said i might just try the iPad version. I hate Apple with a passion but have two iPads and three iPods laugh.gif I also have a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 and Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and I really prefer Android smile.gif but I prefer Windows desktop over them all biggrin.gif

Cheers

[Rquote name='Todd Simpson' date='May 8 2015, 06:47 PM' post='711038']
Whatever works is what you gotta use smile.gif I like the desktop version quite a bit. However, I do like the tablet version on ipad as well but there is no android version for a good reason. The android operating system is just not built for audio production as it's open source and the hardware has no set minimum standards. If you ever get the chance to try a touch screen interface for recording/guitar processing, it's very hard to go back to only using the mouse. But until then, ....
[/quote]

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 9 2015, 01:28 AM
" I hate apple but have two ipads and an ipod!" hehehehehe. Nice smile.gif Well. while your hating them with your ipad, I"d say grab a cheap audio interface that's ipad compatible (the IK multimedia products come to mind and run about $50) so you can plug in to your ipad and try the world of killer audio apps available. Your IPOD will work as well but I"ve found the bigger screen makes patch tweaking easier on ipad smile.gif

I sometimes run from my ipad directly to my power amp/guitar cab and it sounds darn amazing. For recording, i run sometimes just use the ipad and garage band or the killer AURIA DAW for ipad which supports plugins like TH2! THese days you really don't need a computer for recording/mixing if you have an ipad. smile.gif

Android products are great for other stuff, but the ipad was built for music imho. Which is probably why so many folks are using it for music production and why folks avoid android like the plague for music production. I know many folks that like WINDOWS and REAPER but I don't know many pro shops that prefer it. Studios still embrace Mac and Pro Tools or LOGIC. The only reason to own a mac IMHO is to run LOGIC. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 8 2015, 05:11 PM) *
Thanks Todd,
After what you've said i might just try the iPad version. I hate Apple with a passion but have two iPads and three iPods laugh.gif I also have a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 and Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and I really prefer Android smile.gif but I prefer Windows desktop over them all biggrin.gif

Cheers

[Rquote name='Todd Simpson' date='May 8 2015, 06:47 PM' post='711038']

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 9 2015, 07:59 AM
I can't use my iPod, in fact I've got three that I can't use. A nano and two classics. None have touch screen.
I know Macs are used a lot in music and also graphical design. I don't actually hate Apple products totally, the hardware is lovely I just don't like Apple's own software or iOS. ITunes really makes me mad. If you buy a CD that has bonus tracks on, the bonus tracks can end up anywhere and you end up editing the track info to match the other tracks to get them into the same album. I still have one track on a Motorhead album that was one of the original tracks but is all on its own, I can't edit the info because one of the cells in the info box is different to all the other tracks and has some info in it. It would be great if we could just drag tracks into album folders. I don't know if this can be done with other none Apple software so maybe I'm being unfair.

Sorry! Rant over.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 9 2015, 06:45 PM
Ahh, vintage ipods!! Yeah that won't work. I don't use iTunes at all for music. Never really got in to it as I"ve always been more of a "streaming music" guy. smile.gif So pandora/spotify for me.

I tried converting all my cds to mp3 files but it was just a big pain to carry data around so I just leapfrogged it and went to streaming. Still have my mp3s somewhere smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 9 2015, 02:59 AM) *
I can't use my iPod, in fact I've got three that I can't use. A nano and two classics. None have touch screen.
I know Macs are used a lot in music and also graphical design. I don't actually hate Apple products totally, the hardware is lovely I just don't like Apple's own software or iOS. ITunes really makes me mad. If you buy a CD that has bonus tracks on, the bonus tracks can end up anywhere and you end up editing the track info to match the other tracks to get them into the same album. I still have one track on a Motorhead album that was one of the original tracks but is all on its own, I can't edit the info because one of the cells in the info box is different to all the other tracks and has some info in it. It would be great if we could just drag tracks into album folders. I don't know if this can be done with other none Apple software so maybe I'm being unfair.

Sorry! Rant over.

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 9 2015, 08:46 PM
The classics are the latest version, nice and big storage. I have one for the car and I put one through my hi-fi and before you start saying "nonononono don't put MP3 through a hi-fi, it's ok, it's not just a cable connection wink.gif I hook it up to a Meridian F80 (bought used I have to add) and I cannot tell the difference between a CD or the iPod playing the same track through the F80. Here it is. I keep all of my CD's in the loft/attic.

They also do a version for any hi-fi with analogue inputs HERE should anybody want one.

I love Meridian products but have only ever bought second hand, and only ever bought there "bottom of the range" products laugh.gif beautiful they are, looky looky wink.gif

The Nano is a 4th gen that I use for holidays.

I have to admit, I do still like to be able to hold something like a CD when I buy my music, it be because I'm an old fart cool.gif

Cheers, and sorry to digress so much on this thread unsure.gif

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 11 2015, 08:55 AM
I've got Pandora and Spotify on my cell phone and with wifi access I've got every song pretty much ever made ready to stream. The quality is NOT perfect of course, but for casual listening/party listening it's just fine for me wink.gif

I still have not deleted all my mp3 files on hard drives but it's starting to be like my DVD collcection. It just sorta sits there. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 9 2015, 03:46 PM) *
The classics are the latest version, nice and big storage. I have one for the car and I put one throu
I have to admit, I do still like to be able to hold something like a CD when I buy my music, it be because I'm an old fart cool.gif

Cheers, and sorry to digress so much on this thread unsure.gif

Phil

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
May 21 2015, 10:07 PM
Learning Chord Basher
I would LOVE to try this out, sadly I signed up with the hope of getting an invite nearly 2 weeks ago but still no answer from them.
Should I try to sign up again using a different email?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 21 2015, 11:18 PM
Now that is odd. I got the new build for the beta just today. They are usually really good about this kind of thing. I'd say sign up again!! IT's got a really great dual path/amp interface with some great pedals!

QUOTE (HiimAlex @ May 21 2015, 05:07 PM) *
I would LOVE to try this out, sadly I signed up with the hope of getting an invite nearly 2 weeks ago but still no answer from them.
Should I try to sign up again using a different email?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2015, 06:18 PM
The "Final Release" is finally out! Here is a patch I made with the new minted release version. I'm going to try to see if I can use this preset on desktop and my tablet and ipod if possible smile.gif Here is the preset and a preview

Attached File  BatCave.aupreset.zip ( 11.99K ) Number of downloads: 61

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:24 PM